Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wildfaye29

Hdb - Hand Keys To Buyer Before Completion Appt?

Hi experts and gurus,

I would like to find out if this is a common practice? Buyers request to take keys prior to 2nd completion appt?

They are not doing any sort of reno (which is covered by a standard reno indemnity form from HDB), they wana so some cleaning, painting and prob move some belongings.

Agent claims its a common industry practice. but ownership is still with w sellers, SP services not transferred.

What if something goes wrong, who will be liable?

Should sellers reject the buyer's request? Or can a compromise be made? Agreements?

Thanks for advice!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

before 2nd appointment, seller still the owner of the HDB unit. In the eye of the law

Aka .. U the seller

Agent claims its a common industry practice.

some buyer do ask .. but not too sure is it common or not.

Should sellers reject the buyer's request? Or can a compromise be made? Agreements?

If u don't like the idea. Just reject.

No need to compromise or make what agreement.

There is a topic about this before

Some seller no issue on this. But not for me.

I reject my buyer request for handing the key early.

I don't want .. when **** happen.. then finger start to point here and there.

It still my house

I still paying the monthly installment

I still paying the property tax

I still paying Town council S&CC Rates

Hi experts and gurus,

I would like to find out if this is a common practice? Buyers request to take keys prior to 2nd completion appt?

They are not doing any sort of reno (which is covered by a standard reno indemnity form from HDB), they wana so some cleaning, painting and prob move some belongings.

Agent claims its a common industry practice. but ownership is still with w sellers, SP services not transferred.

Thanks for advice!

Not sure if it's common practice but HDB will issue an indemnity form which should protect your interest in case, touch wood, anything goes wrong. It has to be earliest 2 weeks after the 1st appointment date because by then quite unlikely that the buyer will back out. SP Services you can always cut off and buyer will have to pay a re-connection fee. I'm also asking my seller if I can do this because it's almost CNY around the time of the completion and I need to start reno work before that. I have 2 kids and 2 cats so putting up at a temporary home or bunk in with my relatives is not an option.