Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

This topic was brought up cause its quite disturbing to see a growing emergence of resilient floorings in the interior design world.Masqurading as waterproof laminate floors and acting on the popularity of the product,numerous flooring companies start on it like a Bubble tea fashion without any concerns about the toxic poisonous gases being circulated in homes and sniffed in by children and adults alike.If its that safe,i very much doubt the flooring manufacturers will even bother to do a toxicity test on it.With concerns of the possibilities of deformation in chidren and cancerous arguments in google search engines and even World health organization running a report on it,as consumers it got us pretty worried.So much for Saving Gaia.Any feedbacks?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nowadays alot of things are toxic..toys, clothes etc

Even plastic takeaway containers are also toxic. It is very hard to avoid.

For flooring probably Tiles or Bamboo is also healthy flooring alternative.

But then, even the detergent used to clean your floor can also be toxic..

Edited by kellyla

Went to a Bata shoe shop today,their new cartons of stocks arrived and my oh my,the smell of rubber in the fully air-conditioned unit was so overpowering,that patrons including me all started to leave one by one.Pity the salesgirls who hv to be stuck there.Now just imagine,inhaling toxic emissions consistently in our home abode,example bedrooms with air con units,how unhealthy it can be.With cancer arguments all over google over the usage of resilient floors,the Bata scenario tdy tells me one stuff,rubber is still rubber no matter how they want to call it.Its 99% toxic.

Did a research on google and discovered all of the resilient floorings available from the market are all from China/Korean.None is from Germany/Europe as falsely claimed by some flooring vendors.Probably,as consumers we felt aggrieved when be told otherwise.A bit misleading,sadly.

There's a new product called IONWOOD in the market, an engineered wood which emits negative ion and no formaldehyde emission.. Its from one of the top wood flooring company. I happened to assist them to market the launch of this new product at the moment, if you guys need more info, you can PM mi..

Ionwood,sounds good.The top company marketing it out being Supreme Floors,i have heard but the pricing going around is a big shocker,$20 psf.Not for th common people I guess,more for the noveau rich.You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know about the dangers of polyvinyl chloride,the component for pvc/vinyl/resilient floors whatever they want to call it.Just google/yahoo/bing it's all over the place.Information on hand at the click of the mouse are all aplenty.

There is gossip going around that resilient floorings is causing skin irritation to children,especially those coated with so called nano silver ions.Is there any truth in it?Any feedback?

There is gossip going around that resilient floorings is causing skin irritation to children,especially those coated with so called nano silver ions.Is there any truth in it?Any feedback?

Waa... you better be careful don't anyhow talk/gossip.. only high-end floors got nano silver ok.

Later high-end people come and get you like ET (EvofloorTermiterich) hehehe

You know the song.. you can't dance, you can't sing, but you talk like Ravi..lah. hahahaha

We cannot be too careful these days because formaldehyde and other forms of toxic gases are all over the place. In the home where we spent lots of time relaxing, putting active carbon and growing pots of devil's ivy (common money plant) and Chinese evergreen (万年青) are some simple solutions to the absorbtion of toxic gases.

http://70wall.blogspot.com

Tell that to my acquaintance who had resilent floors installed in her 2 bedrooms,regret 100%.The smell of rubber is so over powering that she is feeling faint and do not dare to switch on her air con.Plus its her kids room.Now tell me which parent who do not love their kids.Its as good as putting poison in the house.Albeit,it came by from an innocent looking floor.Simple?I don't think so.

Hmm...recently went to evorich for vinyl flooring and they quoted me 6.5 psf, i mention to them about the vinyl pvc stuff, but they say their is different and no smell, they even show me that the kindergarten are using it, they also do show me certificate that they complie with some singapore authority (forgot the name) that their vinyl flooring is not toxin, anyone can help to enlighten more on this?