Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pokz1981

Reno @ Kovan Maisonette

hi pokz1981,

looking forward to more updates and also your TB buys :)

btw, those holes in the roller shutter above the balcony, are these covered or opened ? am wondering if rain can come in through those holes...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi pokz1981,

looking forward to more updates and also your TB buys :)

btw, those holes in the roller shutter above the balcony, are these covered or opened ? am wondering if rain can come in through those holes...

Hi Alfredt, those are covered. There are those which open outwards which allow air to come in but block rains. But those are risky. I sincerely hope that no lizards will come visit my place.

Havoc time this morning as installation of fans clashed with the sanding of the parquet upstairs. Sand dusts flying around when i reached the place and Elmark people were getting ready to install the fan. Due to poor coordination, the parquet workers were quite pissed that they could not proceed to their work and had to stop. Complain here and there plus calling his boss to say that "you cant expect me to beat them right". Anyway, they stopped work when the contractor guys stopped all power as we were trying to deal with my dimmable downlights in the master bedroom due to issue with wiring connections. So after an hour or so, all upper floors fans were installed and dimmable feature of the downlights also resolved. (out of 8 downlights in master, 4 are dimmable right in front of the TV console area).

While I was there, can also see that some glass works are being installed and carpenter is doing his measurements. An hour later, when all fans are installed. The parquet guys are applying lacquer all over the place. I rem zihui posted in her posts that she got high on those..hahah. but honestly, it is really choking. Hence, not much pictures on those works.

670r.jpg

jfme.jpg

The downlights looks good here

c6xf.jpg

xnd4.jpg

Ooooh like your fans and saw that you bought the Vento Fan! We were tempted to get this 'chili padi' fan due to its big power despite the tiny size but the price tag is just ahem, very beautiful too. Enjoy it :)

Ooooh like your fans and saw that you bought the Vento Fan! We were tempted to get this 'chili padi' fan due to its big power despite the tiny size but the price tag is just ahem, very beautiful too. Enjoy it :)

Hi Makan, i hoped it serve its purpose. the only thing i know is that it works with AC power and the person at Amasco mention that AC power are stronger than DC. Though studied between AC and DC before, but just cannot understand the logic. Someone here might be able to advise.

AC will have only 3 speeds while DC can have countless (quoted from the salesperson).

Majority of the glassworks are done up. Painting have been in progress and now mainly are the installation of the lights and carpentry. Installation of the toilet WCs and sinks will be sometime next week, so would be the same for the doors. Have also chosen the metal gate today which will be delivered the week after next. In the meantime, all aircons are up!

Pics of the glassworks

Kitchen lightings

k72i.jpg

Sliding glass door separating kitchen with balcony

ecwl.jpg

View of glasswork when doors are closed

9ac6.jpg

View from balcony towards living and kitchen

6h18.jpg

Paranomic view from entrance

esfw.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all, fellow forumners, any good recommendation for movers? Thanks

Hi Pokz,

a number of RTers use http://www.thehelpinghand.org.sg/

If I'm not wrong, they've gotten pretty good reviews from some of the RTers.

I unfortunately didn't get to try them out myself as we enlisted the help of our relatives (and several Bangla workers) but I know that the hubby was considering them previously!

Hope this helps :yamseng:

Hi Pokz,

a number of RTers use http://www.thehelpinghand.org.sg/

If I'm not wrong, they've gotten pretty good reviews from some of the RTers.

I unfortunately didn't get to try them out myself as we enlisted the help of our relatives (and several Bangla workers) but I know that the hubby was considering them previously!

Hope this helps :yamseng:

Thanks Zihui, will check with them on this. :thumbs up:

Thanks Zihui, will check with them on this. :thumbs up:

Thanks zihui, shall check it out.

You're very welcome - plus they're a bit of a social enterprise so it's nice too :good:

We used Helping Hands for our move. Reasonably priced, fast and good. And they are located very close to your new place.

You can call them down to your current place to get a quote.

We used Helping Hands for our move. Reasonably priced, fast and good. And they are located very close to your new place.

You can call them down to your current place to get a quote.

Thanks Benauhc, will contact them tomorrow.

Most of the lights are installed just pending the delivery for the rest of the lights from TBs. Had some minor hiccups with the location of the power points. Decided to shift them to the side instead of the center of the walls. Parquet workers were doing 2nd round of polishing and putting a 2nd layer of lacquer this morning.

Aircon in one of the common room was reshifted slightly so that it will not be blowing directly onto bed which is bad for health. The rest were located either above doors but not all could be done this way as the trunking and piping have to be concealed. Carpentry works are in process and should be up by the next week.

Have been doing quite a bit of coordination to arrange for deliveries of my furniture prior to shifting in for 25th Nov. Let me put it down as a way to recollect everything

1) Main Door should be up by saturday

2) Main door lockset from Yale YDM3109 will be schedule for installing in the on saturday

3x8i.jpg

3) Metal gate from Metalworld will be coming down for installation on Monday (timing yet to be confirm)

7ha9.jpg

4) WCs and sinks from Toto would be coming down on monday as well (timing to be confirm)

5) OPSH will be coming on tuesday to do measurement and install one parition wall. One side partition beside MBR entrance is already up as shown in picture below. There will be a L-shaped WIW measured 2.5m by 2m done up.

xi3n.jpg

6) Bathroom fixtures will also be delivered on either monday on tuesday from Bretz celebrity bath and locks.

7) Wallpaper installer will come to install the wallpaper in the mbr on next friday. Below is the image which is not the clearest. But the overall effect is to look pink for the room.

kox3.jpg

Besides the polishing of the parquet flooring. Staircase glassworks are still in progress. Not too sure when will everything be up though perhaps in the next week or so. All the windor grilles are installed though.

fsbc.jpg

Sides of staircase wall are covered up with carpentry as shown in the first picture.

1z0v.jpg

Taking a closer look at the carpentry works. The spaces in between will house energy saving bulbs on alternate levels. Just hope that the final product can match the desired effect that i browse on one magazine with picture below

0hxf.jpg

4im6.jpg