Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Septh

My Castle In The Air

Week 5

Our toilets are more or less completed over the last week

This is master bath with WC and bath tub installed :)

IMG_6846.jpg

We solved our issue of ugly air con pipes in our master bath by covering it with tiles, look at the perfect joins! Super <3

IMG_6847.jpg

Common bath is also 90% complete, waiting for glass shower screen and vanity basin

IMG_6858.jpg

When we went over on Sunday, the workers were busy working on the marble flooring

IMG_6853.jpg

This marble has been causing a lot of headaches from the start! From being broken during delivering to running tones...I'm glad it's finally installed on the floor.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow, the aircon piping can withstand the weight of the tiles? :jawdrop:

why not? The air con trunking is secured tightly to the concrete wall and beside the tiles are not that heavy. My tiler used adhesive to paste the tiles onto the air con trunking

Week 4

It's been a month since I've started reno, although there were a few issues here and there, we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Managed to snap up an wooden extendable table and 2 chairs for our place at the International Furniture Fair last Thursday. It's now in my office as it's a display piece and had to be collected last sunday.

IMG_6746.jpg

My wetworks are progressing really well with installation of my bathtub complete

IMG_6743.jpg

My marble is in process too, pending replacement of some pieces which cracked during delivery

IMG_6730.jpg

and my false ceiling is also done and plastered but no pictures cuz it were already dark when I got there

I have also managed to confirm my basin and WC over the weekend, will be finally using my dream undermount basin for my common bath. :wub: Now the problem is I can't decide if my countertop should be white or black? Both has its own charm :unsure:

IMG_6706.png

IMG_6692.png

I would go for Black top :good:

Haven't received my place yet but this is one of my possible look for the bathroom :wub:

Great idea on covering the piping with the tiles :good:

By the way for the bathroom I will go for the first picture of white as it is more uniform with the theme of the house

(*Juz my 2 cents worth, hope this help)

I have also managed to confirm my basin and WC over the weekend, will be finally using my dream undermount basin for my common bath. :wub: Now the problem is I can't decide if my countertop should be white or black? Both has its own charm :unsure:

Your bathroom tiles look pretty dark to me. If it were me, would go for white countertop for the contrast :D

Hi Guys, thanks for your votes :)

However, the HB is leaning towards grey top atm, he does not like contrasting colours in 1 room :dunno: even our vanity laminate that we are going to choose will be greyish.

I bought most of my home's appliances at the Gain City expo over the weekend,

Electrolux 7kg Frontload Washer

electrolux_ewp-10742.jpg

Electrolux 7kg Dryer

electrolux_edv-7051.jpg

EF built in oven

BOAE62A-500x500.png

EF 2 Induction Hob, EF cooker hood and Hitachi side-by-side fridge in Silver glass :wub: Will take more photos once it's installed

Week 6

We finally have lights in our homes! No more using handphone light when we pop over in the evening.

Initially we were quite worried that our lightings will not be bright enough as we taobao-ed in mainly spotlights and LED strips, we even went to a light shop to "enquire" about the brightness of the same spotlights and the salesman told us spotlights will definitely be dark and advised us to mix and match flood lights with spotlights...ewww :bleah:

Luckily for us, our beautiful spotlights are super bright!

Living room

IMG_6891.jpg

Walkway to the room

IMG_6888.jpg

Bedroom 2

IMG_6892.jpg

Even our bowler hat lights are up too :wub:

IMG_6923.jpg

We got all our lightings from taobao and so far we've spent about $1k on lights. The light shops in Sg we saw are selling similar lights for 10x the price in taobao :jawdrop: So I guess it's money well spent. Ta-da for now, my tiler says he can finishing polishing my floor by this week and I will get him to do housekeeping becuz his workers kinda left all their tools, shovel etc etc in my tiny kitchen -_-" making the space very messy :no:

Week 7 & 8

Hello guys, it's been a while since I updated this...becuz there hasn't been much to see. These past 2 weeks we have gotten the works done which aren't really the visual type, it's more on the back end such as fixing switches like these... hehe

IMG_7035.jpg

And when it's switched on...

IMG_7041.jpg

In case you're wondering what's the big deal with this switch?

They are part of our smart home in the making which includes motorised curtains and controlling our lights/ac from our phones whenever connected to wifi :thumbs up:

Look! What's shinny and polished?.... Nope, not diamonds... :ph34r:

Its.............................................................................marble!

IMG_7069.jpg

Photo spam!!!

IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg

Ok, thats it for now.

This sat my air-con and vinyl flooring will be installed...that we mark the completion of the flooring. After that we shall look forward to....THE CARPENTERS! :jammin:

Hello! Interested in the concept of smart home ;)

How much did it cost for the switch? and projected cost of making the entire home smart??

• Like 1

Hi 😊we got those switches from taobao, it's about S$30 for 1 switch... We bought 4, 2 working fine the other 2 worked fine initially but now seems to be haywire so we r importing again 😔

It's a risk we take when buying from tb becuz it's way cheaper than getting from sg

1 set consist of 1 modem looking thing (IR blaster) about S$50 and at least 1 switch S$30

• Like 1

Even our bowler hat lights are up too :wub:

IMG_6923.jpg

We got all our lightings from taobao and so far we've spent about $1k on lights. The light shops in Sg we saw are selling similar lights for 10x the price in taobao :jawdrop: So I guess it's money well spent. Ta-da for now, my tiler says he can finishing polishing my floor by this week and I will get him to do housekeeping becuz his workers kinda left all their tools, shovel etc etc in my tiny kitchen -_-" making the space very messy :no:

can share the link to the bowler hat light? :)