Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All,

Recently did the reno for my mum through her friend's contractor. Works all done now except rectifications list not yet done. His initial quote was quite different from the final bill though we did make some changes here and there and the tiles we selected were rather ex but below $8psf

It was a full renovation with everything changed for a 4A resale flat. Just wondering whether do you guys think its a fair price.

The final bill made me think whether we should have gone to an ID in the first place and got a cheaper price.

Overview of Living room

iyq8.jpg

Sheng Tai, with TV feature wall and built in console besides

ammf.jpg

Shoe rack/cabinet

9pms.jpg

View of kitchen

9q0t.jpg

View of Kitchen 2

nlqh.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Did not take pics of masterbedroom though but it comes with wardrobe and a dresser.

Here are the bills (There are some duplicate/mistakes and have yet to tell contractor):

Bill page 1

icwd.png

Bill page 2

hiss.png

Bill page 3

rret.png

Any comments guys?

wow 83K? doesn't even look like a 40k renovation :S

can share the company of ID with me? Thanks. I'm interested to know.

He is not an ID. Just a contractor

Too late for you to ask right now right? I am contractor too. I don't think you sign at 83K for a 4rm with this kind of outcome. :notti:

Edited by ARl

Too late for you to ask right now right? I am contractor too. I don't think you sign at 83K for a 4rm with this kind of outcome. :notti:

lai since u contractor, how much u think this will cost?

Hi

May I know what was the initial quote from your contractor??? 83K for this is toooooooooooo exp....if 40k, i think is reasonable becoz u mention u used the tile quite exp...

Edited by Tirimisu

Haiz.. See this thread very sad.

Initial quote was abt 60+k but it was with china tiles. Then we changed to european tiles. Already told my mum that his quote was ex compared to another one we received which is slightly below 60k but my mum wanted to use him as he was highly recommended by her friend.

Anyway, those who say 40k can settle is too optimistic la. We did ask several IDs but they said to fully overhaul a 4a resale room, minimum would need about 50+k.

The reno done was extensive, lots of hacking and carpentry. A reasonable contractor quote should be about 50k with 5k tolerance either side. If you get the subcons and do your own supervision, 40k certainly possible. A quick glance at your contractor's bill shows individual items are at least 40% higher based on contractor pricing eg tempered glass door. You need to do some hard uncompromising bargaining.

The reno done was extensive, lots of hacking and carpentry. A reasonable contractor quote should be about 50k with 5k tolerance either side. If you get the subcons and do your own supervision, 40k certainly possible. A quick glance at your contractor's bill shows individual items are at least 40% higher based on contractor pricing eg tempered glass door. You need to do some hard uncompromising bargaining.

Thanks for your advice. We only paid 39k up to date. Hmmm, will have to pay hard ball n bargain now.

I just got a q

Haiz.. See this thread very sad.

Initial quote was abt 60+k but it was with china tiles. Then we changed to european tiles. Already told my mum that his quote was ex compared to another one we received which is slightly below 60k but my mum wanted to use him as he was highly recommended by her friend.

Anyway, those who say 40k can settle is too optimistic la. We did ask several IDs but they said to fully overhaul a 4a resale room, minimum would need about 50+k.

I just got 3 quotes for my 5I resale (1370 sqft). Highest quote - 77K before nego, includes removal of old and install new kitchen cabinets/counter tops, toilet cabinets, tables/cabinet for bedrooms, shelves for living room, change of windows, hacking of 2 walls, erection of 2 walls, change all wiring, wall/floor tiles, labour to install lighting, sanitary wares.

Price excludes: furniture, appliances, light fittings, sanitary wares.

Good luck nego'ing