Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elin1029

My First Renovation Experience

Going to do a series of before and after photo posts, and share some thoughts on the design concept.

Bomb shelter before and after.

p1290337.jpg

Over the years, I've learnt that things kept in storeroom are things I don't need, they will be kept in there forever until it's time to move. Saw on that many home owners dedicate a room to their pets, so I decided to do the same and converted the bomb shelter into the dogs room. Also, there is already a small storeroom to keep luggages and brooms.

DSC_0383.JPG

DSC_0389.JPG

Yard before and after.

p1290330.jpg

Was thinking to remove the bomb shelter door, but that's probably against the rule. I liked the black and white checkered floor, was thinking to use this in the bathroom but it would go against the general theme of the house. In the end, I used it in the dogs area as it is quite an independent area from the rest of the house. I really like the look of this flooring, but the black part of the tiles are harder to maintain as it shows water marks and dust.

DSC_0394.JPG

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yard toilet before and after.

p1290332.jpg

Removed wash basin and WC for a more bigger space to bathe the dogs. Another set of wash basin and WC also means more money to buy and install them, and subsequently more time and effort to clean them. The only minor inconvenience is, during renovation and subsequent delivery and installation by various groups of people, they always requested to use the bathroom and they had to use the common bathroom.

dsc_0338.jpg

Kitchen looking out at yard before and after.

photo-30-8-13-3-57-13-pm.jpg

Installed a door between kitchen and yard, to keep out outside/downstairs noise and haze. There are no windows at the yard, it's good to ventilate the dogs area, but because i'm on a low floor, the noise from downstairs is really loud. The door is mostly left open, unless we need some quiet in the house such as when the child is doing his homework or when the haze is really bad and we switch on the aircon.

DSC_0399.JPG

Edited by elin1029

• Like 1

Yard looking out at kitchen before and after.

p1290338.jpg

Kitchen wall removed and the whole place looked much more spacious and brighter.

dsc_0345.jpg

Kitchen sink area before and after.

p1290321.jpg

Kitchen is much brighter after wall removed.

DSC_0400.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

Edited by elin1029

• Like 1

The before and after pictures show a great transformation of the house. :good:

I think the images make a big difference. Usually people take much nicer photos of the after look. The after pictures are edited to look brighter and sharper too :) I'm thinking if I do the same for the before pictures, people may be mistaken that these are pictures after renovation! heh...

I think the images make a big difference. Usually people take much nicer photos of the after look. The after pictures are edited to look brighter and sharper too :) I'm thinking if I do the same for the before pictures, people may be mistaken that these are pictures after renovation! heh...

Is your condo in Yew Tee area?

Common bathroom before and after.

p1290344.jpg

p1290347.jpg

Overhaul of common bathroom.

DSC_0589.JPG

DSC_0590.JPG

Rainshower was installed too low, didn't manage to resolve it :(

DSC_0592.JPG

Edited by elin1029

Master bathroom before and after.

p1290350.jpg

p1290352.jpg

Overhaul of master bathroom. Removed the wall separating bathtub and wash basin area.

DSC_0545.JPG

DSC_0541.JPG

Edited by elin1029

• Like 1

TV room before and after.

p1290372.jpg

p1290376.jpg

Removed built-in cabinet and japanese platform. Do your future home buyer a favour, don't get too many built-in stuff, very expensive to hack and remove! All my rooms have no built-in, prefer to buy furniture that can be moved around.

DSC_0459.JPG

DSC_0497.JPG

DSC_0520.JPG

Edited by elin1029

• Like 1

Kids room before and after.

photo-30-8-13-4-00-53-pm.jpg

p1290367.jpg

Removed all built-in stuff too, including a platform bed. Furniture mostly from ikea kids range. Colourful theme.

DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

DSC_0427.JPG

Edited by elin1029

• Like 2