Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weezersg

Another 3-Room Resale Reno

Finally hacking will start in 3 days time, though the flat on 1st glance seem to be in reasonable condition, you can even say move in condition if you are not too fussy, everything will go. Initially I had wanted to keep the kitchen as it seem a waste to hack it down but on closer inspection, cannot make it lah , so what the heck might as well everything new.

So here are some pictures before the hacking begins.

gallery_5638_293_36818.jpg

view from front door toward living

gallery_5638_293_37752.jpg

view foyer toward kitchen

gallery_5638_293_10917.jpg

entrance

gallery_5638_293_26120.jpg

kitchen

Flooring will be using super white nano crystallized glass tiles through out except bedrooms

Edited by weezersg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Another oddity of an old flat

gallery_5638_293_337.jpg

I think is the gas piping running through the middle of the flat, really ugly. I wont be using gas for anything so this will be boxed up

The 2 bedrooms, one is squarish while the other is slightly bigger rectangular shape.

gallery_5638_293_3778.jpg

The parquet flooring will be replaced with pergo laminate.

This is a really interesting 3-room resale layout... What is the floor area? I can see lots of way to play with the space planning!

Songz :

Currently the passage to the bedrooms is wall-up and that space is used as a wardrobe. But I will break down the wall to allow passage again.

Makanology :

The floor area is 72sqm. The toilet/shower will combined as one space. My theme..quite unusual from most here, maybe not everyone like...it will be quite 'chinese style' I have lots of chinese furniture and also bought some old chinese window frame and door frame which will be incorporated into the design. I realised most people like modern look. Anyway see how it goes.

Sherting :

Yes you are spot on, mei ling st it is. Yeah my dog will be able to run in circle around the house. You sold your house long ago?

Went to check today, like a warzone, should be work done last Friday, the 1st day of reno.

gallery_5638_293_2030.jpg

Top left : passage from bedrooms to kitchen

bottom left : the wall sealing the passage from living room to bedrooms broken down, can see the line on the wall where it used to be.

right : the living room

Songz :

Currently the passage to the bedrooms is wall-up and that space is used as a wardrobe. But I will break down the wall to allow passage again.

Makanology :

The floor area is 72sqm. The toilet/shower will combined as one space. My theme..quite unusual from most here, maybe not everyone like...it will be quite 'chinese style' I have lots of chinese furniture and also bought some old chinese window frame and door frame which will be incorporated into the design. I realised most people like modern look. Anyway see how it goes.

Sherting :

Yes you are spot on, mei ling st it is. Yeah my dog will be able to run in circle around the house. You sold your house long ago?

Bingo! The 2 glass panels beside the door are so "Mei Ling St design". LOL. Do you retain the original door gate? Old school charm. I miss my old house! The exterior of the flat looks like condominium too! So nice! Good choice you have made! Looking forward to more of your completed house reno pictures! Have a smooth reno journey!

Edited by sherting

Bingo! The 2 glass panels beside the door are so "Mei Ling St design". LOL. Do you retain the original door gate? Old school charm. I miss my old house! The exterior of the flat looks like condominium too! So nice! Good choice you have made! Looking forward to more of your completed house reno pictures! Have a smooth reno journey!

:good: haha I am sure you missed Mei Ling st, I bought not just becoz I like the flat but also the estate, which has a market/hawker centre and also numerous type of shops at ground level of each block, very convenient, very old charming place and slight hilly terrain. Yeah the exterior is quite neat with small lobby with lift serving 4 units.

The designs are quite unique and HDB actually built them in 1970, well the lease start in 1970, so Mei Ling st is one of the oldest estate. But the govt did a great job as almost all blks are upgraded so everything is nice and clean.

Yes the main door and the metal gate is very retro but will not fit my reno style. I will replace the door and change the glass panelling to frosted type not the original where they have the wires running through the glass. The panelling is good idea to retain as it allows light to filter through so it will brighten the foyer area. There will be no metal gate install. I think Singapore is quite safe, I really dun like grill of any sorts.

Well, currently the contractor is running the electrical rewiring, aircon piping, water piping etc, so there is nothing to update for a while.

So far electrical works and water pipe routing has been done/in progress and the aircon contractor has also lay all the ducts required.

Next week tiling should start.

Some pics of progress.

gallery_5638_293_22000.jpg

gallery_5638_293_1100.jpg

gallery_5638_293_11319.jpg

The separate toilet and bath are combined into one, the piping all will be covered up