Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pokz1981

Reno @ Kovan Maisonette

Its just 10 days before the shifting. Think alot will be ongoing after shift in as I see that the handover would really be quite tight. Went down to check on the installation of wallpaper and ended up in disappointment. By right the company should have come down and take measurement of my place before placing an order on the size. I sensed something is wrong and even challenged on his works since he ordered a 3m by 3m size when i mentioned that my height is 2.6m and width would be lesser than 3m. However, he reassured that his workers will do everything nicely and ask me not to worry. End up when i reached today, the installer asked me which part do i need to cut so that the wallpaper can fit. I should have known better 8|. Bad experience for me and lesson learnt that there is nothing call "everything will be done nicely when measurements are not taken".

On a side note, i was quite pleased that i have installed my man utd wallpapers in the study room. Quality of the wallpaper bought from Megastore was not really the best as it really feels just like paper and can tear easily. Anyway, since it's already bought, I will make do with what i can. Besides the wallpaper installation, I just took delivery of the oven and microwave and installation would either be tomorrow or next week which i have no idea when (last workweek to go). There were no workers at work today at all. It seems that the main con, carpenter, plumber and electrician are all tied up. Really wonder how much they can progress for next week :dunno: .

Just as I was about to leave the house after wallpaper installation, i realised that the kitchen stove top was cut wrongly. By right the gas hob and induction hob should slightly off-center and under the perimeter of the hood. But it seems the carpenter cuts a rectangle right in the center. Called my ID and after checking. He mentioned that the carpenter is aware of this and will make rectification. Perhaps, that is the reason why he was missing today... :drunk:

My master br bedhead wall. By right, the pic should stretch abit more to the left. But due to the wrong size, the main tree has to be salvaged. Pink is the overall colour for Fengshui reason, just like my purple accent wall for other common bedrooms.

0j9b.jpg

Not sure how long the wallpaper can last. Definitely the quality is much inferior to the korean wallpapers. But the overall effect to me is still awesome. No chance to take the other end as my phone batt went flat

84pd.jpg

Delivery collected for oven/microwave, gas hob, induction hob and chimney hood

xcta.jpg

My previous pole system wardrobe which i have shifted from old place to one of the common bedroom. Due to miscommunication, the left part of the cove lightings has to be cut so that the last pole can go all the way up. Then it will be possible for new doors to be fabricated and can close neatly rather than hitting the cove lights.

xdag.jpg

Lastly, while waiting for the installer to do his job which i waited for 3hr plus, i took a paranomic view from living room to capture the progress of the reno. 65% done

iba5.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice!

Thanks Harriette.

Over the weekend, I have shifted some of the stuffs over. The installation of the haiku fan has been done today but vento fan is still in progress. Plants and rack purchased as required by Fengshui. There were a few disappointments though

1) The dimension for Eubiq tracking was not followed by the carpenter. Somewhere somehow, the communication broke down and the cut for my tv console became 1496mm which the communcation length was 1003mm. They had to replace it

2) The vanity mirror seems too close for comfort. A 200mm was too much for us to take like putting a mirror right in front of you. when you wash your face. This has to be rectified too. Work in progress for this and hopefully it will be done and resolved by Thurs

3) Went to discuss with main contractor today, I had asked to omit a track lighting cable but somehow it appears today and this has to be removed as well since the cove light from the living to the dining is more than enough.

4) The top part of my kitchen cabinet is white laminate. But this looks weird for my "tall boy", hence it will be change to wooden laminate to match the lining. Got to tell my mind that this is "special"

5) The oven model was delivered wrong on Friday and had been sitting inside the "tall boy" when i discovered it. As I never bring the invoice along, and just agree when i see one oven being delivered. On second look on sunday. It was different from what i have seen previously and immediately went to GAB to ask them check and contact Bosch.

Other end of my study, facing dining

qk6w.jpg

The TV console area, noticed that there is a cut-out area whereby the length is too long and have to redo.

4m1x.jpg

"Tall boy" standing tall and weird with the white laminate. It will be change to match the lower part.

i801.jpg

Shower pipes are all installed.

ht7s.jpg

Progress updates from ID. Realised that they took better pics of the place. Perhaps i was always in a rushing mode. While they took their time to take down each and every piece in details.

Wallpaper view

fass.jpg

Entire lower floor area

6urj.jpg

More pics of lower floor

vung.jpg

sx8r.jpg

TB purchases installed in kitchen bathroom

2a4i.jpg

Upperfloors reno pics

m62l.jpg

jgun.jpg

Common bathroom, the vanity mirror box has been removed to make it thinner such that the mirror wont seem too close to me

q4ua.jpg

e5ve.jpg

Master bath on top and common bath below

xj2a.jpg

Progress updates for today. In a week's time, I should be settling in my new home. It is very rush now and certain things will be done after shift in. For example, i still have 3 lightings yet to be delivered from TB. Glassworks and remaining doors should be up either today or tomorrow. Carpentry for balcony area is also still in progress. The friendly eubiq guy came over today to do some site measurement and also gave some advice. Bosch delivery also came to replace the wrong model that they have delivered earlier on for my oven. The workers from my contractor are all out in full force to do cleaning and patching here and there.

