Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 10 August 2013 at 8:48 PM, Ocean321 said:

i just bought eastman queen bed with storage from Living Solution..less than 2k..

should be nice

Hello! Any reviews or comments on Eastman mattresses? Thanks!

On 22 February 2016 at 8:57 PM, ag123 said:

this is a bit late, but i once saw a discarded spring mattress cage (yup just the wires) where there are some protuding flat metal plates (forming an angle vs the horizon), i've no idea what the plates are for e.g. if they are after all some kind of springs. this is rather alarming as you would not expect the protuding plates to be there in a mattress !

i'm out looking for a cheap mattress that is sufficiently decent (not those 'lux' mattresses from big brands etc) but the 'protuding metal plates' rings in the mind

hence i go out looking for moderately cheap and good decent build quality and materials. i've been checking out max coil, various other brands etc, but for those u'd only get to see the finished product (i.e. the nicely wrapped mattress itself) not the metal cage

then i pounced on four star which as it turns out is manufactured in singapore,

44 Kallang Pl, 339172

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Four+Star+Building/@1.3139546,103.8681039,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6e67ddb98f066c08

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Four+Star+Building/@1.3140553,103.8681572,3a,75y,207.87h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sF0YCizeAqoHpIfOoaj8Lhg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6e67ddb98f066c08!6m1!1e1

i visited the factory / building, their sales / admin office is on the 2nd floor

you could see the unfinished products, how they build the mattress cage / springs etc, they have both 'inner spring' (i.e. ordinary) mattress and pocket spring mattress, along with various product lines different 'wrapping materials' etc

i think they are of reasonable quality for a good night sleep and no worries about protuding metal plates etc lol

(bought a mattress direct from them thereafter)

the factory is open for public visit?

got my four star mattress very comfortable, maybe due to new mattress effect (subjective) lol
i got the Four Star 384 Mattress

the number seem to be apparently the spring count, i think just nice for me in terms of medium-firm
higher spring counts could be too frim

those interested in their mattress may like to contact their retailers (many) or check out their web
http://www.fourstar.com.sg/home.html

Edited by ag123

this is a bit late, but i once saw a discarded spring mattress cage (yup just the wires) where there are some protuding flat metal plates (forming an angle vs the horizon), i've no idea what the plates are for e.g. if they are after all some kind of springs. this is rather alarming as you would not expect the protuding plates to be there in a mattress !

i'm out looking for a cheap mattress that is sufficiently decent (not those 'lux' mattresses from big brands etc) but the 'protuding metal plates' rings in the mind

hence i go out looking for moderately cheap and good decent build quality and materials. i've been checking out max coil, various other brands etc, but for those u'd only get to see the finished product (i.e. the nicely wrapped mattress itself) not the metal cage

then i pounced on four star which as it turns out is manufactured in singapore,

44 Kallang Pl, 339172

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Four+Star+Building/@1.3139546,103.8681039,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6e67ddb98f066c08

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Four+Star+Building/@1.3140553,103.8681572,3a,75y,207.87h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sF0YCizeAqoHpIfOoaj8Lhg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6e67ddb98f066c08!6m1!1e1

i visited the factory / building, their sales / admin office is on the 2nd floor

you could see the unfinished products, how they build the mattress cage / springs etc, they have both 'inner spring' (i.e. ordinary) mattress and pocket spring mattress, along with various product lines different 'wrapping materials' etc

i think they are of reasonable quality for a good night sleep and no worries about protuding metal plates etc lol

(bought a mattress direct from them thereafter)

Edited by ag123

Maxcoil is a local brand made in Batam. They use some imported materials to make it look like they are from Europe or USA. Still made in Batam.

thanks! what about magic koil? is a local brand and made in sg correct?

I bought the same one as Slannie. So I'm promoting too? hha, u r kidding me. I know some brands made in China using recycle foam and disgusting me.

Sorry I just heard someone said Goodnite made in china, not confirmed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But I'm quite sure the mattress I bought is imported from Germany as it has the Customs' seal and cert of original production place with date.

The main part of mattress is internal spring and latex, right?I trust the product from Germany.

Also I know another German brand " Napure ", not so good as this one I have.

SCHLARAFFIA China factory details:

Recticel Foams (Shanghai) Co. Ltd

Rm1902-1906, 18 Xin Jin Qiao Road, Ramada Plaza,

Pudong Shanghai, 201206

China

they are under this company and they have a factory in China.

http://www.recticel.be/index.php/company

Hi,

I'm shopping for mattress, but many salespersons have made me rather confused. One of my Korean friend recommended me the mattress brand "Acebed". Could anyone care to share your advice & experience with Acebed?

I got purchase a king size acebed , delivery in nov

Their patented z spring is impressive

Very impressive was their bed frame n side table

Everything 100% made in korea

The quality of their bed frame n side table are very gd, the details, made are top quality

Even has soft closing

Their local GM is the ex tcs actress May Phua

Hi,

I'm shopping for mattress, but many salespersons have made me rather confused. One of my Korean friend recommended me the mattress brand "Acebed". Could anyone care to share your advice & experience with Acebed?

i'm also interested in Acebed.

but seems like they have only a warehouse in Woodlands

no retail partnet yet :(

Very simple explanation.

You bought your Isaiah mattresses from OM, they are direct importers. For the same money it will be better value because you skip one layer of margins.

If you buy a Sealy, the retailer has to make money, the local Sealy office has to make money, the factory in Thailand has to make money.

Seahorse is a good idea, they also import directly so good value for money.

Well, we learned the hard way. Just hope the Seahorse 9SEA can give me good support.

I bought a Sealy Yarrow in 2010, claim warranty in 2012 due to spring noise, they replaced me a mattress, now the mattress sag badly abt 15mm, warranty claim applies to 32mm sag.

I had 3 Isiah mattress which don't have all these problem.

I just ordered a Seahorse.

Very simple explanation.

You bought your Isaiah mattresses from OM, they are direct importers. For the same money it will be better value because you skip one layer of margins.

If you buy a Sealy, the retailer has to make money, the local Sealy office has to make money, the factory in Thailand has to make money.

Seahorse is a good idea, they also import directly so good value for money.

I bought a Sealy Yarrow in 2010, claim warranty in 2012 due to spring noise, they replaced me a mattress, now the mattress sag badly abt 15mm, warranty claim applies to 32mm sag.

I had 3 Isiah mattress which don't have all these problem.

I just ordered a Seahorse.