Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Evenstar

Build In Wardrobe Board Material

Dear all, I have a new condo to renovate. I plan to do a few wardrobes, carbinets. Before I search a ID for the quotation and design, I would want to know what kind of board that ID usually uses?

I heard usually they will use ply board/solid ply board. However the ply board will actually disseminste harmful substance Formaldehyde, which may cause blood cancer to child/baby/elderly and discomforts to adults. I have one 2 years kid and one infant so cannot take the risk. Anyone shares the same concern as me?

Can I request the Id to use better material? I'm thinking of MDF or even solid wood. Can anyone advise is it doable? And cost difference?

Thank you!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear all, I have a new condo to renovate. I plan to do a few wardrobes, carbinets. Before I search a ID for the quotation and design, I would want to know what kind of board that ID usually uses?

I heard usually they will use ply board/solid ply board. However the ply board will actually disseminste harmful substance Formaldehyde, which may cause blood cancer to child/baby/elderly and discomforts to adults. I have one 2 years kid and one infant so cannot take the risk. Anyone shares the same concern as me?

Can I request the Id to use better material? I'm thinking of MDF or even solid wood. Can anyone advise is it doable? And cost difference?

Thank you!

To be very frank, "Got Money also cannot buy quality wood".

What's wrong with plywood when all surface is sealed up with vinyl, or laminates or abs trimming.? does it have any chance for it to produce that odourless smell.?

So long the room/house is ventilated, I don't see much harm.

What you should be concern is not to feed your kids with process food which is the major cause of cancers.