Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Ceiling-To-Floor Non-Flammable Curtain As Rm Divider

There's a aircon in my living room, and to prevent the cold air from drifting into the kitchen, i'm thinking of having a Non-flammable/non-fabric curtain that is full height (from ceiling to floor).

Non-fabric will be good as it will be easier to clean (use damp rag to wipe it) and can block cold air from escaping. The curtain between the living room and kitchen can also act as room divider and also sound absorbent.

Anyone has any idea how/where to get this kind of curtain (including the curtain rod/railing to be ceiling-mounted instead of wall mounted)?

Or a very big/tall shower curtain?

A google search only lead me to: http://www.itp.eu/en/non-flammable-curtain-material

Edited by claypot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

no-one replied :(

So i had to do my own research and be guinea pig. :(

Went to Spotlight at Plaza Sing to purchase eyelet curtain (some call it grommet). They don't have ready-made eyelet curtain that has drop-down height of 2.5m (which is the ceiling to floor height for typical HDB flat), and I require 1 curtain panel instead of 1 pair. So i have to get those that comes from the bulk roll and have it cut accordingly to the width that i required (1.5m + excess of 0.4m as the curtain may not be stretch fully, and can have some pleats). Also bought a ceiling bracket, curtain bar of 1.6m and end caps.

The design/color of the eyelet curtain is not ideal. Ikea has nicer colors but its width is max 1.4m (which is short of my requirement). I prefer ready-made as there will be lining. Now mine does not have lining sewn.

Quote from Spotlight: "Eyelet Curtains are an easy yet stylish curtain solution for dressing your window. Eyelet Curtains easily slide over almost any curtain rod which gives you an impressive, clean and simple look. Spotlight’s range is available in a great range of colours and textures. They can be used for window coverings, fitting rooms or room dividers."

Reference:

http://www.spotlight.com.sg/departments/curtains-blinds/ready-made-curtains/

Edited by claypot