Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Noisy Flat... How To Solve?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have a friend who lives on the ground floor of an old building along River Valley Road, and behind a bus stop. So you can imagine the noise of the buses screeching to a stop and pulling away every few minutes. To tackle the problem, he refitted his windows with Best View windows. According to him, it works like a charm.

I have a friend who lives on the ground floor of an old building along River Valley Road, and behind a bus stop. So you can imagine the noise of the buses screeching to a stop and pulling away every few minutes. To tackle the problem, he refitted his windows with Best View windows. According to him, it works like a charm.

Best View windows? Tat is something new! Is it sound proof windows?

ya wanted to do bestview initially... but $7K is pricey. changed all our windows for less than $3K. not totally soundproof but good enuff lah =)

Today, I went to my place and the worker was laying the laminates. I watched him to do so as I sat at my usual spot, reading. Then I realised something, I wasnt disturbed by the traffic outside at all! Why? Cos the worker's radio was on, that too at a low volume.

In conclusion, the cheapest way to counter traffic buzz - soothing music of your choice!

thks ivory, for sharing! been feeling vexed abt this prob. shall try out this sat! =)

I would think that it would solve the problem. Cos I have a super sensitive ear and I have been living in a quiet area all my life so now that I have an apartment next to the road, boy is it bothering me BIG time. Each time I drop by, I will keep being bugged by the traffic outside. Of course FH, is not bothered the least bit, but I really cant take the **** noise!

Do feedback ok. I really hope it works for you!

Edited by ivory

textured/uneven wall and curtain help.

my living room noise has cut down alot.. because i have textured wallpaper, and lots of curtain...

my guest room is still very noisy, cos thin curtain and no wallpaper.

my bedroom cant hear the noise anymore... :dunno:

Theres a sound proof door in the market, according to my ex owner, our door is sound proof. (our house is facing expressway, u can imagine how noisy it is..) once we close the door, really reduce the noise. But i dunnoe the brand, sorry~