Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Hi alfredt,

Mine are indeed coloured PVC and the code is indeed PVC EC 5279. I love its rich woody tone. I have chosen to use this internal PVC for all my carpentry. It looks good even as a big piece.

decorative sheets are really coloured PVC used for carcass of cabinets as contrasted to laminates typically used on exposed panels.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Harriette

I see you are using a lot of IKEA stuff. I use a lot of IKEA stiff too but the quality varies.

My Billy bookcases lasted me more than 10 years. But my Besta bookcases collapsed in 7 mths. There is a problem with the design.

Hi kstoh,

I'm using alot of ikea's stuff in my EM. The biggest risk is the Ikea kitchen.

As for Ikea Pax wardrobes and Billy bookcases, I have quite a number in my current 5-room flat. Back then, I had opted for ikea due to tight budget. I have used them for 6 years and they are still doing well. Hence for my new EM, I have opted for ikea's wardrobes and Billy bookcases in 3 bedrooms.

I have not used Besta before. Jay (my ID) has a wall of Besta shelves in his house and he has no problem with them. Jay actually attempted to design a TV console using Besta cabinets for me, but it didn't work.

Harriette

I see you are using a lot of IKEA stuff. I use a lot of IKEA stiff too but the quality varies.

My Billy bookcases lasted me more than 10 years. But my Besta bookcases collapsed in 7 mths. There is a problem with the design.

More MBR carpentry is up!

Here's my TV console, shelves (under the window recessed area) and study table. I have positoned the study table to face the pond. I will only be able to see the sky though when I sit at the study desk.

In the TV console, louvre doors are used for the compartments housing IT equipment such as DVD player.

I love how the carpentry laminate matches the parquet floor. Jay (my ID) really has very good colour sense.

13532211895_c27a565b4a.jpg
image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13532217115_a6d46ef430.jpg

13532220325_527b5b121f.jpg

The MBR wardrobe is done.

13532544094_c858ae3fae.jpg

Edited by Harriette

• Like 1

Living room TV console

Doors are being fitted onto the living room TV console. All the space in the TV console are accessible and usable. This will provide alot of storage for me.

13532348633_d44913a7a9.jpg

M1 has installed the ONT. We have signed up for its fibre broadband package during the IT show in end Feb 14.

13532510464_ee7190286e.jpg

13532511164_9993fb50f1.jpg

Louvre door will be fitted on the TV console where the IT equipment are housed. I have similar louvre doors in my MBR TV console.

I bought a Legrand wireless doorbell, for $25. The shopkeeper told me that they supply this LeGrand doorbell to Home Fix who then sells it for $30+.

What I like about this doorbell is that the "speaker" can be plugged into a power socket. I will not need to change battery.

13487433123_f0ed1e318d.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a Legrand wireless doorbell, for $25. The shopkeeper told me that they supply this LeGrand doorbell to Home Fix who then sells it for $30+.

What I like about this doorbell is that the "speaker" can be plugged into a power socket. I will not need to change battery.

13487433123_f0ed1e318d.jpg

Hi, please pm me where to get this door bell, many thanks!

Hi darthmax,

I bought it at Jun Ho Electric Pte Ltd:

Block 5069 Ang Mo Kio
Industrial Park 2
#01-1543/1545
Singapore 569572

Tel: 6483 2040

Actually, you can also contact any of the distributors in LeGrand's website : http://www.legrand.com.sg/special-pages/misc/where-to-buy/singapore/

As not every distributor carry the same items, you might want to call them to check before you go.

Hi, please pm me where to get this door bell, many thanks!

The carpentry seems good.

Some ideas of extra storage is also very well thought. :good:

Thanks, Songz. The carpentry looks good. I have no chance to inspect closely yet, as some workers are doing works whenever I visit.

Edited by Harriette

Living room TV console is done!

In the 4 compartments covered by the louvre doors, space is provided at the back. This enables me to connect any electronic devices in the 4 compartments to the TV (as long as the wire is long enough). Each compartment has 1 or 2 twin gangs. In total, I have 6 twin gangs (12 power points) in the 4 compartments.

13570844964_7e11d514f1.jpg

13570856424_8bf40d0f1b.jpg

13686518705_812bb659e5.jpg
TV console by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

The TV console laminate matches the kitchen wall tiles nicely.

13570554403_8fbaafe82a.jpg

The TV console size is ok. We were originally worried that the TV console might be too bulky and takes up too much limited living room space. While we wanted lots of storage, we also desired a spacious living room. I think we have achieved it.

Praising the carpenter

Jay (my ID) came up with the original design for the TV console and all other carpentry. While implementing the design, the carpenter (Mr Yeak's brother) was able to improve on Jay's original design by making all the space in the TV console easily accessible. All the space behind the TV can be accessed easily from the side.

In Jay's original design, half the space behind the TV was not easily accessible.

12120635475_cd3a0802ae.jpg
revised TV console section by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

I feel that the carpenter gave alot of thought when executing the design. He value-added much.

Edited by Harriette