Quartz and granite are being installed for my kitchen island area while i was onsite for inspection. Should be all up with my kitchen tap and other basins in the room and taps installed. Some patching works are still in progress and also the installation of my haiku and vento fans.

Quartz countertop installed. the long cutout on the island is for the installation of the eubiq track for use of electrical appliance or laptop. Induction and gas cooker are also cut out.

3shn.jpg

Granite countertop for common and master bath respectively

xqmp.jpg

View of the so called island stretching from living to dining.

66l8.jpg

Balcony carpentry still in progress, the middle portion is for washing machine while the left most portion is still work in progress for a cabinet to display my water feature. Water heater for lower floor is hidden at the centre top. The empty portion to the right can be use for storing small items.

ay7b.jpg

the haiku fan is finally up. have not really tested it yet. It would be nice if all cables can be concealed.

bwlf.jpg

Progress updates for today. In a week's time, I should be settling in my new home. It is very rush now and certain things will be done after shift in. For example, i still have 3 lightings yet to be delivered from TB. Glassworks and remaining doors should be up either today or tomorrow. Carpentry for balcony area is also still in progress. The friendly eubiq guy came over today to do some site measurement and also gave some advice. Bosch delivery also came to replace the wrong model that they have delivered earlier on for my oven. The workers from my contractor are all out in full force to do cleaning and patching here and there.

Quartz and granite are being installed for my kitchen island area while i was onsite for inspection. Should be all up with my kitchen tap and other basins in the room and taps installed. Some patching works are still in progress and also the installation of my haiku and vento fans.

Quartz countertop installed. the long cutout on the island is for the installation of the eubiq track for use of electrical appliance or laptop. Induction and gas cooker are also cut out.

3shn.jpg

Granite countertop for common and master bath respectively

xqmp.jpg

View of the so called island stretching from living to dining.

66l8.jpg

Balcony carpentry still in progress, the middle portion is for washing machine while the left most portion is still work in progress for a cabinet to display my water feature. Water heater for lower floor is hidden at the centre top. The empty portion to the right can be use for storing small items.

ay7b.jpg

the haiku fan is finally up. have not really tested it yet. It would be nice if all cables can be concealed.

bwlf.jpg

Hello! That Haiku is looking good! How much did you spend on it?

Last weekday before i shift in on monday. Work is progressing at a furious pace... almost all workers call in to make sure i can shift in. Deadline is tight, installation for eubiq is tomorrow, delivery of furnitures from originals is tomorrow and also collection of TB purchase which i can install prior to shifting and will not cause much disruption.

Glassworks has been done up for my staircase, laquering done to the sides, lights installed but not yet activated. Mirror box has been cut and adjusted but installation of mirror not done yet. bathroom accessories has been drilled in and backsplash tiling is on the way. Sliding panel between living and balcony is done but yet to see the final product. Installation of doors to storeroom, kitchen bathroom and upper level room are done. Frosted glass door installed for upper bathrooms. Granite and quartz countertop are all done.

Master bath vanity cabinet is done, pending the installation of mirror then all is complete. bathroom accessories are also installed today

b81z.jpg

Common bathroom also done up except the installation of mirror

c7g7.jpg

Kitchen bathroom with accessories installed

9kni.jpg

bevk.jpg

Finally the installation of my mirror on the kitchen bathroom. vintage retro theme perhaps

zf9h.jpg

Lastly, some other pictures on the rest of the updated works.

installation of doors done for the common rooms.

v50y.jpg

The "free" cabinet at the balcony area. The area was meant to put my water feature and i was suprised that it was not fixed. ID mention that they let it to be free in case i wanted to put other stuffs in the future at the place or even upsize my water feature. After looking at it, i told the carpenter to add 4 wheels to it since it was meant to be "free" Final product is still not known yet.

u3p4.jpg

The little fiery fire... I had to admit that i bought it for asthetic purpose initially since it is only 13inch. How much can i expect from this fella which sits quietly in the corner waiting to pounce. It suits me perfectly for the fact that i wanted some breeze in my dining area but i do not want a ceiling fan sitting on top, i wanted dining lights from the reno blogs that i seen all these while. Hence, this was a late late purchase (introduce by my ID when she saw it in some mood boards, and i managed to trace the location of it in SG). When the power was on, medium speed is all it takes for me to feel the breeze in my dining area. I am amazed and thankful that i went ahead with the decision to pruchase it without my wife's permission initially (and of course... i pay :rolleyes:).

7znz.jpg

x6cp.jpg