Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Mr Yeak (my contractor) told me that he still needs maybe 2 more weeks to do the following:

1. finish the carpentry

2. do electrical works that are concealed in the carpentry

3. install grilles in the balcony and yard

4. lacquer the wood top for the staircase railing

5. install sinks, taps and showers in all 3 toilets

6. wait for ikea to install solid surface and sinks in the kitchen and then install taps

7. touch up painting

8. paint main door

9. do final round of cleaning

Meanwhile, I have already ordered curtains. They should be installed in 2 weeks' time.

I'm so eager to move in!

Edited by Harriette

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Love following your blog! I am waiting for mine to come through but doubt I will be able to afford so much carpentry so mine will be a one super budget renovation.

What about your balcony?

wow ! the results are looking very nice indeed. I am sure you cannot wait to shift in and enjoy :good:

love your TV cabinet. one question, if say (touch wood) you drop a cable into the round hole, is there a way for your to recover it ? :dunno:

Living room TV console is done!

In the 4 compartments covered by the louvre doors, space is provided at the back. This enables me to connect any electronic devices in the 4 compartments to the TV (as long as the wire is long enough). Each compartment has 1 or 2 twin gangs. In total, I have 6 twin gangs (12 power points) in the 4 compartments.

13570844964_7e11d514f1.jpg
image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13570856424_8bf40d0f1b.jpg

The TV console laminate matches the kitchen wall tiles nicely.

Love following your blog! I am waiting for mine to come through but doubt I will be able to afford so much carpentry so mine will be a one super budget renovation.

What about your balcony?

Hi kissgurami,

for balcony, we are using wood tiles for one wall and floor. Here are some pics:

12860475644_c9e43d5d90.jpg

balcony (2) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

12860475874_0911da9de7.jpg

balcony (1) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13573607423_25d2598304.jpg

13573936544_479acc059a.jpg

We are using water resistant ceiling lights in the balcony.

13573614983_b560c2f567.jpg

wow ! the results are looking very nice indeed. I am sure you cannot wait to shift in and enjoy :good:

love your TV cabinet. one question, if say (touch wood) you drop a cable into the round hole, is there a way for your to recover it ? :dunno:

Hi alfredt,

the carpenter has provided a slope/slide below the round hole. If any cable drop into the round hole, it will slide down. Mr Yeak was very proud of this innovation and happily showed me. Unfortunately, I was too busy to take a photo that day.

What about your balcony?

We are getting Ikea wardrobes and bookcases for 3 bedrooms instead of carpentry, to save $.

Edited by Harriette

Hi,

These are actually normal tiles which look like wood. So they are water resistant and easy to maintain.

Grilles for the balcony are not up yet. Should be up this week.

No grilles for the Balcony for child proofing and would the wood flooring be water resistant?

Nice balcony view :good:

Hi,

The water resistant light are Philips LED ceiling lights, 12w, $120 each. I bought it from Philips lighting showroom at Toa Payoh. Model number is 30807.

It is 1 entire piece, very slim and very light.

For the water resistant ceiling lights, what brand, wattage and how much did you purchase it ?

Hi kissgurami,

for balcony, we are using wood tiles for one wall and floor. Here are some pics:

12860475644_c9e43d5d90.jpg

balcony (2) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

12860475874_0911da9de7.jpg

balcony (1) by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13573607423_25d2598304.jpg

13573936544_479acc059a.jpg

We are using water resistant ceiling lights in the balcony.

13573614983_b560c2f567.jpg

Very nice balcony with good open view. I like the balcony is open on one side instead of the enclosed type. :good:

Very nice balcony with good open view. I like the balcony is open on one side instead of the enclosed type. :good:

Yup the L balcony gives it a very condo feel and the glass railing wall completes the look. :thumbs up:

Wah ! I understand now, the slope will slide any loose items into the top compartment. your contractor is very clever. :good:

Hi alfredt,

the carpenter has provided a slope/slide below the round hole. If any cable drop into the round hole, it will slide down. Mr Yeak was very proud of this innovation and happily showed me. Unfortunately, I was too busy to take a photo that day.