Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klimoo

Klimoo's Reno Journey

Hi Klimoo, there were no issues with fixing the shower set that you got from amazon US? Was it cheaper than getting it from sg or insani?

hi,

very nice! can i have the taobao link for your black toilet accessories? and your lights for living room (above platform)?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

very nice! can i have the taobao link for your black toilet accessories? and your lights for living room (above platform)?

Hi pinkyceline,

thanks! here r the links:

common toilet

toilet paper holder - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=20184149907

towel rail - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=20186065016

corner shelf - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7305723301

soap holder - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=22076052170

platform lights - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=18876877609

Hi iceage,

thanks for the compliments! The laminate we are using for the platform is Collins Marcello Walnut from lamitak and its code is WY 5240D. The laminates are all very pretty and hope you have fun choosing them! :)

Thanks Klimoo! Appreciate it :sport-smiley-018:

Yep we bought them for $85 too. But imo the wooden bands are nicer, and since its reversible its like having two lights for the price of one! so its worth it hee.

yup my wife originally wanted the metallic one since we getting one wooden one already. In the end, decided the wooden one still better!

Met up with Mr. K this morning at my place. Did some clarification on the things which needs to be rectified.

We will still have the two pieces of glass at the living room half wall. The craftsmen will do their best to fit the glass into the wooden frame. :good:

Countertop will be installed later in the afternoon and final painting will start next week!

Pending items will only be the doors and final cleaning. Hopefully, everything can be completed before end of the year. Anyway, from the way we are gauging the progress, all the major work to be done should be completed before xmas and hand over should be before end of the year! Cross our fingers!

Cant wait to start our 摆家乐!!!!

Preview of our study table!!!:sport-smiley-003: It is so heavy!!

IMG_20131206_220657_zpsc5154640.jpg

Sharing some of the appliances we bought.

From mega:

1) Hitachi R-SF48CMS

w89s.png
2) Gas hob Bosch PRA326B90E

r115.jpg
3) Induction hob Bosch PIE375N14E

bbfr.jpg
4) Chimney hood DWB09E750
5) Electrolux washer EWF10842

1ivu.png
6) Electrolux dryer EDV705 (will be changed to EDV7051)

1nao.png
We were first informed there was no more stock for the dryer when we called up to arrange for a delivery date. However the day before the delivery, we called again to check if the dryer can be delivered together and they said no problem. In the end when the delivery man came, he said the dryer, washer/dryer stacking kit, and two free bosch pots will be delivered another day. TUrns out the model we bought was discontinued and we had to top up to get another model.

An update on the progress for the past week.

Kitchen and mbr toilet's countertop has been installed!

sh32.png

kc9r.png

6ikn.png

ow7x.png

Very happy with how nicely the tap and basin comes together even thought the taps were all bought online. :sport-smiley-018: Kitchen tap's not installed yet as the hole in the granite top is too small. Apparantly that is a standard size but its not big enough for the Kraus faucet. The other hole in the quartz top for the hansa tap is alright though. Now that the hole's been enlarged, we'll have to trouble the plumber to make another trip to fix it up.

Pending items:

1) granite counter top for kitchen

2) quartz counter top for mbr toilet

3) crystal glass backing for kitchen

4) final coat of paint

5) glass for wooden frame

6) doors for all bedrooms, toilets and kitchen (make take up to another 2 weeks! :o )

7) hood installation

8) cleaning

9) touch ups!

Anyway really excited about my amazon purchase just now!

Bought this for myself

71ei.png

and this for the mr

3b7t.png
These lamps have been on my radar for some time, really like how classic the design is! And the reviews about the spring mechanism are very good, so when I saw they are both at about 40% off, I quickly bought it! (after seeking approval from the mr of course hee) Xmas presents for ourselves! :lol: Actually I haven't found out how much they are selling this in sg. But I figured with the discount, it should be quite a gd deal even with the shipping! Er hope it doesn't turn out otherwise :P

Sorry to question but why does your subway tiles look like they have the warped feeling? by the way what kitchen top are you using? :sport-smiley-018:

Haha, think it is the camera. We are using granite for the counter top.

Sorry to question but why does your subway tiles look like they have the warped feeling? by the way what kitchen top are you using? :sport-smiley-018:

Our reno is now close to completion as all the doors are finally up yesterday! :sport-smiley-018: Now we are just left with minor rectifications hee..so actually it can be considered completed le ba haha.

the living room

8q3g.png

bpqs.png

ypwl.png