Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissgurami

Hopefully "shabby Chic" Em

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Try doing chin up with the beams, haha.

any progress on your renovation so far? :)

hahaha! That is a good idea :P

I have been very slack with my renovation and distracted with work.

nothing much has been done for 2 weeks because of my Taobao items BUT they arrived yesterday!!! Woo Hoo!

There is delay on the kitchen and still being fabricated I want the drawers to be behind the cabinets so everything is vertical lines *lol*

I am thinking of using those bamboo blinds and hanging over the beam to mask the look (idea idea idea) :idea:

Given the extend of your reno, you must have way exceeded your initial budget... looking forward to the completion of your house....After reading your blog, i immediately msg my hubby told him, I regretted not buying EM...

Given the extend of your reno, you must have way exceeded your initial budget... looking forward to the completion of your house....After reading your blog, i immediately msg my hubby told him, I regretted not buying EM...

Hmmm, for my renovation (electrical/plumbing included) excluding furnishing and lighting etc - it is below 40k. It would be lower if I didn't need to do replace the entire level flooring and had walk-in ward robes for 2 rooms. Those ward-robes are like luxury instead of basic item :P

Decided on a fan for the living room and in the end I pick THE ONE from Lightings.com.sg

It is an unknown brand - Samaire?

57 Inch with remote and 3 light options -> LED, Cool White and Warm light for $470. it is a very simple design and works with my current room.

My Living room doesn't have cove lighting nor down lights or track lights so this is the best option :D

The below is Silver but I will be having White :P

img_20140925_142817.jpg

I really like the one I saw above the mrt Station ... wah power sia .... like beach feeling .... anyway on your choice, given the typical size of the living room. It should be more than enough. :)

I really like the one I saw above the mrt Station ... wah power sia .... like beach feeling .... anyway on your choice, given the typical size of the living room. It should be more than enough. :)

How does the one at the MRT station look like? Take a pix next time! Ya, I am hoping it is big enough :P

I like the haiku & (EXPENSIVE) amasco triniti but it doesn't come with lights and my current setup doesn't allow downlights by the side (extra cost).

Was thinking I can do with a simple with light for now and save up slowly for a white haiku with LED :D

What is a renovation now without the involvement of infamous Taobao! :dancingqueen:

For the 4th Bedroom

T1ZLTtFvxaXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x

For the 3rd bedroom aka Study Room

TB1mc84FVXXXXXnXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

For my girl's Frozen Themed Room!

T1tS1ZXvhXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x

Master Bedroom - MYSTERY!! :P

Hmmm, for my renovation (electrical/plumbing included) excluding furnishing and lighting etc - it is below 40k. It would be lower if I didn't need to do replace the entire level flooring and had walk-in ward robes for 2 rooms. Those ward-robes are like luxury instead of basic item :P

Sounds like a very good deal if all reno below 40K.

Sounds like a very good deal if all reno below 40K.

Mine is the shabby chic theme which is also about recycling the existing items, painting it and giving it a new life. Kind of an education lesson to my kids that not everything has to removed to achieve a look. all the wood materials still comes from trees so trying to recycle where we can :)

plus I kept all my doors even the main door - repairing it a little and painted over. whatever was changed was either due to safety or really without help.

Lightings Update! My lights came in from Taobao and what I can say is _ Breathe if you order from Taobao. For the pricing, think we can put up with some bits and pieces :)

My Balcony Side Light, usually I am not a fan of warm light but it was bright enough and gave a cosy glow! :wub:

wpid-img_20140926_193007.jpg

This is my Master Bedroom Chandelier! :wub:

wpid-img_20140926_181455.jpg

My Walk In Light - Partially installed :P

wpid-img_20140926_192000.jpg

My Master Bathroom and I am so in love with it! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

wpid-img_20140926_180612.jpg

Edited by kissgurami