Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Noisy Flat... How To Solve?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do you mean 7K to do up the whole house or just certain area? OMG. It's really expensive.

I did soundproofing for one of my bedrooms.

The purpose was more to keep sound in than out. My wife plays piano and french horn - we try to minimise noise disruption to our neighbours.

Basic setup was we changed the windows to double glazed type, cost about 900+ for half length casement, 2.2m long. We also did wall partition for the entire room, ~2.5" rockwool + 0.5" gypsum board. That one cost about 1.8k. I painted the room myself after the construction to save cost - sealant + 2 coats of paint.

Generally it works pretty well (even for keeping noise out). The only thing we did not do is to replace the door cos we din want to hack the frame as it'll damage the existing tiles.

textured/uneven wall and curtain help.

my living room noise has cut down alot.. because i have textured wallpaper, and lots of curtain...

my guest room is still very noisy, cos thin curtain and no wallpaper.

my bedroom cant hear the noise anymore... :yamseng:

Wat kind of wall papers did u use? any pictures or information? i need help to reduce noise ah/// :bangwall: also.. what kind of curtains did you use? :unsure:

Soundproofing is a complex issue to tackle.

First thing to do is to seal off any gaps that allow air to come in. Slding windows are big culprits as normally not a tight seal. Use sponge or those hairy strips meant to prevent dust coming in.

Then consider using those heavy thermal 100% blackout curtains first. Firstly, the heavy materials will block some sound. the uneveness of the curtain will prevent sound from reflecting off this side of the room.

Heavy curtain and sealing as mentioned will certainly help to cut down some noise. If the sound is low rumming, the best way is to built a one side partition against existing window wall, stuff it with rockwool and install another window set and that means lot of work but it will works wonders!--sound guy.

Hiya, you can try using the noiseblock window, they are the company that are doing the proper sound insulation window, its not like the thin local double glazed windows.

I know trust me i have tried everything and thought that couldnt do anythng then i found nytc and they had a 50mm thick window that i though **** that has to be good :)

Hiya, you can try using the noiseblock window, they are the company that are doing the proper sound insulation window, its not like the thin local double glazed windows.

I know trust me i have tried everything and thought that couldnt do anythng then i found nytc and they had a 50mm thick window that i though **** that has to be good :)

Do u have the contact?