Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mellenur

Bringing Scandinavia To Tampines! ~5A Reno Blog~

Currently we have a Brunomenzi mahogany bedframe but in Queen size with Sealy mattress. Used for only 6 years but have moved twice with us so far. Wondering if we should change as would like to get King size and with white frame. Abit sayang to paint over mahogany to white, not to mention the red undertones will show if not done correctly. Else we might just recreate look below (less the chandelier).

4f9318dd-6fc5-4e1e-8aac-78be54a7cc86.png

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

eyeing this fan from fanco/amasco (can't remember which one) but costs SGD688 :jawdrop:

and i would need at least 6! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

anyone with ideas on other options? I've always used crestar and heard review on amasco not so good?

20131222_192803.jpg

• Like 1

wanted to do this design for toilet but would you believe it, Hafary doesn't have damask print tiles! I think they have in white but it's a much bigger size. I suggested to paint toilet and room ceiling black with white border or inner side of the L box and hubby say OK!

e9f5e9f9-c7b1-49c3-92b2-b69181482548.png

or this:

8f69782e-74fd-4d6e-ae75-40461d4ecf45.png

I need some help. I cannot read chinese but I have big hopes of buying from taobao :help:

I read somewhere that we should look for sellers with many positive ratings. I'm using Google Chrome but I cannot see where to filter by seller ratings. For e.g. at this link: http://s.taobao.com/search?tab=all&q=Papa+bear+Chair

can anyone help me find my papa bear? :yeah:

eyeing this fan from fanco/amasco (can't remember which one) but costs SGD688 :jawdrop:

and i would need at least 6! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

anyone with ideas on other options? I've always used crestar and heard review on amasco not so good?

20131222_192803.jpg

That's a nice looking fan, which shop did you see it at? We bought something similar from Crestar, a matte black fan from the ICOL series but at $200+. $600+ is a bit steep for a fan.

Btw, regarding your papa bear chair or any other big/expensive item from taobao for that matter, try to get it from a tmall seller instead as it is much safer. These are 2 shops that I've found, though I'm sure there are more sellers on tmall

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.20.qKO9Mv&id=21268016448&areaId=&user_id=729554021&is_b=1&cat_id=2&q=wegner&rn=54a9b44ae21d181fd04d5114dd0e3c9c

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.0.0.fJr4Zg&id=20127659357&is_b=1&cat_id=2&areaId=&q=bear+chair

Do note that the price differs depending on whether you are getting leather or fabric. There are some sellers listing the item for incredibly cheap, but that may just be the ottoman. You will only get the price upon making your selection at the top right hand section of the item page.

If you don't mind buying from taobao sellers, get from those which have diamonds or crowns (crowns being the higher rating).

Hi mellenur,

I was also looking for lounge chair possibilities and I had shortlisted this taobao shop which had nice close up of the product.

Their papa bear chair is here.

I need some help. I cannot read chinese but I have big hopes of buying from taobao :help:

I read somewhere that we should look for sellers with many positive ratings. I'm using Google Chrome but I cannot see where to filter by seller ratings. For e.g. at this link: http://s.taobao.com/search?tab=all&q=Papa+bear+Chair

can anyone help me find my papa bear? :yeah:

Edited by greglhc

Hey Vic, just as an FYI - the papa bear chair in the links you provided, do take note of the visible seams at the back of the chair. They are quite clearly visible in the pictures.

That's a nice looking fan, which shop did you see it at? We bought something similar from Crestar, a matte black fan from the ICOL series but at $200+. $600+ is a bit steep for a fan.

Btw, regarding your papa bear chair or any other big/expensive item from taobao for that matter, try to get it from a tmall seller instead as it is much safer. These are 2 shops that I've found, though I'm sure there are more sellers on tmall

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.20.qKO9Mv&id=21268016448&areaId=&user_id=729554021&is_b=1&cat_id=2&q=wegner&rn=54a9b44ae21d181fd04d5114dd0e3c9c

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.0.0.fJr4Zg&id=20127659357&is_b=1&cat_id=2&areaId=&q=bear+chair

Do note that the price differs depending on whether you are getting leather or fabric. There are some sellers listing the item for incredibly cheap, but that may just be the ottoman. You will only get the price upon making your selection at the top right hand section of the item page.

