Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AppleChua86

Brick Textured Mdf Board

Hi all, I am very keen to have a brick wall for my new home. Have talked to one of the IDs and he suggested MDF board and one of the reason is it's easier to clean compared to craftstones. Any views? What will be the pros and cons? I can't find much reviews on the net so please advice :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sometimes I buy cheap MDF boards and tables from Ikea. I don't mind because I don't need those boards and tables to last. A small table can be as low as $15. Personally I will not use MDF for feature walls if I want my feature wall to last.

It's like buying a burger - MDF is like a meat patty with 50% meat & 50% flour & miscellaneous. If I would like 80%-100% meat, then I will go Burger King. It's almost lunch time and I'm hungry so using this to illustrate. Or you can think of parquet VS laminate. Parquet is real wood, laminate is man-made artificial version.

MDF is a mixture of various materials together to create a brick texture. Usually we are not told what materials were used for manufacturing.

How much are you quoted for the MDF board and craftstones?

Edited by gemini

Interesting illustration. Make me so hungry. :P Still waiting for the quote. But the ID States that it is lasting. Dunno whether to believe a not. He mentioned another couple did choose MDF over craftstones as craftstones will have gaps which trap dust etc.

Hi all, I am very keen to have a brick wall for my new home. Have talked to one of the IDs and he suggested MDF board and one of the reason is it's easier to clean compared to craftstones. Any views? What will be the pros and cons? I can't find much reviews on the net so please advice :)

Hi,

i want to achieve brick wall look for one of my wall in the living room (7100mm). Went to one of the ID and he quote me appx $7000 for that 7100mm wall, and my jaw just dropped in front of him. I thought it may only cost 2K-3K.

I have no confidence in DIY as well as I read a few that some bricks may fall. so i wanna leave it to the experienced in the industry. But 7K is really overpriced and im really on a very tight budget!

If you or anyone have a better quote, kindly pm me to share pls! Thank you!

I am also interested in having such finishing for one part of my walls in the living room. If anyone manage to get a good quote, do share with me too.