Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LionFlyer

Single 4Br Hdb Reno

Today the wardrobes were installed. My contractor was telling me that the wall was not even and is likely to have big gap for the wardrobe. Didn't know how bad it is, anyone have an idea how to fix this? I am tempted to just leave it as is.

UXvSRATl.jpg

v4mGPw0l.jpg

5TmMzQNl.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Will be best not to leave gaps behind the wardrobe as it can become hiding places for creepy crawlies that are out of our reach..

Not sure how big it is.. If not too big, can ask the contractor to silicon the gap?

How much does it cost to revarnish the parquet floor?

For three of my rooms(around 420 sq ft), it cost me $800 dollars. I was quoted $600 by a third party contractor for anything less than 500 sq ft to re-varnish, but decided to save on the convenience on the scheduling and let me contract do it.

Will be best not to leave gaps behind the wardrobe as it can become hiding places for creepy crawlies that are out of our reach..

Not sure how big it is.. If not too big, can ask the contractor to silicon the gap?

Yah, will ask contractor to seal. The previous owner also do wardrobe in same place and he used silicon to seal too.

Can get the expanding foam to seal up the gaps.

I think he may have made a mistake. I know because I looked for the same lights here in Singapore and was quoted between around $65 per light or $195 for a set of three at two different shops (the other one quoted me $190).

where u find it for $195 for set of 3? OMG

Hey, on the open net cable, did the owner fix that before u bought or u ask open net to come down to fix it? Mine doesn't come with open net and looks like I might need to tear the false ceiling to hide the open net cables when they fix it... Argh

Hey, on the open net cable, did the owner fix that before u bought or u ask open net to come down to fix it? Mine doesn't come with open net and looks like I might need to tear the false ceiling to hide the open net cables when they fix it... Argh

The OpenNet was fixed by the former owner and it cost $220 to relocated by OpenNet.

If you are doing the false ceiling and you want the OpenNet fiber cable to run through it, you need to ask your contractor to provide flexible trunking with a string inside from the start point to the end point so that OpenNet people can pull the cable for you when they come down. Otherwise, if your false ceiling is already done, then too bad, they can't do anything bout it. My one was that case, and I run the cable along the skirting of the floor.

The other alternative suggested by the OpenNet contractor is to do a simple OpenNet installation at any easily accessible place. Then ask your contractor to lay CAT5 cable to the point you want and this will be cheaper. The ONT is basically a fibre to ethernet converter anyway.

Edited by LionFlyer

The OpenNet was fixed by the former owner and it cost $220 to relocated by OpenNet.

If you are doing the false ceiling and you want the OpenNet fiber cable to run through it, you need to ask your contractor to provide flexible trunking with a string inside from the start point to the end point so that OpenNet people can pull the cable for you when they come down. Otherwise, if your false ceiling is already done, then too bad, they can't do anything bout it. My one was that case, and I run the cable along the skirting of the floor.

The other alternative suggested by the OpenNet contractor is to do a simple OpenNet installation at any easily accessible place. Then ask your contractor to lay CAT5 cable to the point you want and this will be cheaper. The ONT is basically a fibre to ethernet converter anyway.

Anyway I still need to pay to get them down for installation right? I am trying not to touch the existing false ceiling.. Now looks like I have no choice but to tear the false ceiling down

Anyway I still need to pay to get them down for installation right? I am trying not to touch the existing false ceiling.. Now looks like I have no choice but to tear the false ceiling down

Depends. If you don't have OpenNet at your new house now, if you sign up plan with the telco, they will subsidize the cost of the OpenNet installation.

But I think to tear down the false ceiling in order to install OpenNet is just too extreme. Just ask your contractor for advice lor, whether they can run the trunking for you.

Depends. If you don't have OpenNet at your new house now, if you sign up plan with the telco, they will subsidize the cost of the OpenNet installation.

But I think to tear down the false ceiling in order to install OpenNet is just too extreme. Just ask your contractor for advice lor, whether they can run the trunking for you.

Ya I think I wait for the id to advise... Cos looking at the layout of my flat.. The living room is v far away from the main door... I would imagine the connection will come in by the wall from the dining all the way to the tv point.. Gosh.. 有够丑的