Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
intonewlife

Home Sweet Home

I second looneygas's advice on ikea shelves.. not really durable even for normal usage (based on my family's and own unfortunate experiences :wacko: ).

Not sure if $2K shelves are worthwhile in bomb shelter since it's largely a hidden spot? Have planned to go for those metal racks offered by companies such as sim win liang. Seems more durable for heavy stuff too if looks isn't a major concern.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ma5quer, looks matter to me as I need the space in the bs to act as my waredrobe. Hehe...

I thought ikea items are durable as the wall mounted shelves that I used for a couple of years

Sharing with you items that I have eyeing at taobao website :))

1) Coat stand

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4004-4412005930.29.LFGiko&id=38294015620

2) Celling Lights for Storeroom and kitchen and bathroom

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=25171940894

3)Downlights for bedroom and living room

4) T5/ led strips for fixture wall in the living room

5) Pendant light for bedroom

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19150564665&ali_refid=a3_420841_1006:1103515508:N:%B4%B4%D2%E2%CE%D4%CA%D2%B5%C6:93f54ee4052a52922c1fe6bb4a3bb84b&ali_trackid=1_93f54ee4052a52922c1fe6bb4a3bb84b&spm=0.0.0.0.C0Ou2W

6) Hanger

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39186418082

7)Carpet

NICE CHOICE for the lighting... will be getting similar for my new nest as well. Please advice your forwarder.. :) Post some picture after you received the stuff ya..

Haiz....my chinese cannot make it. Hence I find online shopping on chinese sites very daunting. :( Did you use any website translator?

Hi diva79, you can use google chrome like i do!

always translate chinese to english. :) that will do..

Ma5quer, looks matter to me as I need the space in the bs to act as my waredrobe. Hehe...

I thought ikea items are durable as the wall mounted shelves that I used for a couple of years

Ahh I see..

If ikea works for you then would think their prices are hard to beat! I see some people in renotalk shipping furniture pieces from Taobao though..maybe you can try if you are willing to take some risk?

Hi aluka,

My unit is tiny 1 bedroom condo. And the painting service was quoted 1100 to 1250 by different id and contractor.

I also thought of using nippon professional painting services.. the package is 990 not include pipes.

I alsi thought of looking for other contractor for electric works.. any recommendation?

Hi,

I just got my place painted... I outsourced the painting and it was $500 cheaper than my ID, used 2 colours for my place (5-bedroom equivalent) cost me about $1.7K ... think dont rely on the ID's recommended painter

Edited by Rachel

• Like 1

Received quotation from id for electrical works as follows:

1) supply & install 5 nos of lighting points in the living room ($300)

2) supply& install 4 nos of lighting points in the bedroom ($240)

3) supply labour & tools to install 13 nos of down light for whole house ($195)

4) supply labour & tools to install 1 no of ceiling in bomb shelter ($25)

5) supply labour & tools to install 1 nos of hanging light in balcony ($40)

total cost: $800

Is it consider expensive?

Hi Rachel, at which stage of renovation does painting come to play? I need to consider as I do not have leave to take to coordinate

Hey, our painter came in after the tiler + electrician while the carpentry was ongoing... they'll come back to touch up again after the reno works!

After 6 weeks of id huntung, finally Signed with id firm and he would be start to design my unit soon.

Initally thought of hiring nippon professional service to paint my unit coz can save ard 200 but I do not have time to coordinate myself and worried that nippon professional is not available on the dates that I wan as they mentioned they have packed schedule. In e end, let id do everything. If I am hardworking, I think I can save ard 400 on outsourcing painting and electrical works.

Hope this id does a good work for me. Finger cross.