Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pokz1981

Reno @ Kovan Maisonette

Ok, so finally the main door is up. On saturday, I had to make sure that the main door is being installed so that the people from homeImprovement can come and install the lockset. Lucky there was no hiccup, and the door was up on time just as the lockset people arrived to do the installation.

The whole process took around an hour. First they have to work on the newly mounted door to create an opening within the door, I am quite amazed that they are able to create that hole in the middle and not splitting the whole door in the process. Any wrongdoing and the door might just split open. That is the most tedious part, the rest is just putting in the lockset and then do some screwing and tuning for alignment.

guki.jpg

Alignment in progress

ez1s.jpg

The final outcome!

5rc3.jpg

Sunday was an off day. The work continues this morning when my WCs and basins arrived. Not really sure when they will be installed hence leaving them in the study room first.

In total, 3 WCs and 2 sinks plus payment :(

bxdi.jpg

rvbh.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Next up was the installation of the metalgate. They arrived on time. 3 workers in total. 2 locals and one china worker. Poor thing, as a newbie he was being nagged here and there. At some point, i can see the anger in his eyes and is afraid that a fight is coming. He was probably doing all the "sai kang" while the other 2 old birds just do minor stuffs plus make comments. Part of learning process maybe.

That is the poor guy below

05zz.jpg

Teaching in progress

xhvd.jpg

End day, the final product is all that i am concerned...

l00h.jpg

coming on nicely :good:

Looking good, Pokz! The finishing line is in sight! :good:

Looking good! cant wait to see the finished product :good:

Thanks all, final 2 weeks to go. daily tasks everyday right till the end...Will post more pics if available. Just informed that my TB purchase for toilet stuffs have arrived.

Carpentries are delivered today and installation are in progress. Besides taking delivery of my bathroom accessories, the TB bathroom accessories were also brought over. Was really amazed at the progress with the carpentries. Most of them were delivered and installation is in progress. There were some minor hiccups here and there but overall everything is still fine.

minor issues reported

1) door size mixed up for 2, contractor to redo.

2) Electrician make mistake on hood/hob area as he leave space for only one switch when 2 is needed

3) box-up for common bathroom not taken into consideration by carpenter. They will have to cut short the carpentry size so that installation of lightbox (shining upwards) is possible

4) Water seepage spotted at balcony with the afternoon downpour, have contacted window contractor down to put silicon and remedy

cooker countertop and island countertop

qzk7.jpg

microwave countertop and cooker countertop

qs4d.jpg

View from balcony

ctc9.jpg

View of kitchen from staircase

xt8b.jpg

Workers doing the installation

3gaa.jpg

Another look at my front gate and other stuffs. Pics taken by ID.

qanj.jpg

Locksets for front gate and main door

yk4t.jpg

Maindoor and storeroom tic-tac door

liel.jpg

Curbs for staircase completed. Ready for paiting and installation of glass railings and lights

hl3m.jpg

T&J Switches in masterbedroom. One dimmable switch

gtkw.jpg

Lastly, the WCs and bathroom vanity tops are up too with works in progress...

Upstairs common bath and master

jgft.jpg

Kitchen common toilet and master br wiw

56nb.jpg

A closer look at the partition done up and the aircon in masterbr

hfkc.jpg

Upstairs common bathroom vanity countertop, waterpipes on the left handside of wall will be boxed up

vtwy.jpg

Master bathroom vanity countertop, awaiting granite installation and washer basin

8jh3.jpg

Taobao purchases mainly for kitchen bathrooms. do not really have a specific theme in the new place. I like almost all i found in renotalk forum. Loft, vintage, modern. So specifically for kitchen bathroom, i try to make it vintage by using copper colours.

4t9y.jpg

s0q6.jpg

usgm.jpg

Industrial themed picture frames

gweu.jpg

Made orders for curtains yesterday, while delivery of kitchen appliances would be on Friday, together with wallpaper installation and installation of bathroom accessories would be on saturday. Magicseal measurements would be tomorrow, together with wardrobe payments and kitchen and bathroom top measurements.

View from balcony

ctc9.jpg

can you show a wide angle photo for the entrance from balcony to the kitchen ? that looks like a top hung sliding door (very nice). I wanted to something like that but I got pipes at one end and toilet on the other. so having some problems with the sliding door.

View from balcony

ctc9.jpg

can you show a wide angle photo for the entrance from balcony to the kitchen ? that looks like a top hung sliding door (very nice). I wanted to something like that but I got pipes at one end and toilet on the other. so having some problems with the sliding door.

Hi Alfredt,

Realised that I seldom take pics from the balcony side. Below is something which i have now. But the top hung sliding door is actually done from the inside of the kitchen. I have an earlier picture which shows it from the kitchen side. Hope it helps you.

nx04.jpg

See below.

9ac6.jpg

thanks. !

Hi Alfredt,

Realised that I seldom take pics from the balcony side. Below is something which i have now. But the top hung sliding door is actually done from the inside of the kitchen. I have an earlier picture which shows it from the kitchen side. Hope it helps you.

nx04.jpg

See below.

9ac6.jpg

Haha we share almost the same theme for our common bathroom with vintage bath and tap fittings! Good taste ;)

Yes Makanology, i like all the different styles, cant really put one theme for the entire place. It's gonna be a rojak but confined within certain walls of the house. Different feel at different places... Hopefully all will come together next time.