Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elin1029

My First Renovation Experience

Paint you can transfer to small plastic bottles or throw since they will go bad anyway in due course, and you should be able to buy new cans as long as you have the colour code.

Tiles you may want to keep a few good ones. You never know when you need them, and it is not going to be easy to find the same type next time, unless your tile is very common type and colour.

Good! I really feel like throwing away the paint! How do we dispose of them? Is there a proper method of disposal?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi yes we recycle old plastic bottles (see-through). You can use an old funnel to aid pouring or cut half of a mineral water bottle and use it as an alternative to the funnel :)

For those who are interested, Yale is having some promotion at IT fair. Check out their price list at www.itfair.sg

I'm getting a digital lock installed later today.

For those who are interested, Yale is having some promotion at IT fair. Check out their price list at www.itfair.sg

I'm getting a digital lock installed later today.

Hope to see the picture after you have installed.

By the way how much does it cost during the promotion

From inside the house.

20140228-191724.jpg

From outside the house.

20140228-191739.jpg

Got it from My Digital Lock. The website listed $599 and I was going to have it installed on Wednesday but then they were fully booked. Then before they came down on Friday, I found out the IT fair promotion price was $499. Luckily they were able to give me the IT fair price. So it was a good thing they weren't able to come down on Wednesday.

This is Yale 4110 and can be programmed with up to 20 fingerprints and 1 master PIN. No keys no cards. But it fits my needs.

Need some advice here.

Yesterday I purchased the following items:

- Sony TV KDL60R550A

- Samsung blueray player BDF6500XS

- Samsung soundbar HW-F751

How should I connect them up? Bluray player to soundbar to TV? Or bluray player to TV to soundbar? Or what? Hdmi cable or optical cable?

Also, what is your personal preference - wall mount tv and soundbar or place them on a tv bench?

Edited by elin1029

Hi, may I know which laminated company and the code series of the laminated floor you engaged please advise and thank.

It's Kronotex Mammut series, the color code is Capital Oak Light. I must say this color is really good at hiding dirt and my dog's hair, which is not necessary a good thing because I may not find the need to sweep/vacuum when it's actually very dirty.

the lock looks quite cool

Arrrrgghhh i am super gian to get digital lock also after seeing so many doing it >.<

I'm loving it so far! Just programmed my mum's fingerprint into it and now she can come and go as she likes. I was too lazy to duplicate keys for her. :P

I keep the previous key lock. So when I travel, I'll lock that too for added security.

Go for it, especially if you hate to bring keys around, like me. :)

It's Kronotex Mammut series, the color code is Capital Oak Light. I must say this color is really good at hiding dirt and my dog's hair, which is not necessary a good thing because I may not find the need to sweep/vacuum when it's actually very dirty.

Hi ,

How do you find the installation of the flooring ?

Any problems with it so far ?

Thanks

I'm loving it so far! Just programmed my mum's fingerprint into it and now she can come and go as she likes. I was too lazy to duplicate keys for her. :P

I keep the previous key lock. So when I travel, I'll lock that too for added security.

Go for it, especially if you hate to bring keys around, like me. :)

Thanks for the information.

Will put this on KIV first as it is more of a good to have than need.

(*However the poison have seep in, think if the budget permits or as time goes longer a bit I will bound to get one) LoL ~

Hi ,

How do you find the installation of the flooring ?

Any problems with it so far ?

Thanks

Problem with installation by Kronotex or the floor itself? Kronotex installation quite standard.

As for the floor, this is their highest grade range, AC5, 12mm thick. Together with 4mm of underlay, it is 16mm of laminate flooring. I must say it feels quite good. Some friends have commented it doesn't feel like laminate floor. Even my French friend who dislikes the feel of laminate floor and strongly advised me against installing one. So far no problem. My dogs had accident on the floor several times and I quickly mopped up the pee. Can be a bit stressful in this respect as I can't watch over the dogs all the time and I don't want to confine them to the yard when I'm home. And this floor is quite stain and scratch resistant.

Something I'd like to highlight here. Kronotex charged me 10% wastages and we know they will never be used up. Of course they will not refund and will bring the leftover back. What happened was, we had an opening in one of the planks for electrical cables to the island, and contractor made a mistake in measurement. She asked Kronotex for one piece to replace but Kronotex refused to give. In the end contractor had to buy a box using her own money. I thought it was not very nice of Kronotex not to give since there must be leftover from the 10% wastage which I had paid for.

Another point to note is the coordination of laminate floor installation can be tricky if we get our own laminate floor. Contractor kept recommending Malaysian brands saying they are equally good but I had wanted Kronotex. So I got it on my own. Now laminate floor should be installed after all major works done but before carpentry. The date of installation kept shifting, at least three times. And after installation, the floor was not protected well during the subsequent carpentry works and there were scratches and glue marks all over the floor. I guess contractor didn't really care to protect it well since it wasn't done by them.

So these are some of the things to take note.