Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest YingLing Eng

Fernvale Riverbow

Guest YingLing Eng

Reading so many T-Blog makes me want to start my own t-blog! getting our keys in Qtr 4, but we started out search for ID, but yet to shortlist any.

- plan to merge study room with the master bedroom, so that we can fit in WIW.

- considering an open concept kitchen, but kitchen is so close to living room, very worried that cooking will smell the whole house :(

- island top that acts as the dining table if we do open concept.

- feature wall at the main entrance, perhaps some partion or feature wall to conceal the bathroom toilet, because it seems quite unsightly to have common bathroom facing the living room! :angry2:

Really cant decide.. :help:

Some IDs have approached us.. But we have yet to confirm any..

here the floor plan.. thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!. :good:

gallery_61645_416_43577.jpg

Edited by YingLing Eng

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your house looks very huge and you have lot of options to play with for this kind of layout.

Unless your common toilet is not frequently used, you can install a tick tack door for the feature wall covering your common toilet. If you merge the study with the MBR to create a WIW, all your bedrooms door will be aligned in one straight line which I find it very awkward. The MBR toilet opening facing the MBR entrance is also another privacy issue which you might want to relocate the entrance.

Guest YingLing Eng

Hi deadend. Thanks for the very constructive comments as I also thought that it is awkward to have a door in a straight line.

We know that it is impossible to do feature wall that stretch all the way from the living room till the end of bedroom 3, that will cost us a bomb. Maybe we will use paint to try concealing the doors? Have anyone tried painting their doors same color as the wall?

Or is it better to do a partition to conceal all three doors... Sigh.. Too much options are a problem too.

Thanks for pointing out the MBR bathroom door issue! Didn't thought of that... Now one more things in the list to think...

Guest YingLing Eng

Hi evelyn83! Which block are u taking? I am taking 416b! Have u started looking for Id?

Thanks deadend. I will ask my id what they can suggest..

Guest YingLing Eng

I have PM you. Thanks in advance.

Below is what I plan to do... Typing while on the move..

1. Hack down the master bedroom wall to merge the study room with the master bedroom.

2. Relocate the master bedroom door, yet to decide exact location.

3. Install storage heater, create a vanity top (solid surface) & cabinet at both bathroom,

4. Install kitchen sink, tap.

5. design & fabricate kitchen cabinet - 20ft top and bottom - iquartz surface top come with blacksplash, one tall unit about 3ft

6 Design & fabricate T.V Console 8ft

7. Design & fabricate feature wall for living room full or half height. 8ft

8. Full height wardrobe for master bedroom with sliding door -12ft

9. feature wall with tick tac door for the entrance wall to the common bathroom.

10. Ceiling works at living room, dining area, walkway, and all bedroom

11. TV console in master bedroom

12. Pd door for common bathroom door and master bedroom door

13. Working table suspending in master bedroom

14. Bay window in living room or master bedroom (one or the other)

15. supply and install windows at service yard.

16,Tempered glass shower screen w/ swinging door for master toilet for master bedroom and common bathroom

17. Shoe cabinet to be incorporated with the DB box

We got quotes ranging from 26-43k. :( didn't get too many fantastic ideas.... We are looking out for more.

Think the picture of the floorplan did not come out.

You may want to edit and repost.

By the way good luck for the upcoming Reno

Ya can't see the layout as well. You got quite a lot of ideas for your house =) can't imaging how the 3D will look like~ 12ft wardrobe that very big!

Sorry, my guest account was deleted, not sure issit because i connected to Facebook. anyway,i have reattached my floor plan.

gallery_62111_3_24734.jpg

We spoke to some IDs... but we still cannot decide where to put our WIW in the master bedroom. We saw some designs online, whereby the WIW is linked to the bathroom. But that will mean that we need to hack the master bedroom wall to merge with the study room.

Option 1: Build hollow block at study room, not required to hack the bedroom wall, use that as a TV console & feature wall. But looking at this, wardrobe will be close to 22 ft, and I do not have a working table for my laptop and a dresser..

gallery_62111_430_37548.jpg

Option 2:

Having wardrobe, dresser and work table, but more cluttered! :(

gallery_62111_430_7785.jpg

Option 3: Only one WIW in the master bedroom.

gallery_62111_430_37.jpg

WIW means no door for wardrobe... but i am worried about the tidiness and dust. maybe at the end, i will opt for sliding doors for wardrobe.

Queen size bed frame to be custom made, as the wall is protruding out, if i use partition to even up the wall, i will waste some space, although buying bedframe will be cheaper than carpentry work.

Kitchen: open concept.

Ceiling works: Whole house, false ceiling, L box.

Wall painting: might use wallpaper for living room (outside master bedroom till bedroom 2) due to the uneven walls after partition up the study room. :( sigh.. I heard so much bad reviews about wallpaper. or maybe I should choose Nippon momento paint that to create special effects..

Aircon: whole house.

Please let us know if you see any points that we should note or any comments on the options that we have! We need a lot of ideas, especially comments from you experts out there who are experienced and know alot about reno. :) :) As this is our first home, we are very lost! Thanks in advance..while we continue our search for ids, and more ideas.....

Keys collection in Qtr 4.... 3 more months to go.....

For my case I will vote for the following :

1. Nippon Momento Wall (Actually for my feature wall, I am also pondering over wall paper and momento)

2. Kitchen : Do you have aircon in Living room, if yes I will propose you do a door. However pls note that when you cook, smell and etc will go into the living room

3. Ceiling : this really depend on how you want the lightings to be in the house, 1 thing good about false ceiling is that all cables and trunking will be hidden away.

hope this help

Hi there! I am from 415B!!! We might be bumping into each other next time!=) I also looking around other blog here... lot ppl actually recommend mr k. Did u get a quote from him?