Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Mavicaste. . How long have u been waiting?

Hi juxstapose, the BTO was launched in April 2010 with 2 projects to choose from in Punggol. The other project, Punggol Waves started key collection in May 2013 and all residents should have moved in by now. For Punggol Emerald, the key collection started in September 2013 for a couple of blocks and then kind of stalled for a while. With a total of 9 blocks in the project and my block being the 7th, there are still 2 more blocks and the last one looks like it is going to take quite a while more.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sorry to hear about the delay in getting your flat! The most frustrating period is when you're almost there and you can smell it but something comes in to throw it off its course. I know how you feel cos we also experienced some delay in the completion of our flat. Hang in there, it will all be worth it :)

In other news, TOP for the block has been approved, just 2 days after the HS commissioning. Keys can now be expected within the next 3 to 4 weeks. :sport-smiley-004:

congrats ! :sport-smiley-018:

sorry to hear about the delay in getting your flat! The most frustrating period is when you're almost there and you can smell it but something comes in to throw it off its course. I know how you feel cos we also experienced some delay in the completion of our flat. Hang in there, it will all be worth it :)

Actually we have been quite cool with the delays as we have been monitoring the construction closely from Day 1. As a result, with a very late the start in the actual building phase due to delays in foundation works, we were already mentally prepared for a long wait. It wasn't like we were hoping to collect the keys within a 3 to 3.5 years time frame as we were holding our wedding during that time and it would have put a major strain on our finances had that happened.

In fact, we have been the relatively positive ones in our BTO's Facebook group, often encouraging our future neighbours and asking them to hang in there as you are doing now. We are lucky in the sense that both our parents' homes are just across the TPE in Sengkang and we have the luxury of staying with my in-laws and using my own room for storage until our own home is ready. Some of the other neighbours aren't so lucky as they are renting or bunking in with someone and the repeated delays isn't helping at all. We really feel for the last 2 blocks after us as it looks like it will stretch into April or even May. :jawdrop:

If such a long completion time had resulted in quality workmanship, most of us would have been fine with it but we all know that HDB, or in this case the main contractor, and quality does not go hand in hand. The major flooding of the carpark and failed inspections were what eroded my patience, especially when the affected block is ours. Of course not happy lah! Haha!

congrats ! :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks, can't wait to get the renovation works started!

We haven't been to Francfranc for a while and specially made a trip there as they were having a sale.

I have been eyeing this walnut finish dining table from months ago but didn't felt that it commanded a $1000 price tag. Now, even with the sale, the asking price is still at $850. :~

FrancfrancWalnutDiningTable.jpg

Anyway, most of the crockery were going at 30% to 70% off and the wife picked out $200 worth of them. And so the hoarding continues...

FrancfrancCrockery.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

Hi Mavicaste, you have some good insider news. From some of my connections, mine used to be the 1st few blocks targeted to be completed. And dun know why, it became the last block. Fortunately, my latest news is that they brought forward my block to the the 2nd last.

HDB should not have pushed forward the PCD date from 2nd Quarter 2014 to 4th Quarter 2013 if they are not confident. I had planned for my house renovation & baby making based on the last Quarter. Now, my baby & my renovation will be together due to the delay, Stress! HDB should let me know early & not until 20th dec, they sent me a letter saying they are postponing it to end of March.

From my insider news, my block was targeted to be handover to HDB in Dec. Then I double check again in early Dec, they postpone to by end of Jan. I check again in early Jan, they postpone again to Feb. I hope that they will not change again. Then, I should be expecting to receive my keys in March.

The contractors' workmanship n progress are lousy! Look at the exterior works of the completed blocks, haiz... No movement at all for the roof garden. I believe that China Contractor last minute can get many additional workers to finish up the project, but I am wrong. I check my block weekly but left with disappointment. Progress is very slow.

Hi Mavicaste, you have some good insider news. From some of my connections, mine used to be the 1st few blocks targeted to be completed. And dun know why, it became the last block. Fortunately, my latest news is that they brought forward my block to the the 2nd last.

HDB should not have pushed forward the PCD date from 2nd Quarter 2014 to 4th Quarter 2013 if they are not confident. I had planned for my house renovation & baby making based on the last Quarter. Now, my baby & my renovation will be together due to the delay, Stress! HDB should let me know early & not until 20th dec, they sent me a letter saying they are postponing it to end of March.

From my insider news, my block was targeted to be handover to HDB in Dec. Then I double check again in early Dec, they postpone to by end of Jan. I check again in early Jan, they postpone again to Feb. I hope that they will not change again. Then, I should be expecting to receive my keys in March.

The contractors' workmanship n progress are lousy! Look at the exterior works of the completed blocks, haiz... No movement at all for the roof garden. I believe that China Contractor last minute can get many additional workers to finish up the project, but I am wrong. I check my block weekly but left with disappointment. Progress is very slow.

Hi AwesomeMan,

I assume you are from 264A since it has been looking like the last block to be completed for quite a while. I have not visited the site since 5 January when I went up into my own unit.

