Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissgurami

Hopefully "shabby Chic" Em

Hi Rose38,

Same same, the blue chandelier wasn't part of the ward robe. It was the 3rd bathroom lighting but it came way bigger than it was so I shifted it to the walk in. Might change it in the future bit it can do for now :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A quick question- for the taobao lights, did you ask them for any special specification to be used in Singapore or you just bought what was available for china market? I intend to buy lights from taobao but worried that they might not be compatible with Singapore.

Edited by DorisChin

A quick question- for the taobao lights, did you ask them for any special specification to be used in Singapore or you just bought what was available for china market? I intend to buy lights from taobao but worried that they might not be compatible with Singapore.

Hi Doris,

No, I didn't but my take based on my overall experience with taobao for lights is a 50-50 thingy.

One of my chandelier was broken at the underside but can be used.

The Bulbs kept blowing out so I ended spending on bulbs in Singapore but good as well as I changed it to LED or energy saving Bulbs (LED preferred)

And always choose LED, by the time they send you 40W per bulb think our electricity bill will be sky high *lol*

Sizing was unexpected - like bigger than featured on the site. not all I only had 2 lights with different sizing.

1 light didn't come with a safety clasp - Thank god I was buying extra lights from a local shop so they gave it to me for free since it can't be purchased.

My ID did mention that I have to take note about the transformer and it didn't go through CE specs so though the lights are nice. I will change them out one by one to local ones as time moves.

Whether I will buy the lights again? Certain unique models - yes but I will keep to buying local for generic ones.

Hope the above helps :)

Edited by kissgurami

Kitchen Updates - Cabinets are Up! Love my groove lines , took a while to get the grooves right so Kudos to my ID!! He managed to make my design come to life :D!

Breakfast Table at the side and so can't wait for my medium height bar stools to arrive!!

wpid-wp-1412043334613.jpeg

My Staircase with a what I call a "Donut Light" :P

Electrician and ID was understanding to the fact that me and my girls are afraid of the dark so they actually managed to get a 2 way switch done!!

Switch on by the entrance and once we are up, we can switch it off! :wub:

wpid-img_20140929_202340.jpg

Thanks a lot for the advice on lights! My friend recommended me to buy lights & fans from Jb instead. Maybe that might be better :)

Most welcome :)! Maybe I should go JB to get the LED bulbs :D

Lighting.com.sg has good prices on Fans and there is this light shop along Upper Serangoon which does good prices on lights. These are the 2 shops which I got my local lights from.

Renovation Updates!

It is ridiculous how much effort is required to keep T-Blog updated *hehehehehe* Work Kids and House takes ALOT!!!

Anyways, due to my taobao shipment my reno kind of got delayed a bit and I don't have an option to extend the rental so GUESS WHAT!

I moved in with renovation on-going!!! ID was very kind to get his people wash the place twice especially the master so I can have a proper stay in condition. Trust me the amount of dust from the drilling is INTENSE and IMMENSE!!!

Good News is Plumbers came down today! Since I only finalized on the sinks for my master and 2nd bathroom on Sunday. Wasser Bath - Jane was really nice to get it changed for me when I realised the size for my master is too big and she actually whatsapp me other models available in the size I wanted.

Bought 2 taps from her.

They had a mixer tap on sale $50 each so I bought 2 of it since my Taobao Taps didn't come through. I ordered 2 same taps for my 2nd bathroom and only 1 came so I used that for my 3rd bathroom instead. It would be hellish if i used different taps for my 2 girls. Literally they will accuse me of biaseness.

First 2 boxes were opened and it was ok. Then 3rd box came with the sink model meant for counter top. :bleah:Took a photo of it and whatsapp it to Jane. Quite annoying actually since the amount of time spent to receive deliveries is immensely crazy!!!

Next part came on arranging the accessories - OMG :jawdrop: It was stressful trying to place the accessories around the master and 3rd bathroom. I kept thinking what if I get this nailed in and I won't like it anymore :wacko:

All in all, it is go kind of well except for the 2nd bathroom since it is missing 1 sink so round 2 needs to happen again *hiaz*

I must have pose a such a fickle mind as once the kitchen cabinets went up, ID asked me to check the solid surface samples and confirm again.

Extremely torn! I like the mint green alot but when I match it with my grooves, it doesn't quite turn out well? And at the same time, all white kitchen was what I was going for. The other sore point was the speckles in the solid surface - TOTAL DISLIKE!

So what I did, went back to Matt White top which I know for a FACT that it will look good BUT LOL!! I will have alot of work maintaining that white surface but what the ****, I will deal with my grumbling of managing a White surface later :P

It isn't the most practical choice but in this world of practicality, think I will cut myself some slack in having something which is pretty :D!!

wpid-wp-1412154125347.jpeg

Edited by kissgurami

I like your kitchen cabinet laminates... THey look like wood planks...

Ya I wanted a plank looking surface and kind of add some dimensions to my kitchen if not plain look will make it look modern also. :D

Finalized the laminates and my kitchen design!! too happy that I didn't take a photo of my laminates.

Getting the grooved doors for my Shabby Chic Kitchen hehehehe

The 3D photo was done by my patient and sweet ID. This isn't the final look since I kept changing to fit in my costs.

Ultimately the real end result will be no cabinets at the side. Just a laminate countertop wall hung.

My sink will be built in with the solid top so my entire countertop will be 1 seamless piece without any need for top mount of under mount :dancingqueen:

Not sure who the architect was , but they have this weirdy idea of placing the pipes smacked in the middle with a protruding pipe.. this means = $$$ to box up, :curse:

vr1.jpg

Hi kissgurami, I like the design our you cabinet very much. Is the groove line of the cabinets custom made or the laminate comes with such patterns?

Hi kissgurami, I like the design our you cabinet very much. Is the groove line of the cabinets custom made or the laminate comes with such patterns?

Hi Rosicky!

The grooves lines are custom made :) as I wanted the old skool look without becoming too country.

Edited by kissgurami