Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klimoo

Klimoo's Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After about 1 week, carpentry works are finally done! There were some hiccups along the way but thankfully they were rectified promptly.

shoe cabinet

xbo6.png
l5dk.png

platform

0ba5.png
Edited by klimoo

• Like 1

i likey the smooth curve of the cabinet! smooooth renovation journey for u!

haha yes I like the smooth curve too! but its a pity that curvy part is at a place that's hard to spend more time appreciating it! lol probably when we r in the showers can admire it hahaha :P

the reno journey is not exactly smooth~~have some bumps here n there but luckily most of them are rectifiable! such as the cabinets in the kitchen where they concealed the water pipes. When we first saw it we were stunned cos we were expecting flushed cabinets. Our neighbors didn't have the same problem. Thankfully the carpenters were willing to take down the entire top cabinets, saw off the jutting part and fixed it in such a way that the cabinets are now flushed. To achieve that we had to compromise and seal up the water pipes and access to it will be more troublesome, but we don't mind. Really liking the way it looks now!

So with the carpentry done, we are left with a few more major items to completion! Den we can do our own version of 摆家乐! lol

Pending items:

1) granite counter top for kitchen

2) quartz counter top for mbr toilet

3) crystal glass backing for kitchen

4) final coat of paint

5) glass for wooden frame

6) doors for all bedrooms, toilets and kitchen

7) cleaning

8) touch ups!

The biggest hurdle now is the piece of glass between the living room and bedroom 3! Today we received the shocking news that we may have to settle for 3 pieces of glass for our L shaped half glass wall in the living room. We had all along thought it will be 2 pieces of glass since it is L shaped, not U shaped! From what I briefly understand, it has something to do with problems fitting one piece of glass onto the wooden frame. Wonder if this is always the case when using wooden frame for glass panels?? We've asked to stop the glass work as we couldn't understand the issue and why this was only brought up at the very last min. Will have to discuss further when we meet up, which is hopefully this saturday.

Edited by klimoo

nice. But i do think there are too many lights in the living room area.

Since u shipped from insani, should have went all out to get a rain shower. well worth the money with a thermostatic mixer.

I got the same philips light though i use the dark brown surface.

Yup, we can change the colour band anytime. We also saw other colours available during the Philips carnival bsvk in November. They were going in sale at around 50 plus I think.

nice. But i do think there are too many lights in the living room area.

Since u shipped from insani, should have went all out to get a rain shower. well worth the money with a thermostatic mixer.

I got the same philips light though i use the dark brown surface.

After about 1 week, carpentry works are finally done! There were some hiccups along the way but thankfully they were rectified promptly.

shoe cabinet

xbo6.png

l5dk.png

platform

0ba5.png

Hi Klimoo,

Your place is coming together nicely !!:good::thumbs up:

Love your platform! Did you use laminates on it? Mind if i ask what laminates did you use? Thanks in advance !!:sport-smiley-018:

Water works

On the same saturday that lights were fixed up, workers were also arranged to fix up the storage heater, toilet fittings etc. I didn't expect that it will take around half a day to fix up everything in the two toilets (except for the mbr basin as its awaiting the vanity counter by carpentry). But its good that everything went without a glitch.

Common toilet

zyyy.png

jqlt.png

5zhc.png
Initially we didn't want to change the wash basin in the common toilet due to cost but when we were at poh seng, we saw this basin going at $80 and thought it was very reasonable..so we bought it! We also got the metal piping to go with it and really like how everything looks when put tog! We also got the stainless steel bidet spray from poh seng but kinda regret it afterwards as its a tad ex at $48 each. Jovan 35L storage heater's from poh seng too. The black (bronze?) accessories are from taobao.
MBR toilet

wdu1.png
quy9.png
Really like the shower cubicle in the mbr toilet! hee
Likewise the bronze accessories are from taobao. Toilet bowl's from Rigel. We got the power and soul shower set from amazon usa as insani didn't have stock for that. The grohtherm thermostatic bath/shower mixer and another grohe and hansa taps r from insani which was cheaper than buying in sg even after adding in shipping costs. The experience buying from insani was good. Items were received in good condition in abt 1-2 weeks. But over the last weekend we saw some grohe sale at interior affairs and the prices in the papers looked quite good too!

Hi Klimoo, there were no issues with fixing the shower set that you got from amazon US? Was it cheaper than getting it from sg or insani?

Hi Klimoo,

Your place is coming together nicely !!:good::thumbs up:

Love your platform! Did you use laminates on it? Mind if i ask what laminates did you use? Thanks in advance !!:sport-smiley-018:

Hi iceage,

thanks for the compliments! The laminate we are using for the platform is Collins Marcello Walnut from lamitak and its code is WY 5240D. The laminates are all very pretty and hope you have fun choosing them! :)

Yup, we can change the colour band anytime. We also saw other colours available during the Philips carnival bsvk in November. They were going in sale at around 50 plus I think.

wow. thats cheap. yeah i know, green blue and red i think.

I bought mine from lightings.com.sg. $85-88 i think. fixed price.

Hi Klimoo, there were no issues with fixing the shower set that you got from amazon US? Was it cheaper than getting it from sg or insani?

Hi blackpeace,

the plumber didn't have any problem fixing the shower set. We tested the different types of spray and they seem to be working fine! I did went to check out the price of this particular shower set in sg and was under the impression that it was more expensive, though I cannot rem any figures! At the time we we'r buying from insani, this shower set was out of stock, therefore we got it from amazon us. We got it from amazon at about 200usd and the shipping together with our Kraus kitchen faucet is about 50usd. You can compare the price in sg against this to see if its cheaper. Hope it helps! :)

wow. thats cheap. yeah i know, green blue and red i think.

I bought mine from lightings.com.sg. $85-88 i think. fixed price.

Yep we bought them for $85 too. But imo the wooden bands are nicer, and since its reversible its like having two lights for the price of one! so its worth it hee.