Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elin1029

My First Renovation Experience

Hahahah yea, I let you know again if I need? I have grey, so if u wan, I can pass u too. Then u can have multi color frames! Lolll.. But my painting is not complete, first coat only. Did u use oil or water sealer? Been wanting to ask u, what color is your bathroom huh? Love it! Not that I can regret and choose it now, but It's the color I like and perhaps can use it after a few years..

Where did u use your teal color ahh? Color of the year..

Btw, your jar of yellow paint reminds me of condense milk u know.... Hahahhahaa

For the photo frame? No I didn't use oil or water sealer. It was just an impromptu work in the midst of the chaos of transferring paint.

For the colours, credit must really go to my contractor assistant. When she passed me the Dulux booklet to choose colours, she suggested the colours for my master bathroom, common bathroom, living room, kitchen and yard. I went back and had a hard time choosing colours for master bedroom and the other two rooms. For the rest I decided to use her suggestions. It was not easy to visualize the colours just looking at a small patch in the booklet. Finally the result for both bathrooms turned out really great. Exactly what I had wanted in the first place. The code name for the bathroom is Maldivian Cloud. The colour from the website is quite different from the final colour on the wall.

20131216-224703.jpg

As for teal colour, code named Private Lagoon, it was used in the third bedroom which I previously didn't post any pictures of because it was used as the "storeroom". It was very messy with boxes of unpacked stuff like this:

20140223-030403.jpg

It has since been cleaned up (as much as I could) and now houses a TV. Still messy with the big TV and soundbar boxes which I'm supposed to keep for 7 days in case of problem with the appliances.

20140306-091238.jpg

20140306-091307.jpg

Edited by elin1029

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

how big is your TV elin?

I wanted a 70"!!! Went to the shop with the intention of getting one but finally couldn't bring myself to pay so much for a TV. Settled for a 60" and when the TV arrived I was glad I bought the smaller one. It looked big in the room. My sofa against the opposite wall is like 4m away so I could actually use a bigger one. Maybe next time when this TV spoils...

thank you! cos i wanted the same TV console and saw your TV to be bigger than that...

am aiming for a 55" so should be around e same size if mounted :D

I love the look of this and wanted one but experience tells me it also a dust collector, despite it is in a room and windows close all the time.

Indeed dust settles quite quickly and is clearly visible. But with the rest of the house mostly in white or light colour, I thought I'd like the entertainment room dark themed - black shelves, black fan, dark blue blinds, teal wall.

thank you! cos i wanted the same TV console and saw your TV to be bigger than that...

am aiming for a 55" so should be around e same size if mounted :D

ahhh... the Ikea Nittorp tv bench! I love it! See how neat my TV area is? Can't see any wire right? :) I placed the soundbar in the upper shelf, the blu-ray disc player and multi-point power extension cord in the lower shelf, everything is hidden from sight!

You getting the turquoise right? In my case, against the teal color wall, I should have gotten the dark grey one for the contrast, but I really liked the turquoise one, and in the end the heart won over the mind.

But the TV bench isn't as stable as I'd like. When you touch it, it would wobble a bit. I was afraid the TV might topple over and the consequence would be disastrous! Also, even the Ikea salesman said over time it would sag in the middle under the weight of the TV.

ahhh... the Ikea Nittorp tv bench! I love it! See how neat my TV area is? Can't see any wire right? :) I placed the soundbar in the upper shelf, the blu-ray disc player and multi-point power extension cord in the lower shelf, everything is hidden from sight!

You getting the turquoise right? In my case, against the teal color wall, I should have gotten the dark grey one for the contrast, but I really liked the turquoise one, and in the end the heart won over the mind.

But the TV bench isn't as stable as I'd like. When you touch it, it would wobble a bit. I was afraid the TV might topple over and the consequence would be disastrous! Also, even the Ikea salesman said over time it would sag in the middle under the weight of the TV.

yeaaa its pretty and hides e wire beriiiii the well!!! hopefully there is still stock by e time my house comes in haha. yea turquoise for me!

mount it up and get the contractor or to hide the cables inside the walls hehe

Edited by Takaishi

20140306-091238.jpg

Nice fan! Can share price, brand and model?

Indeed dust settles quite quickly and is clearly visible. But with the rest of the house mostly in white or light colour, I thought I'd like the entertainment room dark themed - black shelves, black fan, dark blue blinds, teal wall.

Still, it is a nice piece of furniture. Are they from Ikea?

Hi Elin ,

What tiles/laminate/vinyl you using for your bathroom ?

Awesome bathroom ~

Thanks. Those are tiles with wood pattern. Not that adventurous to use laminate in the bathrooms!

Nice fan! Can share price, brand and model?

Still, it is a nice piece of furniture. Are they from Ikea?

The fan is a crestar icol. From chan huat at balestier. Cost about 300+ with remote control.

And yes those shelves are from ikea.

For the photo frame? No I didn't use oil or water sealer. It was just an impromptu work in the midst of the chaos of transferring paint.

For the colours, credit must really go to my contractor assistant. When she passed me the Dulux booklet to choose colours, she suggested the colours for my master bathroom, common bathroom, living room, kitchen and yard. I went back and had a hard time choosing colours for master bedroom and the other two rooms. For the rest I decided to use her suggestions. It was not easy to visualize the colours just looking at a small patch in the booklet. Finally the result for both bathrooms turned out really great. Exactly what I had wanted in the first place. The code name for the bathroom is Maldivian Cloud. The colour from the website is quite different from the final colour on the wall.

20140306-091307.jpg

Oops, I mean sealer for your walls, not frames... Hahahahhaha

Yea.. Seeing so many colors is a challenge! My case is like.. I like this hue/oh that tone looks nice/ eh! Nice shade!/ candy crush color! Some more was browsing thru dulux n nippon. Woa.... Double attack. Not to mention online version! Personally I feel that the viewing online is different.. Contractor also highlighted that the variation online and the actual product can be quite a big difference as well. So catalogue was my reference book for awhile. Dulux has more to choose from, but my bro who is quite a handyman at home commented to me that he prefers nippon as he finds the other more diluted (he recently repainted his kids rooms himself using both brands respectively) so it's a case of "my brother says".. Lol.

Also have to choose water or oil sealer. Which I don have any idea what is that. SO has no clue either. Again, turn to contractor and brother to ask simi Lai de.

Finally came out with the 4 digits code. To be told that odorless easy wash n easy wash is different (prices too) ah, how I know.. In the end top up abit to save some brain cells n time.. Too relaxed; scared Kenna chased... :P

High five! You have the same design too? Any pictures of your place to share?

Sorry to hear about the missing tiles. But the cleaning service is so efficient that anything placed outside the house is gone immediately? Hmm, then why did I carry all my rubbish downstairs, I should just put them outside the house and they'd be cleared!

Did they leave behind spare tiles for you like they always do?

The living room is pretty similar i feel. Err...no pics leh. You PM me your email, i'll send some to you?

Nope, no more tiles. Not even 1 left! That is why i was so upset and Mr k just kept quiet.