Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mellenur

Bringing Scandinavia To Tampines! ~5A Reno Blog~

hi redder,

I walked away from getting the Papa Bear in real life today at Comfort Furnishings haha! Maybe I will have a looksy at Ikea before buying. Agree it's not a plushy armchair, but who can argue how pretty it is? The Papa Bear are like Loubies, pretty but a little uncomfortable. Lol!

I've also been on Taobao through Google Chrome! But some things just don't make sense. Like "baby"...seriously?? :sport-smiley-004:

I bought Crestar direct previously, not sure if it's cheaper than through distributors?

Lol agree it looks gd but it's the comfort which comes first before looks for us! Now having a headache on where to get a nice comfy sofa.. Went back to Comfort today but nothing suitable for us sighhh

U mean, "What baby u looking for?" HAHAHAHA

Not too sure on Crestar direct.. We only checked 1 shop. Must research more on this. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi mellenur,

Where is this BW bathroom warehouse, you have the actual address to share? Thanks in advance :good:

Last sunday we went to BW Bathroom Warehouse which is just a few blocks away from Sim Siang Choon at Changi South Area. it's a subsidiary of Wan Tai which also supplies sanitary ware to hotels. I haven't done much research here to be honest but the building and set up looks quite established. They were having a $699 promo for Grohe mixer, shower set, tap, Duravit WC and Duravit sink. Not sure if it's a good deal or if this is the "Thailand" Grohe as the staff said it was all from Germany. Promo according to them is because they are new (about 1.5 mths old) and they want to attract customers so this limited offer is only available for 5 sets, and they said we got the last set. The warehouse was fairly empty when we were there for about 3 hours.

this is the tap:

20131222_163808.jpg

this is the shower set:

20131222_163758.jpg

this is the mixer:

20131222_163713.jpg

Duravit sink:

20131222_164400.jpg

Duravit WC:

20131222_163634.jpg

hi Bighead 76, Wan Tai Bathroom Warehouse is here.

I was up on level 2, level 3 is more "atas" range..

Bathroom Gallery
25 Changi South Avenue 2
Level 1 & 2
Singapore 486594

Hi mellenur,

Where is this BW bathroom warehouse, you have the actual address to share? Thanks in advance :good:

hi Bighead 76, Wan Tai Bathroom Warehouse is here.

I was up on level 2, level 3 is more "atas" range..

Bathroom Gallery

25 Changi South Avenue 2

Level 1 & 2

Singapore 486594

Thanks Thanks Mellenur, looking fwd to see more of your reno pics:) Happy New Year :sport-smiley-018:

not much to share since past week and a half was hacking and making good work:

living/dining/study room. there used to be a wall where the wires are dangling. we hacked it to make a small study and to expand the living area:

20131227_114046.jpg

The kitchen. DB box is dangling because there used to be a store room there but we hacked it and moving the store/shoe cabinet right next to the gate. Kitchen is so much brighter now! On the right wall we've have 3 larder units --> one for oven and microwave, one for pantry stuff and another for pots and other seldom used big items. Since we don't have an ID, my husband has been deliberating on the kitchen design for weeks. Small things like planning how many drawers or cabinet doors are decisions we have to make ourselves. Luckily we have some experience from the current house so we design based on our current needs. This means we also have to figure out the drawer configurations on our own. Glad we've sorted most of that for now.

20131227_114811.jpg

Master bedroom. Toilet looks awfully dark so I'm thankful I changed my mind about having grey tiles. We'll have an opening with a bifold door between this and the children's room next door because my girls are so young and will need the toilet at night. I can't have them on diapers forever! Haha! We're planning to have Closet Design to do a pole system closet on the right wall with sliding doors in L shape and it will end just before the toilet entrance. Hubby wants to cover the toilet with the closet door so we won't have a toilet door and instead have the sliding closet door to cover that. I'm not too comfortable with the idea because of moisture attacks, plus how are we going to lock the toilet door? Any other ideas anyone?20131227_114846.jpg

just made an order for my 32-inch Kraus kitchen sink.

