Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yup am considering one. pending post budget assessment after renovation is completed :lol:

I am mostly gg to get a cleaning robot but not sure on the brand and model yet

Thanks for the review greatly, it really poison me deeply :bleah: (Hahahaha ~ )

ladies and gents, if you're not intending to hire a maid, definitely seriously consider a robot vacuum! Can be any brand :lol:

it will free up some of your precious evening or even weekend time. Vicx guarantees this haha :good:

Hi Vicx, guessed your inbox is full. Cant message you :/

Btw, I've screenshot the LG irobot to persuade my SO hahahahaha!

Ok cleared my inbox haha. Yes, please tell him that it would mean HE does less household chores like vacuuming the floor, lol :D

• Like 1

ladies and gents, if you're not intending to hire a maid, definitely seriously consider a robot vacuum! Can be any brand :lol:

it will free up some of your precious evening or even weekend time. Vicx guarantees this haha :good:

Ok that reasoning really brought me over to the dark side for the robot vacuum ! LoL ~

Hi hojichalatte & Dwinsplace,

This post dedicated to you guys, haha.

First off, do note that it's not cos we hid our air con trunking particularly well, it's just that I didn't show it in my pictures :bleah: BUT, the visibility of trunking can still be minimized with considerable planning together with your contractor and air-con man.

For the study room aircon and living room aircon, we ran the trunking into the 2nd bedroom as pictured below.

2014-03-07000745_zps1c4fb740.jpg

The trunking from the 2nd bedroom is then run across the corridor (on a ceiling beam) onto the side where the toilets and MBR sit. We concealed the trunking by boxing it up to make it look like it's part of the beam. Along the corridor, we also boxed it up. Whereas previously the wall was flat, now you see a protrusion at the top of the wall. This we feel is a lesser evil than just seeing the trunking. The drainage pipe also runs through this box up.

2014-03-07000846_zps66c20eb8.jpg

After the draining pipe and trunking runs down the corridor, it is diverted into the MBR toilet (a hole is cut in the wall)

2014-03-07150640_zpsbd61c3d2.jpg

And it then runs along the MBR toilet and then out onto the aircon ledge through a hole in the MBR toilet window. Do note that at some point along this line, the trunking and drainage from the MBR aircon comes in through the wall and joins the rest of the trunking.

2014-03-07150628_zpsf30e29ae.jpg

We only have 1 drainage pipe for the condensed water to run out, as pictured below. This is in the MBR toilet.

2014-03-07150658_zpsccbc302f.jpg

As much as we had liked to hide all the trunking, there's a limit to how much we can hide! As long as it's not plainly obvious to visitors when they walk in, it's good enough IMO.

It's always best to consult your aircon contractor for the best way to run the trunking. BUT, do note that sometimes they give some suggestions which make it easy for them, but makes the trunking v obvious for you. You have to push them and let them know the arrangement that you want.

Good luck!

Thanks for that! Yeah i'm sure they would go for 'easy' solutions and tell you things like "thats how its always done". Good on you for pushing the envelope. Raw pipes can be pretty, but aircon trunking hasn't quite made it on that aesthetic list. haha. I'll make sure to have a chat with my future ID/aircon guy.

Thanks for the Opennet comment also. I guess the electrician should know what to do to make room for them. Just that my flat to be is a pretty old one and i'm keen to hide as much of this sorta trunking as possible so i was concerned about when they needed to come to maybe hide the stuff in walls or in ceilings as you did.

Glad your plumbing problem has been fixed. Sounds like a fairly easy fix but he really should have known that it would cause problems doing the first configuration! Thats what they get paid for!

Can't imagine if u had put clothes in for a cycle as you washed your dinner dishes.... Soy sauce on your clothes?! :no:

Some folks swear by irobot, the Roomba and Scooba. But ****....it is costly.... :curse:

how much ah? I haven't tried the rest but I read quite rave reviews on the LG Roboking on hardwarezone that's why I decided to take the plunge. So far so good!

Ok that reasoning really brought me over to the dark side for the robot vacuum ! LoL ~

MUAHAHAHA. Come join the Roboking force. Mai tu liao :jammin:

Glad your plumbing problem has been fixed. Sounds like a fairly easy fix but he really should have known that it would cause problems doing the first configuration! Thats what they get paid for!

Can't imagine if u had put clothes in for a cycle as you washed your dinner dishes.... Soy sauce on your clothes?! :no:

Yea they should have known. They mentioned that it had something to do with us changing the location of our washer/dryer midway through (we originally wanted it to the far side of the kitchen), but I'm thinking long and hard as to why that has anything to do with why they chose to use 1 single drainage pipe. I suppose they wanted to take the easy way out and pray that everything worked out. In the end, more work for them too. :dunno:

LOL at the soya sauce on clothes. That would be terrible. But maybe detergent coming up from under the kitchen sink can help us wash our dishes too? haha

Time is freeing up for me to be able to blog with a lil more frequency now. :D We have moved all the essentials that we need to live at our new home and now that everything is in working order, it's time to really start enjoying our home.

