Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Harriette,

Please PM me Jay and Mr Yeak contact details and their rate. Thank U! I really envy EM owner, I already starting to regret getting my 90sqm one.

Hi kstoh,

Thanks for your advice. I would appreciate it greatly if you could email me your close-up shots. I will PM you my email address.

Afternote: Oops, your mailbox is full.

Hi Harriette

I had been thinking about your PVC edges and wondering if I should say something, since it has already been done. Anyway, If the area involved is small, why don't you offer to buy a few more tiles and ask the contractor to redo. He contribute some labour, you contribute some tiles.

I went to check my kitchen, where all the walls and floors are using wood tiles, and they were all joined without any PVC edging. You can see them in the pictures in my blog. I also took some close up shots if you want. I am not sure why in your case the PVC edging was required. My tiles were homogeneous tiles where the inside was similar in colour to the surface. Are yours the same? The other possibility is that in my case, all the joints were edges only i.e. one tile join to the other at 90 degrees. In your case, I see a corner where three tiles meet. Maybe that is the problem?

I also checked my joints. They are not sharp because the edge is bevelled.

Edited by Harriette

PM-ed all.

Can pm me the design fee as well?

Can you kindly PM me Jay's & Mr Teak contact and pricing ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Harriette,

Please PM me Jay and Mr Yeak contact details and their rate. Thank U! I really envy EM owner, I already starting to regret getting my 90sqm one.

Hello Hariette,

Your reno looks good.

Could you please PM the contact for your ID and contractor. And also the design fee.

TIA

Revised TV console design

Earlier, I wrote about my intention to hold various electronic devices in the TV console and received good advice from some forum-ers regarding the heat built-up. I have asked Jay to design louvred doors for these areas instead. Here is his revised design:

12120490835_ab039b08c7.jpg

As indicated in red in the drawing below, the Termination Point (TP) will be sited within the TV wall.

12120635475_cd3a0802ae.jpg
Opennet will be here next week to install the TP. Thereafter, the TV wall will be built around it.
Another way to do this is to build the carpentry first and provide a conduit with drawstring. The Opennet people will then use the drawstring to pull the opennet cable into the desired TP location. This method is riskier, coz they might encounter difficulties pulling the cable, especially around bends.
Note that the space behind the TV is accessible. I believe that this will be useful. I wonder whether the accessible space can be bigger.
Edited by Harriette

We have opted to aircon the entire house. We will have two Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 - one for downstairs and one for upstairs.

Over the past week, aircon trunkings/pipes were done.

Location of aircon compressors

We have asked HDB for approval to mount both aircon compressors on the flat exterior. My block has a combination of Exec Apartments and Exec Maisonettes. The EA owners are allowed to mount both aircon compressors on the flat exterior. We read in the forum that for such blocks, the same approval could also be extended to EM owners. We therefore tried, and approval was granted. I don't know exactly why approval was granted though.

Both compressors will be mounted on the exterior of my master bedroom.

Here is where one compressor will be mounted. The other compressor will be mounted on the wall perpendicular to this compressor.

12153571295_08a30476df.jpg
Aircon piping works
Huge amount of trunking/pipings were laid.
Edited by Harriette

Aircon piping works (continued)

Lots of trunkings/pipings are laid upstairs too.

Master bedroom:

12153570265_6ede0222c5.jpg
12154036143_76e0c1e3c4.jpg
Upstairs foyer
12153829183_d492d5028d.jpg
Bedroom 2
12153571005_3d89a5aaa7.jpg
Bedroom 3

Our aircon vendor

We did not get Mr Yeak to install the aircon for us, coz we wanted to be sure that our aircon is installed by a good aircon vendor. After much research in renotalk, we shortlisted Aircon Designs, Coolserve and Coolforce. These vendors had received positive comments from renotalkers. All 3 vendors were asked to quote for 2 Starmex inverter system 3.

Eventually, we chose Aircon Designs because they seem professional and experienced. Their price was also the lowest.

Normally, EM owners will mount 1 compressor in the service yard and 1 on the flat exterior, or both compressors in the yard. As we wanted to mount both aircon compressors on the flat exterior, we need HDB's approval. Aircon Designs was the only vendor who agreed to submit the form on our behalf. They had to go down to the HDB Branch office in person, as there is no electronic submission form for this. Both Coolserve and Coolforce were unwilling to submit the form for us, although they readily agreed to do up the required technical drawings for the submission.

As both compressors are mounted outside my master bedroom, I wanted to be sure that they are not loud. Only CoolForce was able to answer me on the decibels of the compressor - 48dB (with 3 units operating). The other 2 vendors did not know.

Edited by Harriette

Hi Harriette, could you PM me Mr Yeak's and William's contact please? Thank you in advance. Btw, great choice on the double-glazed window! Would look forward to doing the same and enjoying the quietness :)