41nXLlLceZL.jpg

wanted to get this faucet as well but I'm not sure if the price tag is worth it. Just over $300! But I love that it's black and it's Kohler - so I'm sure it will last long right? Trying to justify the purchase through a longer depreciation period :notti: It says only 3 left in stock!!

61GbhoKGaAL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by mellenur

Just posting updates.

Not much happening except screeding. I blame it on the holidays haha!

Honestly, the pace is very worrying. I hope they can finish tiling by this week.

I'm only tiling my service yard and 2 toilets, all others will have vinyl flooring so just need to get the screeding done.

We went a little crazy at the IKEA sale 2 weeks ago when they were offering $35 off for every $300 purchase so we already bought the items below. Now we have a big headache where to house them as IKEA is making the first delivery this Thursday for armchair (bought from As-Is so it's already assembled) and Trendig chair. Next delivery is next Monday and was supposed to be sent to the new house but my contractor said cannot place there cos the works will be very dusty. Sigh.....what am I going to do? I'm considering getting a storage unit at Storhub or something. Which means more money.....

Trying to cheer myself up by posting pics of what we bought:

Armchair from As-Is

strandmon-wing-chair__0164703_PE319846_S

Dining chair. I'm getting 6 different black ones so these are 2 of them.

trendig--chair__0216709_PE372414_S4.JPG

sigurd-chair__0173559_PE327682_S4.JPG

Kitchen island. Was going to ask contractor to build this as part of carpentry but it was going to cost $2000+. So we scrapped it then we saw this as IKEA. So we decided to get it. Right after paying for it during the sale, I walked back in and found an assembled piece with "scratches" (I couldn't see any) so I refunded my purchase and bought the As-Is one instead for a $400. Since it's assembled, this is also a headache where to house!

stenstorp-kitchen-island__73857_PE190636

Edited by mellenur

Can't ask Ikea to deliver later?

Apparently, their policy is to deliver within 3 days of the order. Any additional day will be charged storage $20 per day. The only reason I got away with a later delivery date is because during the sale, there were many orders so there was a bit of a backlog.

Sigh..just got a quotation from Elite Movers. To move 40 boxes, 1 Fisher and Paykel fridge and 2 IKEA children bed would cost me $830 --> $380 from my current house to their storage, $150 for 2 weeks storage and $300 from storage to my new house. And these are rates for return customers!

Btw, yesterday I went to JB to get our fans from Hwa Ann. I think YES at Tampoi can offer lower prices but we opted for convenience and I think YES is closed on Sundays.

So to share what we shortlisted (didn't buy cos there was no stock):

4 x Baby KDK 44-inches in White for 3 bedrooms and Study Room. We were quoted RM350 each. In Singapore, a similar model but 48-inches is selling cheapest for $193. All prices exclude installation which is approximately $50-60 per fan unit.

product_55_1.jpg

And 2 of these for the living room. Hubby wants to get white fans only, so might not get these in JB as they only sell silver/grey except in white for the cheaper/smaller models. Was quoted RM420 each and Singapore is selling for $263 each --> white or grey. Difference is about $100 per fan unit.

product_52_1.jpg

I've only used Crestar in my current house which comes in black but hubby said he don't like the dangling beaded string to regular fan speed. Might consider Amasco as there's a black on but at a whopping $700 per unit! Plus I would need to get at least 6 fans. Any other ideas for a pure black or white fan at a reasonable price? I just want it to look neat. Lemming for the Haiku but don't think hubby will agree....

Edited by mellenur

Have you considered Elmark? They have quite alot of designs and we've bought our black fans there. We've opted for the black power coated stainless steel ones which cost more but their motors come with 10 yrs warranty thus we were sold. We had previously bought the same model in our previous home and have used the fans daily for 5 yrs, 7 days a week for more than 8 hours a day.. Had no issues with it. With you numbers, I am sure they are more than happy to extend a discount to you.

We initially bluffed Ikea's delivery team that we will be out of town for 2 weeks so that bought us some 'free storage' time.