I have posted pics of our kitchen, toilets and MBR to date, but nothing on the living room & study so here goes:

Living Room / Dining

Here is a view from the kitchen showing our dining, living and study room just beyond the dining table. Our dining table purchased from taobao has since been set up (although with some issues - more on that later) and it's looking pretty. We're quite happy with the edison light bulbs but have been advised that since they consume quite a bit of electricity, we're better off switching to energy saving light bulbs and to only use the edison light bulbs when guests come over.

There is quite a bit of space to the left of the dining, which we will most prob reserve for a playmat for the future kid. ;)

2014-03-04002539_zpsfdfe206e.jpg

Another view

2014-03-04002622_zps131c1782.jpg

Study table purchased from taobao - this was quite a good buy as it costs double here in Singapore. Easy to assemble, and comes with soft close drawers. Finishing is not perfect, but it's matte and nice to touch haha.

2014-03-04002707_zps6bf8b5ea.jpg

This is where we will be spending quite a bit of time watching movies/tv shows etc. Just got our PLEX media server connected with the LG Smart TV so we're ready to roll! Opted not to wall mount the TV in order to retain the full feature wall. Easier to change TV in the future also. Yellow carpet was from a FrancFranc sale which sad to say will be pulling out of Singapore soon. :o Really like their stuff, but maybe the notoriously high rent in Singapore also got to them.

2014-03-04002741_zpsf3acbcce.jpg

A view from the other side. It's nice to see some space in our living room! Hopefully it won't be too cluttered up with toys upon toys in the future haha

2014-03-04002926_zpsc2c8e0f1.jpg

The latest addition - a shoe cabinet (matching wood colour) that we got from a garage sale at $50. What a steal! :yeah: We did chip it in some places while transporting it over, but hey at $50 you can't really complain.

2014-03-08223918_zpscfaeae98.jpg

• Like 1

Living/Kitchen/Dining continued...

A look at the folding kitchen doors closed - this will be necessary when we turn on the living room aircon, do some heavy cooking, and to prevent our future toddler from entering the kitchen (potentially a dangerous area for them) :no: .

2014-03-09181955_zps16113353.jpg

From inside the kitchen (the wife working hard in the background :notti: )

2014-03-09182111_zpsdb788e0b.jpg

A small gift from my dad - an EKO brand step bin. Looks and functions very well, not to mention it has a great capacity at 20 litres.

2014-03-13133937_zps0a0234b7.jpg

We've moved some of the crockery that we bought from Bangkok sometime last year over to our new place, and placed them from our precious Commune shelf. This is not the whole lot yet! Haha. We may have gone a bit overboard with those purchases haha.

2014-03-13135255_zps2e775ca9.jpg

Rinnai Hob using inner flame technology - we are very excited to start using this appliance, but we don't have our cookware yet! This Rinnai hob apparently cooks thing way quicker than a conventional hob due to it's inner flame technology - apparently it produces a flame similar to what you see at tze char stalls. Can't wait to get cooking. :sport-smiley-004:

2014-03-13182114_zps67d99182.jpg

Edited by vicx1234

• Like 2

how much ah? I haven't tried the rest but I read quite rave reviews on the LG Roboking on hardwarezone that's why I decided to take the plunge. So far so good!

Think is about SGD12xx ...... :curse:

Welcome to the "orh orh" side. Come this weekend, you will be totally sold. :notti:

Welcome to the "orh orh" side. Come this weekend, you will be totally sold. :notti:

This has leapfrog to become my 1st item of Good To have !!!

Hi Vic, would like to check with you - the LG Roboking that you bought from Qoo10, is the model VR-6360LVM or VR-6270LVM?

Many thanks for the review btw ... jin poisonous leh! :)

Hi Vic, would like to check with you - the LG Roboking that you bought from Qoo10, is the model VR-6360LVM or VR-6270LVM?

Ya, the poisonous part is like cannot resist right ?

LoL ~

Nice and roomy!

thanks tessina, it's nice to be able to feel comfortable in our own home :D

Think is about SGD12xx ...... :curse:

super expensive la, can get a good solid wet and dry vacuum cleaner for that price.

This has leapfrog to become my 1st item of Good To have !!!

good to know, you won't regret the choice :P

hi MLTR, ours is the older version, VR-6270LVM. Apparently VR-6360LVM is this year's latest model, so definitely go for that if you can. Not too sure what the difference in performance is though! :lol:

Welcome to the dark side. haha