Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kissgurami

Hopefully "shabby Chic" Em

WiFi Setup in the EM!

I have SingTel Mio Home Bundle so I thought to have another setup box for my room as well.

What I had SingTel do was to pull the Open Net point to my living room. Then pull the Cat 5E cable up from the balcony to my master window and to my designated TV point. Installed 2 data points which will be connected from the living room ONT point.

So what this means is -> my ground floor has 2 data points - 1 for the Access Point and 1 for the MiO. There is one more port for the ONT.

For my 2nd level, I have 2 data points and 1 is plugged into the Access Point and 1 for my MiO. My speed now is 197MB!! tested around the 2nd floor and voila !

Was trying to avoid repeaters so this was the best option I could think of :D !

With the 2 Access Points, means I have 2 separate WiFi for my ground and 2nd Level.

Wrote this with excitement so if you have questions let me know!

Edited by kissgurami

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Review on Panasonic EcoNavi Aircon

I have been using it for 5 days now and simply love the air con!

Good Feedback

• The room cools really fast. Mind you that my room has 1 hour of afternoon sun shining in so when I come home, I use the Econavi mode and the room cools in less than 3 minutes. It has a Powerful/Quiet function which is part of the Econavi logic.
  • It is very very quiet!
  • If I am the only one in the room, the wind actually shifts to my direction so my air con is now set as 22-24 depending as I can feel the cool air directly on me.
  • When sleeping, the wind slows down and comes back on again when you sit up. So I am really curious on the electricity bill will be like and if it fits the justification of 4 ticks.

Negative Feedback

• The water leaks from the compressor and because it is placed above my balcony, it is annoying so this is something I need to feedback on.

Wah a while nvr logged in so many info!

Well I got 2 question for you sis if you don't mind.

1) shouldn't the Aircon guys run a drainage pipe to your bathroom or to ur balcony pipe? Surprised you're experiencing leaking direct from the compressor.

2) I'm using ST Fibre broadband currently. Quite certain using the same the set up at new place. However how do I ensure that both levels can receive strong signal? What would you recommend? Data point cat 6 as quoted by my Electrician, set up dual band wireless modem, using access point device? Other an IMac, the rest should be handheld mobile or tablets.

For your case, can I assume you planned wireless concept for all levels?

Edited by Whalegaga

Wah a while nvr logged in so many info!

Well I got 2 question for you sis if you don't mind.

1) shouldn't the Aircon guys run a drainage pipe to your bathroom or to ur balcony pipe? Surprised you're experiencing leaking direct from the compressor.

2) I'm using ST Fibre broadband currently. Quite certain using the same the set up at new place. However how do I ensure that both levels can receive strong signal? What would you recommend? Data point cat 6 as quoted by my Electrician, set up dual band wireless modem, using access point device? Other an IMac, the rest should be handheld mobile or tablets.

For your case, can I assume you planned wireless concept for all levels?

Hello!!

1. They did have a drainage pipe which baffles me. I have 2 in fact. So really waiting for tomorrow to be able to contact them.

2. Yup, I have planned Wireless concept for all levels :) You can have Data point Cat 6 setup at the 2nd level and use a Access point. I tested the speed when I didn't have another AP setup at the 2nd level and it was around 20MB full bars though but it would choke and get congested the moment more devices get add on.

Edited by kissgurami

Taobao Taps and shower sets 101

I won't deny the taps and shower sets are way cheaper but the QC also speaks for itself. Ordered 3 shower sets and 1 Bath Tub set and 6 taps.

1 of my tap sizing was different from the picture and I was missing 1 tap so have to purchase local ones which were so so). My master bathroom mixer had issues where the cold water tap doesn't function so it is a permanent leak. Thankfully the seller agreed to sell the mixer alone without the shower set so that is on the way. meanwhile, plumber installed a temporary mixer so that I can at least use the hand shower.

Tip: Every Taobao tap does not come with this thing -> pop up wastage stopper so you can get it from your plumber or purchase from a shop where you are getting your sink.. Hidden cost which I didn't anticipate for.

2 of my shower sets did not come with this wall stopper? So had to purchase that separately so have it installed.

Overall I would still order from Taobao for taps for shower sets which I can't locate in Singapore but would be more savvy to get the other items in placed :)

By the way, The Kohler Taps are simply Lovely and would definitely order more of them in the future!

