Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mellenur

Bringing Scandinavia To Tampines! ~5A Reno Blog~

If it's any consolation to you, my carpentry work (which was supposed to include Blum drawers but I got Blum runners instead) cost $4885 for 13.5 ft of bottom cabinets only.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the invisible grilles. I wanted to install it, but (lousy) condo management said no.

So what do you plan to do to the windows to keep the cats and kids safe this time?

hi elin1029, maybe just aluminium grills. whatever causes least damage to the walls around it. although my kids are older now (4 and 2 yrs old) and my cats are (hopefully) wiser, still cannot take chances.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey mellenur, did u like it? we chosen this Oak Light too!! :D

was deciding between Medium Oak and Oak Light tho.. hee hee...

hi hojichalatte, this was honestly my last option! i wanted natural hickory which is more daring as it's a dark redwood, and next choice was markham medium but hubby said scared at night we wake up the floor very dark we very scared. cos my current house is beige tiles and at night still quite bright. i must say the lighter wood lightens the color of the room.

Hope it's tempered glass?

As for the bathroom doors, as far as I know, some come without bottom tracks. Personally, that's how I prefer it.

My Legrand switches are not aligned too. Will check with the electricians when they next drop by.

How much did you pay for your iron gate?

hi inthechouse, as per quotation yes tempered glass. my gate is $450 as per the quotation, but he hasn't advised if this would be more expensive (or cheaper??).

Did you request for your toilet entrance to look like that (i.e the step up from outside)? I've never seen this before!

yes, my toilet entrance must step up to enter. there's the slight depression where the cement strip in question is currently so water will not splash outside then the toilet floor. hope the description is clear?

oops... haha! i see! lighter wood looks more scandi theme la..

and it's easier to tell if there is dirt/hair on the floor else v.difficult to clean leh... =p

hi hojichalatte, this was honestly my last option! i wanted natural hickory which is more daring as it's a dark redwood, and next choice was markham medium but hubby said scared at night we wake up the floor very dark we very scared. cos my current house is beige tiles and at night still quite bright. i must say the lighter wood lightens the color of the room.

hi inthechouse, as per quotation yes tempered glass. my gate is $450 as per the quotation, but he hasn't advised if this would be more expensive (or cheaper??).

yes, my toilet entrance must step up to enter. there's the slight depression where the cement strip in question is currently so water will not splash outside then the toilet floor. hope the description is clear?

common toilet door also up. this btw is the one i wanted to have a black frame but hubby and contractor ganged up against me and kept chorusing: NOT NICE :bleah:

just to check with fellow bifold door users, is the flooring supposed to look like that? initially the tiler left that cement strip for what i thought would be the bottom frame of the door, but seems now to be an oversight as there isn't a bottom frame.

20140214_200224.jpg

sorry you didn't get to choose the black framed doors! but hopefully your husband is pleased with his choice of with bifold doors at least?

as for the cement strip area, we also have the same step, but ours was covered by the same floor tiles. If I'm not wrong your contractor should do that for you too, otherwise it just looks strange.

Evorich HERF in Markham Oak Light is also up.

I used the same for the whole house:

20140214_200715.jpg

20140214_200604.jpg

beautiful choice of floor colour! very cosy feel indeed :good:

May I know how many inch is your downlight? It is a LED downlight? May i know which shop in JB you purchase from?

hi fridahaklo, mine is 4-inch and yes it's LED. I bought from Hwa Ann which is fairly close to the Causeway.

Carpentry updates:

I finally see my Blum drawers as after my purchase last week, they were all in boxes. This is Tandembox Antaro in Silky White.

20140218_185717.jpg

Bottom cabinets carcass for kitchen also up.

20140218_184711.jpg

Tall larder units for my pantry stuff. Gosh, I really do have a lot of storage space! Yes, we are hiding the DB box in the cabinet and so if there's a blackout at night, may the Lord help us find our way in the dark, up the ladder/chair and turn it back on. Haha!

20140218_184650.jpg

Door for the tall unit in chosen laminate. This is Admira Pearl Ash iirc.

20140218_185010.jpg

and just a general picture of the mess from my kitchen looking out to living room:

20140218_185635.jpg

MBR vanity shelf also up. This is Admira in Alabaster.

20140218_184826.jpg

and the super tiny area for sink. in this regard, i must say my BTO house toilet in Punggol is not bigger, but better spaced. we also managed to squeeze in 2 open shelves next to the WC.

20140218_184834.jpg

and the above pics in context:

20140218_184854.jpg

Doors are up but not varnished yet:

20140218_184757.jpg

20140218_184806.jpg

study room door also up (this cost me $2000 plus!)

20140218_184609.jpg

nyatoh frame for glass also up.

20140218_184959.jpg

and store room door also fabricated. I didn't see the other 4 smaller panels which make up the shoe cabinet doors. Must be somewhere in the stack.

20140218_184623.jpg

must say my hubby really stuck true to the scandi team of white white white!

• Like 1

hi mellenur, where do u get these preetty doors?? :)

love these updates! looking good!! keep them coming~~ heee

20140218_184609.jpg

Edited by hojichalatte

hi mellenur, where do u get these preetty doors?? :)

love these updates! looking good!! keep them coming~~ heee

dear, from the same door catalogue! i didn't take photo of my service yard door. initially i thought i could save some money and use aluminium doors instead but i never got a quote and hubby (as always) said not nice! so we stuck to this.

dear, from the same door catalogue! i didn't take photo of my service yard door. initially i thought i could save some money and use aluminium doors instead but i never got a quote and hubby (as always) said not nice! so we stuck to this.

i think i'm going crazy over DOORS recently, asking every single one where they get their doors.. hahahahaha :bangwall: :bangwall:

question. we wanted to get this samsung digital lock from qoo10 but our contractor said they don't know how to install.

is it easy to install? anyone used before?

411860737.jpg

• Like 1

Doors are up but not varnished yet:

20140218_184757.jpg

20140218_184806.jpg

20140218_184609.jpg

nyatoh frame for glass also up.

20140218_184959.jpg

and store room door also fabricated. I didn't see the other 4 smaller panels which make up the shoe cabinet doors. Must be somewhere in the stack.

20140218_184623.jpg

must say my hubby really stuck true to the scandi team of white white white!

woah, those are some expensive but very pretty doors! we're still awaiting one nyatoh sliding door which we will have it varnished. hope it will be nice too.