Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

When I was a newly wed renovating my 5rm several years ago, I didn't do any babycare facilities such as the milk station and hooks for sarong cradle (see photo below). So when my daughter came along, we have to make do with changing the baby on the bed or study table. We bought a standalone frame for sarong cradle.

It is common for most newlyweds not to allocate budget for babycare. Afterall, newlyweds have tight budget coz there's wedding, honeymoon, new house and reno expenses to take care of.

Well, try to ensure you have no sharp edges in the house. All edges should be rounded.

Our sarong cradle hook

One hook is provided in each bedroom

12860473624_98cfaca1ca.jpg
square hole with round peg by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

Sarong cradle frame (bought from kiddy palace)

12860474834_b77473546c.jpg
frame for sarong cradle (1) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

12860474734_59c33174fd.jpg
frame for sarong cradle (2) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

Most contractors will give you the sarong cradle hook free. Installation charge is probably part of the "install accessories" quote. Some contractors quote $10 or $20 for the sarong cradle hook.

The frame from Kiddy Palace is alot more expensive. I don't remember the cost though I think it is more than $100.

Edited by Harriette

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your house looks almost completed. When are you shifting in ?

Hi alfredt,

we are targeting to move in mid-Apr. Still waiting for Ikea sub-contractor to install solid surface, installation of shower and taps and curtains. Almost there!

• Like 1

harriette, since you have a space allocated. You can consider Babywell - milk making machine. Had for 2 girls and it was so much easier when attending for night feeds.

woah, the toa payoh shop has so many clocks, and the price seem to be cheaper than elsewhere. Hoseiki is a good japanese brand, has been around for many years.

Wall clocks are up

I bought 4 wall clocks of the same design. It is a simple black rimmed, white-face clock with black numbers. Its brand is Hoseiki, which I have not heard of and costs $19 each.

13638698933_3eff20389d.jpg
image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13638672845_aba3de8e8c.jpg

13639021274_af32d7d4fb.jpg

13639024494_df836030f2.jpg

Where I bought

I bought the clocks at a tiny shop at Toa Payoh Central. This shop also sells a wide range of Seiko, Rhythm and Casio wall clocks for about $25 to $35.

13655348033_2a61298f1a.jpg

woah, the toa payoh shop has so many clocks, and the price seem to be cheaper than elsewhere. Hoseiki is a good japanese brand, has been around for many years.

Hi Claypot,

Thanks for your comment. I have not heard of Hoseiki. I just thought that $19 per clock is an ok price and the clock is completely silent. Quality of the clock seems good too. It feels kind of "solid".

Toilet vanity

The mirror cabinet doors are designed to be longer than the internal wood cabinet. Toothbrush holders and other things can be mounted on the wall and will be hidden by the closed mirror doors.

13686543373_b5c7fe926d.jpg
mbr vanity 1 by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13686852094_99f6d09aee.jpg
mbr vanity (2) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

I came up with the initial idea. Jay (my ID) did up the carpentry drawing and dimension.

harriette, since you have a space allocated. You can consider Babywell - milk making machine. Had for 2 girls and it was so much easier when attending for night feeds.

Hi,

thanks for the recommendation. Will keep that in mind.

Toilet vanity

The mirror cabinet doors are designed to be longer than the internal wood cabinet. Toothbrush holders and other things can be mounted on the wall and will be hidden by the closed mirror doors.

13686543373_b5c7fe926d.jpg

mbr vanity 1 by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13686852094_99f6d09aee.jpg

mbr vanity (2) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

I came up with the initial idea. Jay (my ID) did up the carpentry drawing and dimension.

ingenius idea. the only qualm is... the toothbrush should be taller than the allocated space? unless its horizontally placed ba..

Hi Takaishi,

My contractor said the toothbrush will stick out slightly. Should be ok, I think.

ingenius idea. the only qualm is... the toothbrush should be taller than the allocated space? unless its horizontally placed ba..

Wah....mr yeak is good!

My wire management box in my study table

This is my study desk. The wire sticking out will connect my laptop to the datapoint in the adjacent TV console. The gap where the wire stick out has the black hairy thing.

13638713203_4e8f3f5225.jpg

13639034254_b6e2ca52d4.jpg

13638697035_922384e5cc.jpg

Actually, I only requested for a hole so that I can connect my laptop to the datapoint. Mr Yeak took the initiative to do the wire thing coz it is nicer.

Hi brother are Mr. Yeak the one who do all the 2 toilets titles and do the wardrobes and cabinet for you may I know how many Watts is your hall led downright how much you purchase and where you get it care to share with me thank.

Edited by tarzanboy

Hi Tarzanboy,

Yes, Mr Yeak did the tiling, wardrobes and cabinets. Mr Yeak did all the works in my house, except the Ikea kitchen and aircon installation.

I'm using 9w LED downlights, from Philips. You can check the price with any Philips's authorised dealers. I bought mine from e-Warehouse, which is located at Orion Building, #01-08, 160 Paya Lebar Road, S409022. Tel: 6743 6428.

the umbrella compartment is an interesting idea . how do you keep the umbrella from falling over ? are there hangers in the compartment ?

Here is the shoe cabinet. We have opted for it to be half-height so as to make the EM more open and breezy. The tall vertical compartments are meant for umbrellas.

13467643245_3dd734ffa8.jpg