Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weezersg

How Long Does It Take To Sell Of Your Hdb?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi shorty,

yeah, i am very tempted to go DIY...just not sure wat to do first. :dunno:

Ok, I can share with you . You can pm me yr number or email, when i free I whatsapp u

Hi davidbslee,

how did u go abt selling our house?...

did u use an agent?

i'm gonna sell my house soon...still dunno whether to use agent or DIY.

:dunno:

I did it DIY ...... It seems complicated but all doable. Trust me, if you have time allow you to run those errands, but mostly online....DIY, save those money to buy pampers.

Update...just sold....all in all took 2 months, 7 weeks to be exact.

Perhaps is because my place is at TB only 5 mins from mrt.

Buyer is PR family. But I can tell you guys...the market is really cooling down....the 3 year wait for PR really reduce the pool of buyer. With many BTOs being launch, locals have a choice now if they can wait.

No madness, buyer trying to outbid one another.

But I managed to sell at reasonable price, thanks to high valuation, rather than high COV.

congratulations...I guess prime area still attract buyers.

Update...just sold....all in all took 2 months, 7 weeks to be exact.

Perhaps is because my place is at TB only 5 mins from mrt.

Buyer is PR family. But I can tell you guys...the market is really cooling down....the 3 year wait for PR really reduce the pool of buyer. With many BTOs being launch, locals have a choice now if they can wait.

No madness, buyer trying to outbid one another.

But I managed to sell at reasonable price, thanks to high valuation, rather than high COV.

I will advise you that dun fix to a agent when selling. Give to as many agent as possible inorder to sell fast. I make this mistake when selling mine.

Hi davidbslee,

how did u go abt selling our house?...

did u use an agent?

i'm gonna sell my house soon...still dunno whether to use agent or DIY.

:dunno:

as you are buying a resale HDB.

If by the time of 2nd appointment on your resale HDB (you are buyer), you had not sell away your existing HDB(you are seller).

The transaction will stop.

I'm not too sure, will it consider void or not. You need to check with HDB

sell away existing HDB mean 2nd appointment completion for this current HDB. Not submission of OTP or signing OTP.

I'm not too sure where you get that information that you had 6mth to sell away your current HDB.

And take note, if you didn't complete the buying of the resale HDB.

That resale HDB owner has the right to sue you for breaking the contract.

And your home loan, you will need to pay penalty for breaking the bank loan.

Then you still need to pay lawyer.

Basically if you didn't complete the buying of resale HDB, you need to pay ALOT of MONEY

You are racing against the time.

Good luck

You have the wrong info. For the benefit of people buying a resale before selling their HDB, I have enquire directly from HDB.

You have 6 months to sell your HDB from the time of the completion of the 2nd appointment (legal completion) of buying.

Meaning if you start trying to sell after buying, you might have a theoretical 8-9 months.

Also you can appeal to HDB if you fail to sell in the six months time period, of course I guess must have good reason.

I have already submitted the OTP for the puchase of a resale HDB. I understand I have 6 months to sell off my current HDB flat.

If any of you have sold off your HDB, can share how long it took? Can include HDB type and location details?

Also what if I am unable to sell off in the 6 months period?

What will happen?

as you are buying a resale HDB.

If by the time of 2nd appointment on your resale HDB (you are buyer), you had not sell away your existing HDB(you are seller).

The transaction will stop.

I'm not too sure, will it consider void or not. You need to check with HDB

sell away existing HDB mean 2nd appointment completion for this current HDB. Not submission of OTP or signing OTP.

I'm not too sure where you get that information that you had 6mth to sell away your current HDB.

And take note, if you didn't complete the buying of the resale HDB.

That resale HDB owner has the right to sue you for breaking the contract.

And your home loan, you will need to pay penalty for breaking the bank loan.

Then you still need to pay lawyer.

Basically if you didn't complete the buying of resale HDB, you need to pay ALOT of MONEY

You are racing against the time.

Good luck

I have already submitted the OTP for the puchase of a resale HDB. I understand I have 6 months to sell off my current HDB flat.

If any of you have sold off your HDB, can share how long it took? Can include HDB type and location details?

Also what if I am unable to sell off in the 6 months period?

What will happen?

• Like 2