Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

HAHHAHA

that's an EXCELLENT idea! you know, if it's artsy I can still tolerate it.

but the problem now is that it's not even nice!

Take a look at it -

a0j3.jpg

I was stunned when I first saw it, to be honest. I told him, "Our theme is 'city living'. How is this related to the theme?" And his brilliant response is that this is the 'origins' of city living... ... *facepalm* And he's so proud that it costs only $6. I wouldn't have taken it even if it was free. :bleah:

So now I'm either going to adopt Project H's suggestion of the storeroom or I can give it to whomever has a housewarming teehee... just need to find a way to do it without letting him realize.... :notti:

HUmourous leh!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HUmourous leh!

hahhahahahah

he thinks he's being funny but I wasn't amused when he came back with this.

That's why I really plan to put it in the storeroom. Then i'll wait until he forgets about it, then I'll give it away! :notti:

whao.... wrap as christmas pressie... Lol

LOL

good idea!!! hahahahhahahah

but i'll still have to wait until he forgets about it... oh and I cannot give to a common friend.

I can imagine what'll happen if I give it to a common friend, they hang it up and if we go to visit them -

HTB: "Eh.... OMG i have the EXACT same painting! You have AWESOME taste! How much did you pay for it????!!!" :rofl::rofl:

This morning, the HTB was extremely excited - more than he normally is. Using his handphone, he showed me a forum thread over at Hardwarezone where this guy bought an entire arcade machine from Taobao.

The link is here -

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/my-humble-hoot-taobao-4413146.html

Apparently, that guy paid around $500+ to $600 for the machine (which includes shipping to Singapore) and this being China, naturally, has been modified so that there are all the old classic arcade games in the machine. According to the thread, there's Puzzle Bubble, King of Fighters, Marvel vs Capcom, 3 Kingdoms, Street Fighter etc etc etc. So needless to say, now HE wants to buy one too. *facepalm* Keeps exclaiming that this game reminds him of the time he used to skip school to head over to the arcades and how he's unbeaten at the Virtua Striker game over at Orchard Emerald (now no longer there, so to him, somehow this is a sign that his unbeaten record there will never be broken)

Here's some photos of the size of the thing -

sk3w.jpg

4cpr.jpg

p9wl.jpg

93x6.jpg

I asked him nicely where he intends to place it. He says the Entertainment Room. I remind him that there's no space there anymore. Then he says the Living Room. I remind him once again that it totally clashes with the entire decor there. Next he says, "The Walk-in Wardrobe". I remind him that I refuse to get changed in an arcade. The last thing he said to me before he dropped me off on the way to his office was, "I don't care, I'm going to buy this. I can put this outside the house and charge all the neighbours' kids money to play. Banglas also can come to play."

Seriously... I'm running out of face for me to palm. :help:

Edited by zihui

This morning, the HTB was extremely excited - more than he normally is. Using his handphone, he showed me a forum thread over at Hardwarezone where this guy bought an entire arcade machine from Taobao.

The link is here -

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/my-humble-hoot-taobao-4413146.html

Apparently, that guy paid around $500+ to $600 for the machine (which includes shipping to Singapore) and this being China, naturally, has been modified so that there are all the old classic arcade games in the machine. According to the thread, there's Puzzle Bubble, King of Fighters, Marvel vs Capcom, 3 Kingdoms, Street Fighter etc etc etc. So needless to say, now HE wants to buy one too. *facepalm* Keeps exclaiming that this game reminds him of the time he used to skip school to head over to the arcades and how he's unbeaten at the Virtua Striker game over at Orchard Emerald (now no longer there, so to him, somehow this is a sign that his unbeaten record there will never be broken)

Here's some photos of the size of the thing -

sk3w.jpg

4cpr.jpg

p9wl.jpg

93x6.jpg

I asked him nicely where he intends to place it. He says the Entertainment Room. I remind him that there's no space there anymore. Then he says that Living Room. I remind him once again that it totally clashes with the entire decor there. Next he says, "The Walk-in Wardrobe". I remind him that I refuse to get changed in an arcade. The last thing he said to me before he dropped me off on the way to his office was, "I don't care, I'm going to buy this. I can put this outside the house and charge all the neighbours' kids money to play. Banglas also can come to play."

LOL! nice find! Very funny on how he insisted to get it into the hse even though you disapprove it..haha

LOL! nice find! Very funny on how he insisted to get it into the hse even though you disapprove it..haha

Like I said, I'm beginning to think my partner is a 5 year old boy.

Never thought I'll be hearing things like "I don't care" and "I want!" this early on... ... :no:

The link is here -

I asked him nicely where he intends to place it. He says the Entertainment Room. I remind him that there's no space there anymore. Then he says the Living Room. I remind him once again that it totally clashes with the entire decor there. Next he says, "The Walk-in Wardrobe". I remind him that I refuse to get changed in an arcade. The last thing he said to me before he dropped me off on the way to his office was, "I don't care, I'm going to buy this. I can put this outside the house and charge all the neighbours' kids money to play. Banglas also can come to play."

Wow!! I love the spirit!! You hubby has my utmost admiration for the never give up spirit.

Nevertheless, it is indeed a good find, bringing back the good old days. :good:

Edited by OceanEleven

Like I said, I'm beginning to think my partner is a 5 year old boy.

Never thought I'll be hearing things like "I don't care" and "I want!" this early on... ... :no:

Trust me, it's better dealing with a 5 years boy than a 50 years old tart. :notti:

there r times we acted like baby boys..don't you find that cute? hahah :sport-smiley-004:

No. :no:

I'm supposed to be the princess who gets pampered, not the the mother pampering the boy. :bleah:

Wow!! I love the spirit!! You hubby has my utmost admiration for the never give up spirit.

Nevertheless, it is indeed a good find, bringing back the good old days. :good:

That's the trouble with him.

If I remember correctly, he was excited about buying a 2nd hand foldable pool table first.

Then later on, he was excited about buying a foosball / air hockey table.

Now he's super excited about the arcade machine. Luckily he's hopeless at finding things at Taobao so he can't secretly go order it on his own.

Trust me, it's better dealing with a 5 years boy than a 50 years old tart. :notti:

hahahahahaahahahahhaa

that's true too!

We've received the 2nd draft of the 'Celebrity Chefs' wall decal from the decal supplier.

Now this is what we're happy with, so we're most probably going to confirm this design -

j2nq.jpg

Hoping the actual thing will look as good in our kitchen!!! *fingers crossed*