• Like 1

My 3rd Shabby Chic Bathroom is finally Dressed up! :sport-smiley-003:

That's my precious Shabby Chic Distressed Lourve Window Mirror hehehehe! Like I have mentioned before, I managed to get my Wooden Bi-Fold Door to complete the Shabby Chic look. I did get the aged door look but I was worried that water might seep faster to the wooden door so I gave in to have it painted to "make it more water proof".

wpid-img_20141007_232805.jpg

My White Kitchen is almost there!!! So close yet so far!

With my gas heater and stove, I realised that it takes 4 days - 5 days to get a City gas person to help turn out on the gas. I paid express service for my gas heater since it wasn't great to shower in cold water in the mornings. That Express Service actually costs $70......

My Pantry is completed but without a door. Sliding Door would whack my overall budget so keeping that on hold and see how the open pantry works out. At first I was apprehensive about the gaps but after placing my items in. It kind of works out! Love the fact I can see everything at a glance :D!

wpid-img_20141007_232936.jpg

My almost there Shabby Chic Kitchen! It is missing a door as the grooves did not work out and wasn't closing that well. Have to wait for it to be re-worked :(

My hanging pot rack hasn't been fitted properly yet and the contractor needs to seal the gap in the box up ceiling. Pendant Lights are definitely bright enough with 25W Energy Saving Bulbs each! :)

I am still so in love :wub: :wub: with my integrated sink with the counter top. It would be a H E L L to keep it pristine but it is so pleasing to the eye!!

wpid-img_20141007_232058_panorama.jpg

Edited by kissgurami

kissgurami, your post on the City Gas turn on is soooooooooooo helpful. I totally forgot about turning on my City Gas till i saw your post and i am going to move in next Tuesday.. Hopefully can turn on my Monday... Adults can shower with cold water, but i have 2 little kiddos.. Thanks so much...

Wow your sink is nice...Very clean and sleek design for the kitchen..

kissgurami, your post on the City Gas turn on is soooooooooooo helpful. I totally forgot about turning on my City Gas till i saw your post and i am going to move in next Tuesday.. Hopefully can turn on my Monday... Adults can shower with cold water, but i have 2 little kiddos.. Thanks so much...

Wow your sink is nice...Very clean and sleek design for the kitchen..

You are most welcome! :)

Did you managed to get an appointment? I submitted my request online and I missed the call from city gas.

Kitchen Nightmare!

I was wanting to post this but didn't have the time.

When installing my kitchen tap, it was noticed that the draining wasn't that fast so the plumber went to check the drainage pipes.

The drainage pipes were choked with solidified oil which reeked!! Poor guys, they removed it and clean it out!!! After that the water pressure and draining was so much better! Was informed by the plumber that resale and older units has this problem if the previous owners tend to pour oil down the pipes. So kind of "lucky" that this was found out before I had all my kitchen ware into the cabinets. Had to air the smell out and wipe.mop the floor for 2 days before it was normal again.

My Budget Walk in Ward robe!

Purchased IKEA Algot System and was hoping to pull it off. So far it looks pretty decent to me :D , couldn't have it on the opposite wall since it is a board wall. Need to crack my head even more :P

Need to slowly furnish up the ward robe and make it more presentable (SAME WITH THE REST OF THE HOUSE :bangwall: )

wpid-wp-1412824668167.jpeg

Yes, managed to get an appointment on next monday, just nice to move in on Tuesday!

You are reminding me to check my kitchen pipes too... Hopefully is fine,. But i do have some problem with my water pressure for the bath rooms.. We didnt have rainshower, but the water is real slow from the shower head...

• Like 1

Yes, managed to get an appointment on next monday, just nice to move in on Tuesday!

You are reminding me to check my kitchen pipes too... Hopefully is fine,. But i do have some problem with my water pressure for the bath rooms.. We didnt have rainshower, but the water is real slow from the shower head...

I have my appointment on Monday too!!! Can't wait to be able to use my kitchen functionally hehehe!

Hmmm, if the water pressure is slow you should contact HDB on it. Sometimes it could either the pressure outside or could be the pipes inside the house. I re-do all the pipes in the bathroom to make sure I don't have water flow problems since I have 3 rain showers :P

Hey kissgurami,

I am truly impress with what you have done so far and looking forward to reading and seeing more pictures of your lovely home. :good:

Thanks PrincessT :) !

Most of the renovation has been completed except for a hole in my kitchen ceiling. It is my doing as I wanted to have this ceiling rack last minute.

Now is furnishing time which is a big big slow project :P!!