Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
YoyoBee

My Hdb Resale Flat Renovation Experience

I bought a resale flat in Yishun early Feb 2013 and key collected in April 2013. Now my flat renovation is about half way through so I just want to share my experience about the renovation.

As I have no experience in renovation, I started browsing through the megazine and found that they give free consultation on space planning so I decided to fax my floor plan to 1 of the magazines.

The second thing I did was to google and found Reno talk website.I find the forum quite informative at least to me as a green horn in renovation. .

A few days later, id firms started to contact me and arranging for meetings. I've arranged meeting id firms from:
Ubi, Balestier, Joo Chiat, Tannery Lane and Kallang. The procedure for the meet ups are quite similar, questions they will ask : What concept you hv in mind for yr flat, budget, any special requirement .......

My ideal reno concept is Modern Resort and my budget is 50k because the flat I bought is a resale flat and is from JTC (they rented out the unit) so condition is very bad, I basically hv to redo the whole flat.

I received the proposal and quotes from the id firms and started checking out the forums regards to the 5 id firms. After much consideration I've shortlisted 2 id firms : from Balestier and Tanney Lane and I went down for 2nd meet up.

-- During the second meet up the id firm at Balestier promise to add in alot of additional stuff (full height mirror, vanity top.....) and want me to sign the contract on the spot. (Strange thing is during our 1st and 2nd meet up , when we are in discussion in their office cum showroom there is a guy lying at the sofa starring and listen to our conversation?????)

-- The second meet up at Tannery Lane, ID go through and explain the quotation item by item and if necessary he will give me suggestion to keep the cost to my budget. He even ask me to go back, digest the quotation and he will follow up with me in a later date.

So guest what? I chose the id from Tanney Lane, they are not the cheapest but they are more transparent and their image of company is so far the best of all 5 id firm. Well, now got to wait to verify their service and workmenship. I will update in a later date!!

That's for now, I am willing to upload the 3D drawing if there is any request ya!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi YoyoBee, congrats on ur new flat & welcomed to RT! Glad tt u've started this blog to record & share ur reno journey. Many ppl here glad to share their experience & comments wif u too! :) Enjoy! :yamseng:

PS. posting of pics & updates is a default in t-blogs without asking.. Wahaha!! :bleah::lol:

Hi Retchlow, Thanks! You bought Your JTC flat in which area? Wow very detail info, I must go and gather mine! :sport-smiley-018:

mine is at serangoon north. 4NG. also in original condition. i spent about $38k to redo the whole house.

Personally, I'll go for option 1 - more modern mah.. I'll oso avoid having the fridge smacked right in the centre of an otherwise well-flushed full-height cabinet wall..

Well, in the end it boils down to personal preference la.. Njoy deciding among many more designs to come for ur hm.. :)

The reason for the fridge in between the cabinet is because I want to create a "magical triangle" in Feng Shui where the fridge, sink and cooker hob and hood is place in a triangle position to harmonise each other. I study Feng Shui so I hv to apply it!! :):):D

The reason for the fridge in between the cabinet is because I want to create a "magical triangle" in Feng Shui where the fridge, sink and cooker hob and hood is place in a triangle position to harmonise each other. I study Feng Shui so I hv to apply it!! :):):D

wow, ur hse layout & deco must be very well thought-out for a soon soon & prosperous stay!! :thumbs up: