Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Freb, can pm me on how to go about the appeal for free cement screed pls? Thanks!

Hi Freb

Nice sofa.

Can share where in Jb and how was the delivery made?

Cost as well if possible please.

Thank you very much in advance!

hi Freb

I'm sourcing for ID to renovate my resale unit. Can u please pm me your ID's contact? TIA!

PMed!

yeah, my ID told me he will check it out before rectification, i told him no need rectify just hack off n redo since there is no way to shift the tiles now. rmb we r their pay master...no compromise...

yes aircon for all 3 rooms n living room, above the doors. will be doing sliding tempered glass door for WIW.

Sorry to see this kind of workmanship.

Actually, even if redoing the feature wall using the same type of tile, the result would be bad also. I let you think about it first.

(It is all too common to take a 3D drawing as a detailed drawing; it is not but a concept drawing that helps one to visualize a design. The ID should also produce a detailed drawing, in this case, showing the tiling schematic with precision right down to the thickness of the gap or grout lining, and the dimension of each tile. Only then the tile is ordered, and if necessary cut to the right dimension, before applying to the wall.

For carpentry, it is common that the 3D producer (or even the ID himself) has no or very little knowledge of how a carpentry piece is to be constructed. Without a detailed drawing, then we would see variations in the thickness of the frames, the depth of the backing if the carpentry piece is to be attached etc when it is constructed by a professional carpenter.

There are many of these examples published by ID firms in Renotalk; check out the details of 3D vs actual.

It is an individual preference but I have never used 3D drawing for interior decoration, even for a house design; all are in 3 dimensional detailed autocad drawings.)

Good luck!

Sorry to see this kind of workmanship.

Actually, even if redoing the feature wall using the same type of tile, the result would be bad also. I let you think about it first.

(It is all too common to take a 3D drawing as a detailed drawing; it is not but a concept drawing that helps one to visualize a design. The ID should also produce a detailed drawing, in this case, showing the tiling schematic with precision right down to the thickness of the gap or grout lining, and the dimension of each tile. Only then the tile is ordered, and if necessary cut to the right dimension, before applying to the wall.

For carpentry, it is common that the 3D producer (or even the ID himself) has no or very little knowledge of how a carpentry piece is to be constructed. Without a detailed drawing, then we would see variations in the thickness of the frames, the depth of the backing if the carpentry piece is to be attached etc when it is constructed by a professional carpenter.

There are many of these examples published by ID firms in Renotalk; check out the details of 3D vs actual.

It is an individual preference but I have never used 3D drawing for interior decoration, even for a house design; all are in 3 dimensional detailed autocad drawings.)

Good luck!

i agree the ID is inexperienced, i also commented on the detail drawing for carpentry is not up to standard. but what to do, i'm already in the same boat as him...i will request setting out for all tiling work before he do anything...

HDB called me this morning, they will be doing screeding tomorrow, that's quite fast consider i only submitted the form last week :)

also had a chat with the screed contractor & tell him what level i want for the screed so later can lay the vinyl flooring without issue.

Hi Freb,

would also need the details on how to appeal for the cement screed.

Can you PM me the details?

Thanks a million.

PMed :)

HDB contractor doing FOC screed for me :)

17850747435_4b4201151d_z.jpg

they made a small lump of screed to mark the level throughout the rooms. some residents from my BTO commented that kitchen level is higher than toilets, so when they contractor follow toilet to do tiling, u might have a step at ur kitchen entrance. i called the HDB contractor personally to make sure he do the screed base on my kitchen level minus 5mm to cater for my vinyl flooring later. its ok for bathroom to be lower, so water can be contained.

17847877032_1f8d79f02c_z.jpg17662934798_c10a2f6ae8_z.jpg

ID's colleague called me to understand the problems as my ID is on leave. she told me tiler rectified some defects on site yesterday after she went there to check it out. i have my doubts, so i went this afternoon.

picture speaks for itself

17230360583_0c7a83b8ca_z.jpg
the tiler didn even know how to use spacer, one corner use 2, another corner use 1...wtf
17664495539_f2ddc4f9a0_z.jpg
not aligned
17851230921_0be42601e3_z.jpg
not aligned
17847876552_621a7fbc28_z.jpg
found another problem at the bathroom kerb...seriously the big step at the last piece of tile...wtf is the tiler thinking?
17847876122_47753bab40_z.jpg
my colleague (a professional engineer) pointed out another problem to me. the hollow block wall supposed to be staggered but they do 2 linear column instead, although its not an load bearing wall, but soon the wall will crack or fall off. also some blocks seem to have cracked or only half, they merely patch with cement mortar....this is crap...im gonna ask them to remove the wall and rebuild or refund me the money for the wall as it is no different from putting cardboard inside. now i goto do their job for them...teach them how to build a proper wall...
17825005106_1df417e973_z.jpg
their manager will meet me coming wkend, its extremely frustrating to hear their excuses blah blah blah, but my stand is firm, hack off n redo, or refund
Edited by Freb

Freb, did you check with your ID where did your tilers originate from? Malaysian tilers workmanship are usually better

when i was there, 3 malaysian 1 china...the china one is doing my toilet tiles...i will request them to change another team

my colleague (a professional engineer) pointed out another problem to me. the hollow block wall supposed to be staggered but they do 2 linear column instead, although its not an load bearing wall, but soon the wall will crack or fall off. also some blocks seem to have cracked or only half, they merely patch with cement mortar....this is crap...im gonna ask them to remove the wall and rebuild or refund me the money for the wall as it is no different from putting cardboard inside. now i goto do their job for them...teach them how to build a proper wall...

17825005106_1df417e973_z.jpg

their manager will meet me coming wkend, its extremely frustrating to hear their excuses blah blah blah, but my stand is firm, hack off n redo, or refund

The size of the wall, it wouldn't fall off la, although it should have been staggered laid. Unless of course it becomes a load bearing wall where there is a carpentry piece, for example a bookshelf, suspended behind it.

Even if redo with stagger lay, cracks would form where it rejoins the existing wall. Just a matter of time.

Good luck!

Freb, did you check with your ID where did your tilers originate from? Malaysian tilers workmanship are usually better

Yes, usually.

Cheers!

The size of the wall, it wouldn't fall off la, although it should have been staggered laid. Unless of course it becomes a load bearing wall where there is a carpentry piece, for example a bookshelf, suspended behind it.

Even if redo with stagger lay, cracks would form where it rejoins the existing wall. Just a matter of time.

Good luck!

whether it will fall or crack, I'm not taking risk nor happy with the quality of work...at the end of the day, they finish their work in 1 month n go off, we goto stay 5 years or more...plus paying for a proper hollow block wall but got a partition wall quality, might as well do partition n save the money.

Edited by Freb