Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eddy1564

Our 5-Room Resale...and It's Transformation

Hi,

Been a few days since I gave any update. Well, the approval from HDB is already in so tmrw (29th July), they will start hacking. Finally, the actual renovation works will take place....

More updates later on other appliances I've bought for the new place...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We actually wanted to keep our current top load washer from F&P and just purchase a new dryer. Unfortunately, the height limitations will only allow a space of 20cm between my washer and wall-hung dryer. With that small space, we won't be able to open the top load washer lid fully making it an impractical move. So we had no choice but to switch to a front load washer and dryer which will be stacked. I went online to do my research. Visited the various electrical departmental stores and asked around. Ended up investing on a Miele. From what I gathered, its a masterpiece though. Worth the money invested and some have owned a Miele for 10 to 20 years w/o any breakdown. I've read somewhere that someone else's Miele even lasted him for 40 years. If mine can last for 15 years, I'll be happy already. The model I got was this one...

http://www.webshop.miele.sg/products-page/laundry-care/w-5872

MieleWasher

MieleDryer

Their price has always been controlled so discounts are had to come by. There were having a promotion for these as a set and it cost me just under $6K with extended warranty (1+4 years).

As for furnitures, my wife and I are lovers of teakwood furniture. They are beautiful, never gets out of style, easy to maintain and can last a really long time. We previously bought our dining table with chairs from this place (http://www.woodfarmlifestyle.com/) located at Dempsey. They do Burmese and Indon teak and you can choose either. I was happy with the custom made dining table I got and so, I decided to go back to them and custom order my other furnitures for the new place. As the furnitures are custom-made, they aren't ready yet so I only have photos of the drawings to share with you guys. Here are my furnitures...

TV console & media console

TVconsole

Sofa Daybed

SofaDaybed

Coffee Table

CoffeeTable

Bedside table

Bedside

Stool (near shoe cabinet for us to sit when putting on shoes)

stool

I will share the photos of the actual furnitures once they're ready. If any of you would like contacts for Wood Farm, let me know. The people are friendly and reasonable.

Have not been updating this blog for a LONG LONG time. Busy with work, holidays etc. Hacking for my unit already completed. Leveling and waterproofing also done. Rewiring and tiling now in progress. There are some areas where new walls need to be erected and that is also underway....

photos coming up...

IMG 2791

IMG 2792

IMG 2793

IMG 2794

IMG 2796

Kitchen wall hacked for open concept kitchen

IMG 2868

The hallway with the store hacked

IMG 2869

The bedroom thats gonna be smaller now after store is expanded

IMG 2870

The blocks indicating the extended size of store

IMG 2871

Wall tiles for master toilet

IMG 2873

IMG 2874

Edited by eddy1564

Hi,

I also bought hangrohe pura vida but my contractor say cannot fit due to exposed piping. Can show me how's yours were fitted? Thnx.