Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sforshor

I Am Small But I Have All

I bought this in Aliexpress. But cannot recalled. I think I did post somewhere in my Blog

i went through all the post and ali express but cannot find the hanging light that you brought...u remember the seller in ali express?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i went through all the post and ali express but cannot find the hanging light that you brought...u remember the seller in ali express?

Hi

I try to recall ok. I post it here once I recalled.

Does aliexpress ship directly to Sg?no ideas what's the hype with led lights. Maybe I should go read about i

Yes they deal direct with you. So far the DHL very fast 3-5 days arrive. But more Ex than TB

i see. i have yet to try shoppping from aliexpress, heard some negative reviews bout it.

Got people praise sure got people whack. All are just luck. But did a lot of shopping online, if you really want me to chosse one, I prefer AE.

Hi Sforshor..

Congratulations on your lovely new home..! its really nice with all those lightings put together..

I am in the process of getting my reno done as well..

Can you please be so kind and pm me your contact for the LEDs and carpenters please?

I have a little different layout for my kitchen and its giving me a headache.. hehe..

Perhaps will share my reno journey once its ongoing..

Looking forward to hear from you..

Thank you..

:yamseng:

Edited by KimNaNa

Hi Sforshor..

Congratulations in your lovely new home..! its really nice with all those lightings put together..

I am in the process of getting my reno done as well..

Can you please be so kind and pm me your contact for the LEDs and carpenters please?

I have a little different layout for my kitchen and its giving me a headache.. hehe..

Perhaps will share my reno journey once its ongoing..

Looking forward to hear from you..

Thank you..

:yamseng:

Hi friend,

before a Reno, many people will be like you, " Headache ".... trust me, the more headache you have , the real headache will approach. Stay cool, stay firm and do lot's of research. Stay on the computer whenever you have time, scroll through, search for things you want, email, call or even visit the suppliers etc.

One word, cannot be lazy afterall it's you house. Most people will not have "experience" on renovation, afterall we don't renovate our house once a year, so research counts all. I have to admit, before my Reno, I also very headache, don't know where to start.... but times come, you will automatically know what is the next step....... Search whatever items before hand, don't wait until last minute, at least you have time for option.

The rest I had already written in my Blog, Good luck and remember to post.

• Like 2

Hi sforshor,

Cant send private message to you. Would appreciate if you could provide me with the contact of the LED distributor you got those LED from.

thank

Hi,

Can share the link of your rainshower? Can't seem to find it anyone in the thread haha.

Btw, can pm me your led distributor's contact too?

Thanks

I am just like many people, doing all sorts of research works before engaging a Renovation company for our renovation. From price to quality , these are very taxing. I am a silent reader in this forum since mid 2013, indeed this forum is the best of the best gathering infos people shared here.

I also realized, there are many competitors inhere, so some are here for self promotion and some are here to comment on their competitors.

I really gain a lot of knowledge in here, now is time for me to share. From searching an housing agent to my renovation finish. I will not comment on the products, shops, person and renovation work now as all these are still on going, but I have input the searching and purchasing part.

Here are some tips to share, starting from a housing agent. This is just a resale 3 room, but I really want it to progress smoothly..................... so I started searching for the area I had in my mind. This way it will be easier and faster getting your desire flat. If you have many areas in mind, it will take slightly longer. For my case, I took only 4 days to purchased an unit. Please note, chose an agent who is driving. Why I said this? Try getting an agent to serve you, whatever unit you shortlisted or if the agent is hardworking enough, he/she will do the homework for you. Tell the agent what you looking for, when all are sorted out, let this agent drive you around to view all the units.

I am very lucky to have this agent serving me, and very clear cut, I bought from her. Patient and hardworking is her reward and yes, she is driving.

After the paper signed, basically you have 6weeks ( 1st appt ) + 6weeks ( 2nd appt )to search for a renovation company, many people use the Renotalk portal and after submitting, you will get dozens and dozens of emails and calls. From my experience, do not meet more than 5 IDs approaching you, you will get very confuse in the end. Try to contact them by emails, phones and shortlist about 5 to meet personally. See how the proposals are. This part is really taxing. I will not write anything about my ID first, because Reno is on going and I will try to update here day by day.

