Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

More zabalang stuff purchased on Taobao...see the shopping addict in me? Just that I'm switching from buying clothing to household stuff now...LOL

I'm using Peeka as I'm getting smaller stuff... I guess all those experts out there would have some other forwarder to go to who are much much cheaper.

These were ordered around earlier May actually and came on a ship 22 May. They reached SG yesterday afternoon (Peeka will SMS you when it arrives in SG's warehouse in Eunos) and the parcels were delivered to my place around 10pm same day.

This item gave me a mini heart attack. Saw this rust looking stain on it...I was thinking 'Oh No! Need to play email ping-pong with Peeka already!'

Just 死马当活马医, tried to use a bit of dish-cleaning detergent...and it washed right off, easy! Must be some dirt stain and not that this thing is rusty....

IMG_3433_zpse2ea9b50.jpg

So here it is on my kitchen counter :

IMG_3437_zps98f030ab.jpg

The very cute stainless steel container I got for my salt. Looks good, but a bit small. 500g salt package cannot fit all leh....think has about capacity of 300g only as I am left with slightly less than half a pack of salt.

IMG_3439_zpsbf33bec2.jpgIMG_3440_zps785b1761.jpg

Very mini dustbin I got, just 7L...haven't removed the plastic cover on the lid. Came protected with styrofoam in box and a big 'fragile' word on the carton. Arrived with no dents, no scratches.The rubbish chute for my place is outside my unit. Just wanted something small to contain a single day's rubbish for throwing.

Lid or no lid, leftover food scraps left overnight smells VERY BAD by the next day....in my open concept kitchen, I can smell it from my living room. I don't think I have dog's nose leh...smellls really Ewww....

I try to throw the rubbish on the same night or next morning.

IMG_3443_zps1c7fbad6.jpg

Edited by koori

Dehub mop or misc holder. Looks very plasticky. Not sure if it really holds up as good as they advertise. Tried one, will update if it falls, or not. LOL....After locking it I did try to pull it off and it was quite firmly stuck on my tile wall, just not sure how it will hold up over time and once water hits the wall. :P

IMG_3430_zps9a8d59d2.jpg

IMG_3432_zps20618830.jpg

Washing powder container, fits about 3KG of washing powder.

IMG_3446_zpsb7198a70.jpg

IMG_3448_zps745027ca.jpg

Misc glass containers with stainless steel & acrylic lids. These came in a box so heavily protected with styrofoam that i was puzzled when I just opened the box....All I saw were white styrofoam.....

IMG_3445_zpsc7dbfeee.jpg

Hi, really like the clock you bought from TB, wondering how much does it cost including the courier fees in Sing dollars??

Thanks.

Clock itself is S$14.50. Shipping fees wise....I bought with a lot of other things like the side tables, bedsheets, etc...I didn't bother to calculate individual shipping for each item since it's all mine for use, not reselling them so dun need to do costing. LOL.

I used sea freight with Peeka and it is based on the package size in cubic centimetre.

For your reference, cubic centimetre = (Length x height x breath).

Great purchase from TB. :good:

May consider a few items which you got.

:) I'm not expert. Just posted those I think are worth posting. Haha...

Hi koori,

Can pm me your contractor Alex's contact? Thank u.

Hi. PM-ed.

hi..

the doorway between br2 and mbr is it narrow? any problem to shift furniture.

intend to relocate my mbr entrance like yours but all id say too narrow.

check measurement is similiar to your floor plan...just wonder why they say cannot.

hi..

the doorway between br2 and mbr is it narrow? any problem to shift furniture.

intend to relocate my mbr entrance like yours but all id say too narrow.

check measurement is similiar to your floor plan...just wonder why they say cannot.

Hi. I didn't measure the exact measurements, I noticed it is challenging to move bigger framed furniture during the move-in / purchasing furniture phase.

For example, 8 ft wardrobe in my MBR, workers carrying it had to go lengthwise, then one of the workers has to back into BR2 for the other worker to move the other end to MBR then the worker has to back up with it to be able to bring the wardrobe into the room.

My wardrobe is actually 4 separate of 2 ft pieces fitted together with screws....I have zero custom capentry so I'm not sure if that will cause problems.

Not a concern to me with regards to the difficult to move furniture since I don't move furniture between rooms at all...Daily use wise, don't feel it is narrow.

Hey koori.

Congrats on your successful Reno.

I'm a newbie in this forum as well as to renovations.

Could u please send me your contractor's contact details?

Thanks so much.