3egv.png

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Switches (legrand mallia)
matt black plate with dark silver rocker to match the grey wall of the mbr
2l3c.png
all others - dark silver plate with silver rocker
t9p3.png
uym7.png
The relite petite fan comes with a 3 speed regulator. However legrand mallia only has a 5 speed regulator. When I was buying the fan regulator, I checked with the salesperson at choo chiang if it can be used for the fan and he joked that it will make the fan go faster! lol.
So before installation, I was thinking maybe 2 of the speeds cannot be used. i.e. can only turn to max speed 3. But in the end, speeds 1 - 5 all worked but speed 1 was really slow and I don't think its the standard speed 1. But so far all has been well!

Edited by klimoo

Lights (from taobao)

kitchen (doorway)

qgty.png
mbr (bedside)

mrq4.png
corridor

iyfq.png
living room (above platform)

cyxj.png
living room (track lights)

6jvf.png
living room (above sofa)

q1j7.png
Some lights from tb are really good buys, like the track lights (7w) that costs about S$10 each and the pendent lights above the sofa which is about $50 for all 3 and the platform lights ard S$50 for 2. But the rest are fairly expensive, abt S$40-50 each, after factoring in shipping. But they may still be cheaper than in Sg? Not very sure about that as I didn't check. Hopefully we've saved some money!

Lights

And we've one more light for the dining area, which is from light craft (pardon the plastic packaging). A pretty good buy at around $50 and I like how the white lampshade with its blue trimmings matches the light blue wall. Love!

xmox.png
And this is a shot from the kitchen doorway, with the white relite petite ceiling fan up.

vx72.png
When friends and family see our living room..their first reaction is usually "wah so many lights!". Or they've also said its like a "stage", "studio", "cafe" etc. lol.
Initially the two lights above the platform r meant for the dining area. But in the end we decided to get a square dining table so I thought 1 big pendent light's more suitable than 2 small ones, so they were shifted to the platform area and so we ended up with so many lights. But I think brightness wise its alright, not an overkill, so still ok. Just that cleaning may require more work. But that's smth to worry later haha

Water works

On the same saturday that lights were fixed up, workers were also arranged to fix up the storage heater, toilet fittings etc. I didn't expect that it will take around half a day to fix up everything in the two toilets (except for the mbr basin as its awaiting the vanity counter by carpentry). But its good that everything went without a glitch.

Common toilet

zyyy.png

jqlt.png

5zhc.png
Initially we didn't want to change the wash basin in the common toilet due to cost but when we were at poh seng, we saw this basin going at $80 and thought it was very reasonable..so we bought it! We also got the metal piping to go with it and really like how everything looks when put tog! We also got the stainless steel bidet spray from poh seng but kinda regret it afterwards as its a tad ex at $48 each. Jovan 35L storage heater's from poh seng too. The black (bronze?) accessories are from taobao.
MBR toilet

wdu1.png
quy9.png
Really like the shower cubicle in the mbr toilet! hee
Likewise the bronze accessories are from taobao. Toilet bowl's from Rigel. We got the power and soul shower set from amazon usa as insani didn't have stock for that. The grohtherm thermostatic bath/shower mixer and another grohe and hansa taps r from insani which was cheaper than buying in sg even after adding in shipping costs. The experience buying from insani was good. Items were received in good condition in abt 1-2 weeks. But over the last weekend we saw some grohe sale at interior affairs and the prices in the papers looked quite good too!
Edited by klimoo

The bedroom floors were polished and revarnished last week followed by chemical cleaning a few days after.

second bedroom

25fh.png
mbr

y8ht.png

zchb.png
The uneven walls (actually partitions) in the mbr is where the wardrobe will be built. The walls were hacked down and partitions were constructed. The back of those walls are the blue walls in the second bedroom.

And finally carpentry works were delivered to our place yday! Very excited the day before haha..According to the uncle, they were there since 8.30am and planned to work till 9-10pm! This is what I have as of yday evening.

kitchen - counter seating/breakfast area

rabs.png
kitchen - beside the counter seating area. this is the side with the hob and hood.

tre5.png

kitchen - where the sink will be

sl7j.png
Notice how there's a part above the windows that is jutting out? Apparantly that's due to the box up of the water pipes and we were totally not expecting this. Prior communication with the carpenter and drawings did not mention this at all! We told the carpenter we want the cabinets to be flushed and they'll have to take it down and fix it..but how, i'm still not sure.
display shelf - to be together with shoe cabinet, not pictured

9ooy.png
mbr wardrobe

w30l.png
mbr toilet - vanity counter lying on its side

r0gx.png
Yet to closely inspect the workmanship yet, but have alr seen some strips of laminates with uneven edges. Hopefully nothing too major turns up during closer inspection!

More updates on carpentry works!

shoe cabinet and display shelf

cgz3.png
still pending doors for the shoe cabinet, which is the shorter half and is to be suspended. really like this design very much :) may not be a very practical design but in this case my heart wins over my mind haha
glass frame
svoy.png
a slim wooden frame for our L shaped glass which is still pending. the wooden stick in the middle is there temporarily for support. we are planning to diy some curtains from ikea for the glass as we were quoted abt $700 for roller blinds here..ouch.
platform
sip6.png
the laminates are yet to be glued onto the platform..I've always wanted a balcony and this is the closest we can get to the balcony feel hahaha
mbr vanity counter and close up of rounded part
ovq0.png

3gci.png
pending doors and counter top..my favourite amongst the carpentry items is the curved bottom right of this vanity counter..very beautifully done! but too bad cannot be admired lol. but at least now we wouldn't bang our legs into sharp corners in the tight space in the toilet :)

How much did the platform and display cabinet cost you? I'm planning to do something like that as well :good:

Hi Anw,

PMed!

Edited by klimoo

I like the shoes cabinet and display shelf. I supposed the display shelf is an open concept. It look nice beside the brick wall :good:

Hi woodywood,

thanks for your compliments!! Yepp the display shelf is open without any doors/glass..I'm trying very hard not to think of the cleaning required in the future though...will just admire how it looks first! hee