Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks for sharing so many useful information and tips. Just bought a unit at Kew Heights, will be collecting my key next week and my renovation nightmare is going to start soon.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi serene3738

Welcome to the estate! Renovation can be rewarding yet frustrating at the same time. Is yours one of the condo or landed units? I am still new to the estate and not very familiar with the place.

Hi kstoh,

the original WC in HDB BTO toilet flushes pretty weak, any idea by getting a new WC with 2 - 3 ticks by PUB will solve the problem? or needa get specific brand for this...? What do you think? :help:

i changed mine to Macclaire cornelian. Seems good enough.

Hi kstoh, mind sharing your painter contact (the aunties) with me? Tried to PM but your inbox is full. Thanks!

ScreenShot2013-12-10at82901PM_zps740e930

IMG_0951_zps4f50dfef.jpg

Please let her know that you were recommended by Toh from Kew Drive.

Edited by kstoh

For those of you interested in DIY.

BOSCH_eDM_zps9f3bfbc9.png

Most useful would be the impact drill (see my amateur tutorial) and cordless screwdriver (no more blisters putting up the Ikea cupboard).

Hi

I am currently using Mitsubishi Electric. The type in adverts featuring Jack Neo. Good & quiet. Not to be confused with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, a totally different brand.

Now on holiday. Cannot type a lot.

hi Kstoh, where did you buy the clear hanging chair?

thanks, lynn

The Bubble Chair

My latest acquisition, and probably the most interesting, is the Bubble Chair.

IMG_8180_zps3c063a09.jpg bubble5_z_zpsf06702d1.jpg

Designed by Eero Aarnio in 1968 in Finland it is made of acrylic on steel frame and leather or polyurethane fabric cushions. The chair is suspended from above leading to a floating or bubble-like sensation. It is considered an industrial design classic and advanced the usage of plastics in furniture design. The chair is considered modernist or spaceage and is often used to symbolise the 1960s period. I suspended it over level 2 glass balcony, thus heightening the suspended sensation.

The Bubble Chair has been used for all sorts of photoshoots.

Hi eno

You are welcome! Apart from sharing, I also think it is a good idea to document my renovation. I may not remember years from now.