If you don't mind buying from taobao sellers, get from those which have diamonds or crowns (crowns being the higher rating).

Hi mellenur,

I was also looking for lounge chair possibilities and I had shortlisted this taobao shop which had nice close up of the product.

Tried both the Papa Bear and Eames, Papa is more comfy. (Both replica).

Anyway, gonna place order for one soon. :good:

Edited by OceanEleven

hi vicx1234, i saw it at lightings.com.sg along jalan besar. was actually looking for LED lights and I read somewhere that sometime ago there was a promotion at the shop but now no more. I might just get crestar :thumbs up: cos using 3 sets in my current house for about 2 years and so far no problem. I only regret having lights on the fan cos for some crazy reason I don't use the lights so quite wasteful, not to mention it's a hassle to clean inside the "cups" :bleah:

thanks for the Papa Bear links as well! will check them out.

Hi mellenur,

Hi greglhc,

I was just re-re-re-reading your t-blog and swooning over the house theme - GORGEOUS! Noticed you also used Evorich HERF. We are planning for natural hickory in the living and kitchen area, and bedrooms markham oak medium. I wanted a grey shade but they have 3 and all look like CMI. sigh...

They have this laminate which is quite industrial, looks like wooden crate design. But at $6.50 pfr plus potential height differences when combining HERF with laminate plus the joining strip, hubby say cannot. :~ . I wonder if transiting from living to room area also will have the strip since it's different color?

Thank you thank you! One of the unintended side effects of reno process for me is that its very addictive. Lol

If you are going for the wood feel throughout the entire home, I suggest to keep all of it the same. The effect is quite dramatic over large areas. As opposed to breaking it up with different designs.

Also between laminate and herf will definitely have a strip which is quite unsightly in my opinion. And can be scratched so paint comes off. Happened to mine between tile and herf area :(

Agreed that the greys are not exactly perfect. Anyway after placing deposit,I changed my mind twice. Initially Markham oak medium then Durban oak then aspen oak. Lol.

hi vicx1234, i saw it at lightings.com.sg along jalan besar. was actually looking for LED lights and I read somewhere that sometime ago there was a promotion at the shop but now no more. I might just get crestar :thumbs up: cos using 3 sets in my current house for about 2 years and so far no problem. I only regret having lights on the fan cos for some crazy reason I don't use the lights so quite wasteful, not to mention it's a hassle to clean inside the "cups" :bleah:

thanks for the Papa Bear links as well! will check them out.

the lights also lower the fans even more, for what are already short hdb ceilings =P

Seems like I'm among the rare ones who dislike the Papa Bear chair lol! Tried it at Comfort but hubby and I felt it wasn't that comfortable. Tried several other armchairs as well and will be getting one from Ikea instead which we felt was the best. That feeling when u just sink in it and never wanna get up! :P

Mellenur, I can't read Chinese too and used Google Translate to shop in Taobao and TMall, and am going through Peeka for the deliveries. Praying hard the shipping cost won't gimme a heart attack! :deal::jawdrop:

We're eyeing Crestar fans too and the Icol series look good enough! :good:

Seems like I'm among the rare ones who dislike the Papa Bear chair lol! Tried it at Comfort but hubby and I felt it wasn't that comfortable. Tried several other armchairs as well and will be getting one from Ikea instead which we felt was the best. That feeling when u just sink in it and never wanna get up! :P

Mellenur, I can't read Chinese too and used Google Translate to shop in Taobao and TMall, and am going through Peeka for the deliveries. Praying hard the shipping cost won't gimme a heart attack! :deal::jawdrop:

We're eyeing Crestar fans too and the Icol series look good enough! :good:

hi redder,

I walked away from getting the Papa Bear in real life today at Comfort Furnishings haha! Maybe I will have a looksy at Ikea before buying. Agree it's not a plushy armchair, but who can argue how pretty it is? The Papa Bear are like Loubies, pretty but a little uncomfortable. Lol!

I've also been on Taobao through Google Chrome! But some things just don't make sense. Like "baby"...seriously?? :sport-smiley-004:

I bought Crestar direct previously, not sure if it's cheaper than through distributors?