I believe the PCD is based on information provided by the contractor to HDB but the fault lies with HDB waiting till the third week of December to inform us of the delay when it was already obvious in Q1 that they won't be able to deliver.

Having the arrival of your baby together with your renovation is really going to push you close to the limits. Be sure to engage whatever logistical help you can get. I will be more than glad to share information and tips in areas that I can.

Btw, are you in either or both of the Facebook groups?

I am not in the Facebook group. Ideally, house comes, renovation finishes, then baby comes...

Now I just hope that I can move all my stuffs into my 2 bedrooms after the electrical & painting works, BEFORE my baby's arrival.

I am not in the Facebook group. Ideally, house comes, renovation finishes, then baby comes...

Now I just hope that I can move all my stuffs into my 2 bedrooms after the electrical & painting works, BEFORE my baby's arrival.

Hmm, when is your baby due?

Do consider joining the Facebook groups as we share plenty of updates, contacts, deals and information between us.

Its finally here! :sport-smiley-018:

We have to give credit this time to HDB for expediting the key collection process for the block after all the delays encountered during construction.

266BKeyCollection.jpg

Thanks for sharing information on your furniture shopping :) The husband and I also like simple, retro designs and now I know where else to look other than the big names like Scanteak and Barang Barang.

Hi! I'm one half of this home, thought I'd contribute with my side of this home planning. Here's a quick review of some of the furniture places we've visited.

Personally I like one-off furniture a lot, things that have a little bit of story in them. I'm always on the look out for such shops especially if they come at reasonable prices! :good:

Noden Collective
They’ve got beautiful vintage furniture. A coffee table caught my eye but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be, it was sold when we went there. The pieces are mostly one off, and we were told that they source their furniture from Europe.
The staff are very friendly and unobtrusive, they let us roam around and will come to tell us a bit about the furniture when we asked.
Their prices varies, I think it depends on how rare or which designer the furniture are from.
Will continue stalking their website to see if they’ve got stuff we’d like. :notti:

Like That One
I’ve been stalking their flickr account for like the longest time! Was really excited to finally make the trip down to check out the place (it’s at Bukit Batok, for us staying at Sengkang it’s really far). And of cos very proud owner of a shelving unit. Will continue stalking their site, will purchase more stuff when we move in since we don’t have much storage space. Do check out their flickr account or website for what they’re all about.

Galanga Living
Was pleasantly surprised my office is just right across from this shop and got the chance to check it out a couple of times during my lunch hours. They have a lot of industrial furnishings and we fell in love with a bench. Hopefully it’ll still be there by February! Foresee we’d be making more purchases here.

Things Your Mother Throw
Checked this place out but didn’t stay for long. I think they have mostly local vintage furniture, the place was really small and cramped so it wasn’t really comfortable. But I think they’re expanding or something, check out their Facebook page. If you’re looking to get some vintage furniture, this could be one good place to start.

Scanteak
We bought a bed, chest of drawers and a laundry storage box just so that we could make it to $2,500 for free delivery! They also allowed us to put off the delivery dates. So far we’ve had really good experience shopping here, the staff are very attentive and friendly. For me I think we have enough of Scanteak furniture, I don’t want my home to turn into a showroom for the brand.

We also went to Tan Boon Liat Building, thanks to a blogger who did an unofficial furniture listing for the building

Journey East #03-02
They’ve got a huge and nice showroom, quite good selection of industrial furniture. But their prices were out of our budget and we didn’t really like anything we saw. I think I only liked the artwork they carry.

Mountain Teak #07-02
They have really nice furniture with simple and clean finish. But the price is so out of our budget, besides we got most if not all of our teak furniture from Scanteak.

The Shophouse #07-03
It was the first shop we stepped into. I’m not quite sure how to describe their style, I think like a bit mid-century, a bit modern, a bit ‘60s-ish and a bit retro. But we did liked a bedside table they had and their staff was really friendly. Most of their stuff like their sofas, coffee tables are out of our budget but it’s not that overly expensive. Will probably check out their accessories they have at their Tanglin Mall branch.

More to come as we check out more places! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing information on your furniture shopping :) The husband and I also like simple, retro designs and now I know where else to look other than the big names like Scanteak and Barang Barang.

Most welcome! We checked out Barang Barang couple of weeks back, personally didn't like anything there. You may like to check out Lorgan's Furniture (https://www.facebook.com/lorgans). We haven't though but from their Facebook pictures they have pretty interesting stuff.

• Like 1

Congratulation Mavicaste ! Now is where the excitement really comes.

My baby is coming about mid-April.

I have clicked on the "Join Group" for the discussion group liao. Waiting for authoritzation.

Congratulation Mavicaste ! Now is where the excitement really comes.

My baby is coming about mid-April.

I have clicked on the "Join Group" for the discussion group liao. Waiting for authoritzation.

The community spirit is pretty good in these BTO Facebook groups.

You need not even religiously check the BCA or My HDBPage status daily as our neighbours will share status updates very promptly. :good: