Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jinnous

Main Door "dropped" Slightly, Scratching Floor When Open Or Close Door

Try shifting the upper the hinges slightly higher and away from the existing location since the screw holes are loose.Suggest you change to new hinges and longer screws.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I managed to contact HDB officer to come down and have a look at my door this Sat. Hopefully can resolve something...

Hi,

How did the officer check whether the main is fire rated or not?

Thinking to change mine as well.. Mine is those super antique type... door with 4 squares...

Guest Ashish Bokil

Hello, I have the same problem in our home. HDB Guest bedroom Door "dropped" slightly, scratching Floor When Open Or Close Door. I can see that the lowest hinge has broken. Please check and quote the price to replace 1 bottom hinge & qoute to replace the complete set - 3 hinges of the door

Reply back to my mobille : 94887714
Mr & Mrs Bokil

Get a hinge that able to withstand the heavy weight of the door . 

FR door are supposed to be paired with heavy duty hinges only , or best fire tested hinges that comply with the regulations. 

At least is a sign the door could be fire-rated, as FR door are heavier .

If it is hollow and light or with more than 10mm gap at the bottom and 5mm gap at the edge. Seek a refund.

Unless their test report is able to prove the door they test is the same. 

Firedoor with just PSB label at the edge is not enough, without company seal at the edge, as these doors are checks randomly only. 

Doors without company label does not comply to the standard set by authorities.  

And is freaking expensive to get one unbranded. If unsure ask them for their test report. 

Best google first, then buy. I got mine replaced after getting my flat. Realised there are many unbranded ones or unlicensed ones in the market.

Some door manufacturers want to save money on materials and labour cost .

Edited by Sam77
miss post