Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mellenur

Bringing Scandinavia To Tampines! ~5A Reno Blog~

small issue i have in my MBR toilet. the gap between the wall and WC is about 3 fingers - far more than I can live with to be honest but i think the problem is my WC had a flat back and if flushed against the wall, cannot lay water pipes to the shower mixer area. apologies for the blurry pic. so next time you're buying a WC, try to get one with a curve on its back.

20140125_181558.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Like the kitchen lights a lot.

Overall the place seem to be done up nicely.

Hope to see more pics and updates (*So i can steal them :P )

apologies for the lack of updates.

it's been a busy few weeks for me at work especially.

let the pics do the talking!

living and dining room. painting, wiring and lighting almost all done. my hubby bought 12 pieces of the track lights and so the electrician decided to be really generous and fixed them all. i think it's a tad overdone! but mad love for the white craft-stone wall (i'm thinking to leave it in that finish) and also for the green subway tiles. we bought our downlights from JB for about RM40 each and so far so good. the small TV area my hubby used Philips downlights with dimmer and we're undecided on whether we still want to get a pendant light like the one below to put in the centre. mad love also for the dining lights from IKEA! they were very low, me at 1.62m already bang into them but my hubby said it's okay as it sits above the dining table.

20140206_195940.jpg

20140206_195741.jpg

IMG-20140207-WA0006.jpg

white wall with lights!

20140206_194806.jpg

up-close of kitchen with my kraus sink in the corner

20140206_195645.jpg

and the study room:

20140206_195842.jpg

Great place. For your hall, I like to check what is the watt for each downlight and the distance between each and the wall. Thanks.

Very nice progress mellenur! I have the same ikea lights that you're using for your kitchen. Great choice and it really brings out the scandi feel.

lemming this TV console. hubby say more industrial than scandi but i don't care!

20140124_151550.jpg

this console is nice but the wires will be running around i'm afraid.. hard to conceal.

Great place. For your hall, I like to check what is the watt for each downlight and the distance between each and the wall. Thanks.

hi marcel, 12w and 2m between each light. at first i thought it was too much lights (and i still feel that way to be honest) but hubby said he knows best so we stuck with it. now i quite like it.

hey the nest light is from ikea?:

nest light is from lightings.com.sg at Balestier/Jln Besar. This oval one is a new design, prev only round ones. And this shop seems to be cheapest. I saw at other shops for more than SGD220. This was SGD198.

• Like 1

this console is nice but the wires will be running around i'm afraid.. hard to conceal.

hi takaishi, actually i have a brick wall laid on a false wall which have an opening for the TV wires so should be quite neat. But you're right, for sure there will be stray wires from other devices......

Like the kitchen lights a lot.

Overall the place seem to be done up nicely.

Hope to see more pics and updates (*So i can steal them :P )

aww..thanks. yes tonight the blum drawers are coming in so my carpentry journey is starting! will snap more along the way...

Very nice progress mellenur! I have the same ikea lights that you're using for your kitchen. Great choice and it really brings out the scandi feel.

yes i think i saw in yr blog, i love it!

hi takaishi, actually i have a brick wall laid on a false wall which have an opening for the TV wires so should be quite neat. But you're right, for sure there will be stray wires from other devices......

yea can shield behind the bottom 'cabinets'. That would also mean the placing of power sockets must be considered properly lol.

Ignore my post - I asked about shipping charges to the Kraus sink and found the answer after posting. Should have more patience to finish reading the rest of the post before asking.

Love the selection of your bathroom tiles!

Edited by faranggirl

guys, can i ask for your opinion. my contractor said not to paint the pipes as the paint will eventually peel off.

actually he said something like if want to paint white might as well use PVC to which i told him, i chose stainless steel because of its properties - it will retain the heat in water better.

anyway lemme know, should i paint the pipes white? it looks very unsightly for now. anyone with experience to share?

20140206_195553.jpg

on another note, i have a quick fix to keep my stainless steel parts looking awesomely shiny. i use a magic sponge which i buy from Daiso only $2. it comes in an A4 size white soft spongy block and easy to tear off. Just tear off a small amount and give the mixers/taps/pipes a gentle scrub and it looks super shiny! Works also for glass/windows/stains but I used it on my beige kitchen countertop and the part where i scrub looks faded compared to the rest. the packet looks like below, they always have the mr muscular sponge logo:

tumblr_lprtcgpbH41qcf0ns.jpg

mellenur, you're talking about the stainless steel pipes yeah? we have it painted in the bedrooms (yes, they run across) and kept them as it is in the bathrooms. i don't see why you can't paint it if you really want to. peel off then paint again lor. same with everything else.

that sponge is magical! but beware not to let children or pets come into contact with it. friends have warned me that it is highly toxic. not sure if it's true but it's better to be safe than sorry.