Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snowblind

A Long Wait For The West

I will agree with oceaneleven. This forum awesome at helping out and poisoning ppl. My purchase in taobao has ballooned from 1.5k to almost 4k. But the cost saving is ssubstantial.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Or you all can do group purchase and split the cost, using sea freight, one can save quite a lot if consolidated all together.

Provided if one all can wait, norm is approx. 2-3 weeks.

Mine is delayed. My vanity cabinets takes 2 weeks to manufacture before it can be shipped. I should have ordered earlier. Take note of this when ordering. I waited abit too long and because of this, my bathroom works can start only when the cabinet arrives.

You guys buying from TB is it reliable? I have not bought from them before, but many times I find that products from China, looks really good on the website, but when you actually receive it, the quality is not quite there. Like when you buy some electronic item, it looks so good on the website but in actual fact the buttons look and feel plasticky.

So, I dare not buy unless I have actually seen the item. And for taps, are the dimensions suitable for Singapore?

Dont be surprise most of the things we bought are from China.

Practice due diligence, study more before making purchases.

Things made in China are not that bad, just avoid unknown brands.

Understood from other forumers, taps, faucets can be used in Singapore.

I am getting my taps, downlights, ceiling lights, vanity top, coffeetable, carpet from taobao. I agree that its a gamble especially on the quality but quite alot of stuff sold in sg are from there. And the savings is quite large. Example, I saw the exact bathroom vanity top sold in taobao for 200+ being sold for 700 in a shop at boon lay. And the guy was selling the mirror and additional stuff separately. In my 2 bathrooms itself, I save at least 500 including shipping.

Like ocean said, lookout for ratings and research properly before stepping in. Or worst case just buy the stuff forummers have bought and used. i will be receiving my 1st purchase next week. I will post the pic when its here.

Received my 1st amazon purchase for my HTS. Total amount came up to ard $130 sg for the wall mounts and 30m speaker 14 gauge wire. Could have bought them in sg but the amount would be abit higher plus I would lose the experience of buying from amazon which was inspired by fellow bloggers Kim and Ong. Now I can understand the excitment of opening the amazon box :sport-smiley-004:.

Can't wait for my taobao purchase to come next week.

10643564866_751b90de1a_c.jpg

Waiting for Black Friday! Now busy short listing stuff and hope that there will be good discounts by then *keeping fingers crossed*

Chose this colour for my hall but was afraid it might make the hall too dark. So last sat I bought a tin and test paint on the wall. Seem abit dark but have decided to risk it.

10857046563_354b765a61_c.jpg

The reason why my wife and I were quite nervous about the colour was our choice of tile. Alot of ppl were saying black tiles will make house look smaller, will trap heat, reflective and feet print obvious. Decided to go ahead because we wanted something which was not white and all the grey tiles seem boring. Still no idea how it will turn up as the tilers just started today.

On a side note, my contractor lost his tools and some cement chemical in my flat. Seems like alot of such cases in my area so have decided to get a cctv. Any recommendations?

10857044803_01003f4d82_c.jpg

Hi snowblind

My understanding is that if you choose a light colour on a small sample on the catalogue, the same colour on a large wall will look much darker.

As for CCTVs, there are many options: installed by pro, DIY, models etc. If you don't mind using an IP camera like me, you can consider this setup:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/62505-top-kew-drive/?p=824181

But you will need a power source and internet connection (can be wired or wireless). And of course, if the thief makes away with your IP camera, there is not much more you can do. But you will be able to monitor the site from your smartphone 24 hours a day, even without lights.

Thanks kstoh for ur advice. I went ur setup again. I should have a spare internet port near my hall pointing towards my hall. I might setup an IP camera there. But I need to read abit more on the various options available.

Chose this colour for my hall but was afraid it might make the hall too dark. So last sat I bought a tin and test paint on the wall. Seem abit dark but have decided to risk it.

10857046563_354b765a61_c.jpg

whao, what is this room?