Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rubypumps

Where Did You Buy Your Led Downlights From?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi sforshor

Pls PM me the contact for your LED lights. Need them urgently. Thanks so much. Appreciate your contribution to all of us here doing Reno.

I've been a passive member of this forum for quite a few years now and its always been interesting the good stuff you can find with a bit of elbow grease, aka reading the various topics, and all this could not have been possible if not for helpful souls like bro Shor.

I got the contact from Shor and immediately went about doing my homework. Of course there were 2 other LED suppliers lined up to quote for my house. Let me be upfront and say that the contact was not the cheapest...for good reason. As Bro Shor has mentioned in his past mails, its cos of the quality and superior performance of the merchandise (I'll get to that part later) Whilst the others were offering me stuff at a cheaper cost, including coming onsite to do a recce and following up with a lighting plan submission, fact is that the other suppliers all recomended me to use 20W downlights (8") for adequate brightness. Shor's contact on the other hand was confident of his product being 10-15% brighter watt for watt that he suggested 12W downlights (5.5") instead. He even offered me the flexibility of doing a mock up room to make sure that the particular lights were adequate to allay my fears. Skeptical I was but the notion of penny wise pound foolish kept nagging at me. Decision made...I went with with Shor's contact.

It was clear once I switched on the lights for the first time after installation that Bro Shor's contact knew what he was talking about....the lights were awesome!! The living and dining rooms were bathed in light...not glaringly bright...not slightly under bright where reading a book will put a strain on the eyes. As Goldilocks would say....It was just right!!

As for the superior performance, it was just cemented this evening when I went to a relative's place to check out his new place. He had gone with 1 of the other supplier which also quoted for me and went for the 20W downlights. By comparison, my living room is bigger than his, so the fact that my setup of 8x12W (5.5") downlights vs his setup of 8x20W (8") for the living room was able to match the brightness and distribution of light amazed me. Simply put...lesser energy consumption and lesser eyesore...8" downlights are really big!!

So there you have it....yes this is only my 2nd post and many might scoff at how genuine it is it but hey, I don't believe in time wasting and BS write ups.

Also please look for bro Shor for the contact...I'm just here to share with all my happy outcome.

Bro Shor, thanks for the contact! Keep up the good work!!

Cheers!

Edited by Decaf

• Like 1