Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

So the CNY holiday period has since ended and the workers (and my ID) are finally back! Still, work is slower than I had hoped as the quartz top for the kitchen and bathroom is still not in yet, and therefore the electrical appliances, stove, hood and various sinks have yet to be installed. Urgh. :no: We are however, expecting the quartz top and hopefully the glass backsplash to be installed within the next week or so. Doesn't seem like it's that far away, but the wait kindda sucks.

Anyway, here are some of the things that have been installed recently.

MBR Door - It hasn't been painted white yet, and it is still missing the right handle as they are trying to figure out how to install the dummy handle. The door opening into the MBR will be from the left.

2014-02-03203345_zps61bdf745.jpg

View of the gold coloured door handle - quite happy with the look, colour and feel of it.

2014-02-03203103_zps637ab912.jpg

Our storage wingback bed - the wife chose this v pretty light blue colour for the wingback bed that we bought. It fits quite nicely with the charcoal wall and medium oak floors I think. Best part is that it is a storage bed as well! :good:

2014-02-05114427_zpsecdbd613.jpg

More lights - glad to see that the lights in the WIW and the remainder of the MBR lights are up! Looking real nice.

2014-02-12205619_zps9adfa58e.jpg

2014-02-12213214_zpsdd652e41.jpg

The cove lights and twin recessed headlights are up! Very pleased with the mood it creates. Pardon the position of the bed, it's not where it's supposed to be yet (which is in the middle of the room) as we are waiting for some painting to be done.

2014-02-12210151_zpsd05e376a.jpg

you door handle looks good! like the shape, where did u get them? Taobao?

do they have Silver?

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. I have been devoting alot of my time offline so that I can enjoy our new home and my 1 on 1 time with the wife. Add work in and there's really very little time to blog! I do apologise for leaving some of your hanging and awaiting replies. :(

Lovely and tasteful home! Cement screed's problematic nature is a common worries for industrial look seekers. You solved it by using tiles that look like cement screed, and I must say it works incredibly well for you. The black framed glass panels go well with the theme too. I'm a fan of industrial theme and i'm inspired by your home, is it possible to share the quotation with me?

thanks for your kind compliments stealth. TBH, I'm not too comfortable sharing our quotes as we don't want to cause any problems for our contractor, as quotes for each house can vary according to the amount of work done, negotiations etc. I could probably give a rough breakdown if that's ok.

Really like your TV feature wall. May I know the cost? My ID told me its very expensive. Tried to PM you but not able. Thanks!

Hi kethan, thanks! We love it too :D It's actually in the low $2k range, it's not as expensive as a brick wall, but it's certainly not cheap either. Depends on the length of your feature wall also.

Hi Vic, back to the LG Roboking ... do you need to pay the 7% GST upon receipt of the delivery?

Read one of the reviews in Qoo10 as follows:

Tax invoice from FedEx was send to me

Was indicating free delivery, but a tax invoice was send to my place. Very disappointed with this purchase, GST was not included in the price, thus need to add 7% GST plus $10 advance fee to the item before purchase. My worse purchase online experience.

But I do not see majority of the Qoo10 buyers complaining having to pay the tax invoice. So it is like a "random taxing" thing?

Thanks to confirm! :)

hey MLTR, that's actually a very relevant point you brought up. Is this review from a customer of the shop Happy Mall? I bought mine from them and didn't have any problems at all. It could depend on which vendor you're using. But like you said, it could well be random, depending on your luck?

Hey vicx1234,

Could you pm me your id's quotation and contact?

Thanks! :)

Same as above, I will let you know the rough breakdown!

Hi there!

May I know how much you paid for the shelf you bought on 50% discount? Wooden planks with black frame. Thanks!!

Hi Bready, we got the shelf from Commune - paid about $700 for it.

you door handle looks good! like the shape, where did u get them? Taobao?
do they have Silver?

We got them from this shop called Contat Decor, website here:

http://www.contatdecor.com/product/handles

They actually stock quite a few handles so you will be spoilt for choice. Hope you find one that you like! Cheers

Hi vicx1234,

I love what you did to your home. May I check how wide is your kitchen folding doors and how much were you quoted for it? Does it have a track beneath or only top track? I'm looking at doing something like this for my MBR as I've combined 2 rooms into 1.

hello kelhy, we will be trying out a "laminate plank" feature wall which we thought would be quite cool and different from the ubiquitous brick wall. They will basically paste the laminate on some wood, and then cut them into various sizes of planks before finally pasting them onto the plywood board wall thereafter. I do have some pictures of the half completed wall which I will post real soon. :good:

May I know what's the proper task name to use if I were to ask an ID/contractor to produce your living room wall? I like it a lot but may I also check with you that the choice of laminate is still flexible, i.e. as in they're not special laminate meant just for sticking on walls right?

Lastly, if you don't mind, may I take a look at your quotation? PM if necessary.

Lovely place. Many inspiring. Much thanks.

Hi u mentioned that ur toilet door is a pd door... Did u pay extra to have the frames black? Cos when I went down to the show room they had only brown aluminum. In addition, any reviews after using it? I wanted to use this but my contractor kept telling me that it doesn't last...

Nope, it's a PD door - so it slides to one side first, then swings inwards. Cheers

Hi vicx1234,

Just to ask a noob question. For the led lighting strip in your cabinets, do you need to have prior lighting points laid by the electrician? I am intending to do one led lighting strip across the cabinets too but my contractor say cannot be done because the lighting points are all laid up already and we did not cater for that in the first place.

Vicx, Can't resist the temptation of asking u to pm me where did u get your wing frame bed although I have fully paid for a storage bed already ~bang head~

Hi,

can anyone let me know the model and where to buy the matte black fan?

if possible, the price also?

thinking of getting the same one.

thanks.