When you had sort out who to engaged, another hectic part will be, buying things for your new house, Lighting, Furniture, Appliances blah blah........ This needs a lot of research. I read a lot here, came across a Blog a friend bought many many items from Tao Bao, at that time, I tell myself, he/she must be crazy......... But when I did my own shopping comparing products and prices, I gave that forummer a thumb up by using Tao Bao.

Just said my lighting, I bought a numbers of hanging crystal pendants. I shop around in Singapore lighting house, comparing apple to apple. But the items I found is ridiculously expensive. Let's say it this way, 85% of lighting in Singapore come from China, many people do not want to involve in on line shopping is the troublesome of handling the after sales........ I am one of them. You might think, How if the items don't arrive, how if the items arrive damage, how if this how if that. If that is the case, I will say, buy it in Singapore shop paying at least 3-5 times more than you shop yourself online. For example, I saw a Crystal hanging dining table light in Singapore which offer me $880. I bought it online, EXACTLY the same light ........... for........... $220 includes shipping. Somehow, the risk is still there buying on line, this is just my call, you can always have your decision.

I will update my Reno day by day. Recommend the good and Comments the bad. The Kai Meng ( OPEN DOOR ) ritual had perform, now waiting for the Reno to start in days time...........

This is the 3D my Id propose and it will be exactly what I want..... all lightings and furniture were purchase before the Reno starts...... I brought my ID and show him what are the items will be like, at least the 3D came out very similar .

kn39.jpg

reky.jpg

Hi.. your lighting looks good.. can you PM me on how to buy items online from China.. BTW, I am non-chinese :bow:

Reno finally completes. 36 days excluding Sat & Sun. Some auspicious procedures followed by some beers. Now the headache begins, unpacking.......

Some touch up work needs to apply, taking this forum to thank a few guys I met during this reno, very impressive! Will upload photos after deco.

- ID : Mr Javerson ( you did a good job, keep it up bro . I must praise you here, you are a very helpful & creative Designer. Without your cordination, it will not be so smooth. THANKS bro )

- LED down light & Strips : Mr Gary ( thanks your product is top grade and you are very helpful )

- Home appliaces ( Bryan & Su, best price offered )

- Faucet, hanging light and Rain shower ( Ali )

- Furniture ( forty two, Silver River, Star living , Tao Bao )

- Air Con ( Mitsubishi Electric Mr Chin )

- Mirror - ( Frame & Glass )

- Curtain ( Mr Lim Yong Meng curtain Enterprise )

- Switch & Sockets ( Choo Chiang )

- Wrought Iron Gate, Doors & Glass ( Dr Doors)

- Windows & Grilles ( My Eric )

- Bathroom ( Hoe Kee )

- Ceiling lights ( BL Singapore lighting Miss Lee Ming )

itq9.jpg

This will takes at least a week to unpack

9pnl.jpg

Huat ahhhhhhh

rjs3.jpg

Will finish this off tonight....haha

Brothers who pm me.... I had replied, all contacts sent to you guys already. Good Luck!

Hi Sforshor,

Congrats! on your successful completion of reno.. Wish you all the very best!

Please PM me the contacts of your ID, Home appliances, curtains and ceiling lights..

TIA

Hi Sforshor,

Congrats! on your successful completion of reno.. Wish you all the very best!

Please PM me the contacts of your ID, Home appliances, curtains and ceiling lights..

TIA

I had pm you my ID & LED lights contacts. As for all my home appliances, I had written how I manage to buy it from one chain..... somewhere in my Blog. For the curtains, not recommended .

I said before, I will ONLY recommend those I felt worth must includes, price, service, workmanship attitude & friendliness. Else I don't bother to mention. For the curtain, the man who did it has attitude problem, so I will not write a single thing about them.

Edited by sforshor

This distributor told me it's not so nice for him to post his company and contact publicly. Because he distributes to retails. people received my pm will know what I mean. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi can pm me the contact too. Thks