Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hazelline

Our New Home (Wood & White Maybe Scandinavian?)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Please pm me the contractor. is carpentry included ?

Yap carpentry is included for my project...will pm you..

Hi hazelline. Could you PM me your contractor's contact and quote? Thanks alot!

Will pm you..

Hello !

Read through your t-blog, and your home is really nice ! would you mind PM me your contractor's detail ? Thank You !

Thank you...sure..will pm you..

Finally we are getting our keys for our new home in an area that we are not too familiar with but hopefully will be great for us!!!

We actually look for ID or Contractor only after getting our keys and after viewing our new home..so we kinda started our reno after a month from taking the keys..

So here is our floor plan..a typical 5-Room BTO...

gallery_63855_546_89209.jpg

Both Hub and I like wood for our furnitures and we both love the wood grain feel so we decided that it should be the main focus in our home..Hub also dislike dark colours as he feel mosquito always hide in dark places haha...So we decided that there should be lots of white in our home...after thinking through which theme should we pick..we thought that Scandinavian is the way to go...which is very popular and common now..but I think as long as both of us love it, it doesnt matter if its too common

We also have a rough idea on what we wanted for the house..nothing too complicated as my Hub is a super practical person..haha..so we decided to look for contractors instead of IDs. I know IDs will recommend really pretty and cool stuff for the house..but we are on really tight budget and we kinda know what we want thus we went ahead to look for quotations from contractors instead of IDs.

We took 3 quotations and also making reference to some of our friend's quotations before deciding on the ONE!! (Pray hard it will be a good one)

So for our home we told our contractors the things we wanted as follow:

L box for living, dining, study area, corridor and foyer as we wanted to have downlights at these area (no cove lights as we scared alot of insects or dirt will be trapped there..ewwww)

Homogeneous tiles for whole flat (wanted marble initially but **** **** ex haha...so give up the idea)

Brickwall for living room..this is what I love(lucky Hub allow me to have this) although its quite expensive and very very common nowadays..

Not much to be done in our toilets except the sliding glass door and cabinet for MBR toilet

Kitchen cabinets top and bottom for one side and bottom only for the other side with iQuartz

Bi-fold door at entrance to Kitchen (Hub worry the wastage of aircon if our kitchen is open de)

Full ht display cabinet to be the separator for our living and study area

Full ht shoe cabinet at foyer

L-shape wardrobe at MBR

Normal wardrobe at BR 2

So for our place there are no hacking as we didnt have the budget..and one thing about Contractors..they cant provide you with 3D drawings..so you have to visually imagine what is suitable and what is not..abit tough when you are getting your furnitures..which I am having difficulty now haha...

Jero..I will pm you the contacts..

Hi ,

Do you mind you can recommend me your contractor ? I need their contact number. Thanks

hi, your PM is full, can you provide me your contractor details? How much was your total reno? thank you!!

Sure sure..will pm you...

Hi ,

Do you mind you can recommend me your contractor ? I need their contact number. Thanks

Sure..will pm you..

Hi Hazelline!

I love your living room! Could you share your contractor contacts and costs if it's possible? Tried to PM you but your inbox is full..

Thank you!

Hi Hazelline!

I love your living room! Could you share your contractor contacts and costs if it's possible? Tried to PM you but your inbox is full..

Thank you!

Thank you...will pm you the contacts..

hi, can pm your contractors' contact please? i'm looking for an electrician to quote. Would you recommend yours? Thanks in advance!

hi, can pm your contractors' contact please? i'm looking for an electrician to quote. Would you recommend yours? Thanks in advance!

Hihi...mine is actually the whole project handled by my contractor.. so I won't have the contacts of the electrician..so far my house things are OK though.. maybe you check with the contractor?