Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Hi alfredt,

For the aircon, I am using two Mitsubishi system 3 inverter as follows:

• Downstairs (living, kitchen and helper's room): MXY-3A28VA/MSY-GE10 +MSY-GE18 + MSY-GE26
  • Upstairs (3 bedrooms): MXY-3A28VA/MSY-GE10 x 2 and MSY-GE13

Both systems are 30,000 BTU.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Harriette,

as requested, see below on the concrete support with carpentry.

constructing concrete base

IMG-20140319-WA0004.jpg

finishing with work-top and carpentry

IMG-20140319-WA0000.jpg

view from outside.

IMG-20140319-WA0001.jpg

Toilet shelves

Mr Yeak has built 2 rectangular shelves with rounded corners, in my toilet. These shelves are made of marble. We prefer granite, but there is no granite colour that matches my toilet tiles.

13031831503_c29415d131.jpg

13031691915_3d052af340.jpg
The inspiration of doing such shelves came from various T-blogs, such as this:

The inspiration of doing rectangular shelves came from the Panorama showflat. This is a new condo in Ang Mo Kio. I visited the showflat and noticed that they did the shelves using solid surface.

this is a really good idea :good: will request to use the solid surface from my vanity cabinet to be used as the shelves too. keeps with the colour scheme!

Wah! So clever!

Harriette,

as requested, see below on the concrete support with carpentry.

constructing concrete base

IMG-20140319-WA0004.jpg

finishing with work-top and carpentry

IMG-20140319-WA0000.jpg

view from outside.

IMG-20140319-WA0001.jpg

Hi guojiawen,

That sounds good. The solid surface shelf should be more durable than buying stainless steel fittings which might rust. And probably cheaper.

this is a really good idea :good: will request to use the solid surface from my vanity cabinet to be used as the shelves too. keeps with the colour scheme!

• Like 2

Carpentry works

Previously, the ikea kitchen cabinets were up. Here's a re-cap:

13031761703_87f6803ce2.jpg

Now the TV console is up. An extension from the TV console wraps around the adjacent kitchen cabinet.

13467634535_77537a921a.jpg

The extension is a partition wall which will hold powerpoints for the kitchen side. Here is the view from the kitchen. The empty space is meant for the dishwasher.

13467744453_966f67cdac.jpg

Here is the view from the front door:

13467742393_66ed7b42ce.jpg

Edited by Harriette

Carpentry works

2 big pieces of wood were added to the sides of the island:

13468678915_baedb0e28a.jpg

To re-cap, we hope to achieve an island which looks like this:

13031687445_bf4bcab0f3.jpg

We can now get the Ikea's solid surface sub-contractor to come and install the solid surface for the kitchen.

Here is the shoe cabinet. We have opted for it to be half-height so as to make the EM more open and breezy. The tall vertical compartments are meant for umbrellas.

13467643245_3dd734ffa8.jpg

Here is the view of the shoe cabinet from the kitchen:

13469032274_0cb396a8a5.jpg

The space beneath the shoe cabinet is meant to hold the irobot roomba (or other brand). This is the idea:

12583002383_b26e65ef1d.jpg

Edited by Harriette

Carpentry works

This is the upstairs foyer. I love how the carpentry laminate matches the toilet wall tiles, as well as how the black railing matches the black doorframe. This is Jay's credit.

13467757513_2b93544500.jpg

This is a pantry where we will make milk. We would not want to go downstairs to make milk in the wee wee hours. The big empty space at the bottom is meant for a bar fridge. I had bought the bar fridge to store my breast milk when I was breastfeeding. Similar to the shoe cabinet design, there is space to hold the irobot roomba beneath the cabinet.

13468789363_62280d584e.jpg

Here is a look at the internal of the bookcase:

13468006674_023eb85050.jpg

To maximise storage, we even have cabinets along the staircase:

13467753453_a3b3aa1176.jpg

Edited by Harriette

Carpentry works

This is my MBR wardrobe.

13467661045_1b42b85e85.jpg

The wardrobe frames is built according to the size of IKEA Pax frame (50cm wide) so that we can use IKEA wire baskets and clothes bar.

To save money, we are only doing built-in carpentry for the MBR. The other 3 bedrooms will have IKEA wardrobes and bookcases. We are also not very certain about how we will use the other 3 rooms, so it is better not to have fixed built-in furniture.

Edited by Harriette

Carpentry works

This is my MBR wardrobe.

13467661045_1b42b85e85.jpg

The wardrobe frames is built according to the size of IKEA Pax frame (50cm wide) so that we can use IKEA wire baskets and clothes bar.

To save money, we are only doing built-in carpentry for the MBR. The other 3 bedrooms will have IKEA wardrobes and bookcases. We are also not very certain about how we will use the other 3 rooms, so it is better not to have fixed built-in furniture.

Nice ! i like the internal of the carpentry. are these decorative sheets or laminates ?

i am also selecting deco sheets and yours looks like ECAM PVC EC 5279 (but then I could be totally off) :dunno:

Nice ! i like the internal of the carpentry. are these decorative sheets or laminates ?

i am also selecting deco sheets and yours looks like ECAM PVC EC 5279 (but then I could be totally off) :dunno:

i also think the ikea parts should be more reliable .. thinking of doing the same, having a frame ..

Hi alfredt,

I'm using internal laminates. What is a deco sheet?

Hi coweye,

I feel that ikea wardrobe interiors are better than what typical carpenters provide. Replacement parts can also be bought easily.

i also think the ikea parts should be more reliable .. thinking of doing the same, having a frame ..

Hi alfredt,

I'm using internal laminates. What is a deco sheet?

decorative sheets are really coloured PVC used for carcass of cabinets as contrasted to laminates typically used on exposed panels.